Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #809
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Anyone know if there is going to be a PC Demo?.....I'm telling you guys, the sleeper is going to be the PC version of this game. I'm picking up the PC version regardless of some of the issues and features...(ie, no online play).

It's been a long time waiting for a PC baseball game and finally 2K has heard us PC gamers!!...lol

peace
Ernesto
Old 02-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #810
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Living Legend
Your defintly right i love the pitching mechanics in this game, someone said that you dont have to do both motions to pitch you only have to hold the first part and just let go. You can do that but you will not have the velocity or the break on it, you might get lucky but the computer will smack the crap out of it and i tested it a couple of times.

Also i probably will go back to the 2k8 version seems a little to easy for me but i think if i can adjust how fast it goes then that might be a different story. I like the hitting to might love the cursor though since i loved it in 2k3. After this pitching mechanic was implemented i can never go back to button pressing, just cant.
What i do is move the pitch slightly outside of where the glove is on the corner so just a smigden of the ball is over the strike zone. You get a ton of called strikes that way and swings and misses. you also throw more balls because you are more likely to miss. I really try to pinpoint it. On increased difficulty levels it should be even better. I'm also getting batters to reach for balls outside the strikezone at this point. I had pena try to climb the ladder against me when i just kept moving the pitch slightly higher. He eventually swung on a pitch high and upstairs outside the strikezone.

Last edited by kGinGreen; 02-25-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #811
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Easy is simply the opposite of difficult. Chore means it feels like work, and there are easy chores and difficult chores. Two different things. I personally find twirling a stick every pitch to be a chore. That's regardless of the difficulty setting.
damn that's a shame cause i feel like moving the joystick feels good and fun and actually makes me concentrate more then simple button pressing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #812
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Dont be surprise if you see the new xbox come out before that.
Not much, 2011 at the earliest.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #813
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Easy is simply the opposite of difficult. Chore means it feels like work, and there are easy chores and difficult chores. Two different things. I personally find twirling a stick every pitch to be a chore. That's regardless of the difficulty setting.
You find moving the stick on the controller a chore? WOW. It is more realistic and fluid then simply pressing a button.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #814
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
damn that's a shame cause i feel like moving the joystick feels good and fun and actually makes me concentrate more then simple button pressing.
I tried it for a few days with 2K8. I'd give it more time, but I can't stand the yellow pitch circle either. The combination of the two makes Pinpoint pitching my option of choice.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #815
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastorofPuppetz
You find moving the stick on the controller a chore? WOW. It is more realistic and fluid then simply pressing a button.
what exactly makes it more realistic?? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #816
Rookie

OVR: 1
Im a fantatic about baseball, and stoked about this game. however the ratings in the game are diffrent then screen shots, seems like every poisition player is up two player ratings overall, for example bj upton is 81 on the screenshot but 83 in the game. Which is Which?

David Price only throws 91..is this because he is a starter now..or is it wrong?

Great job, i think everyone deserves a lot of credit becasue it looks like a great game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »