Home

MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #49
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I don't believe this has been asked, but if it has I apologize..... What about the weather? Is there rain? Does the wind have an effect on ball physics etc...?
no rain, sunny partly cloudy and overcast. but there is wind I'm sure that affects things.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Hello Brian u. Since you are doing some franchise simming can you check to see if they upgraded the ws celebration to more than dancing around homeplate? Thanks in advance
Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #51
Rookie

IvanCalderon90's Arena

Are you able to edit a player's position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #52
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
1. looks fixed to me.
2. I put everthing manual, simmed a few months kept checking my mlb lineup, picked auto to manage minor league injuries, autod the amatuer draft and my mlb lineups throughout stayed intact.
5. checked boxscores and looks good verlander, cc and wainwright pitched games 1 and 5!
6. I didn't play any games, but simmed a season and at various points it showed the correct info. was this only broken ingame? describe the situation and ill check.

the season stats are similar to what pastapadre and the poster here shared. a little low on hrs, couple sub 2 eras, a bit low batting avg, no 20 game winning pitchers (18 games look to be the most I've seen) and only 3-4 90 win teams. hope. we can get 2k to look at these thimgs, but the good far outweighs the bad imo. nothing new in franchise but everything works as intended. hot cold streaks looked good to me, no cpu screwing your lineup and no dl or fatigue problems as far as I can tell.

If anyone wants a specific bug tested tell me the steps and ill check it. I bought the game for franchise and glad I did, the franchise mode is highly underrated imo its very solid lots added last year now works correctly
Playball!

Edit: Only fatigue problem I see is that DHs fatigue at the same rate as position players. still loving franchise but need to let 2k know about that. in my second simmed season 4 teams with 90+ wins. including Reds with 102 wins and lost game 7 to NYY in WS. didn't have any awful teams in playoffs like pastapadre had the pirates in his for either year first year St louis beat Detroit in WS.
Thanks so much for taking the time check this stuff out Brian! I really appreciate it.

I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased it at GameStop.

So far I'm liking what I see. I also looked into the box score thing, and it does seemed to be fixed.

I also LOVE that in the post season you saw CC pitch games 1 and 5. It was lame how last year game 5's and 7's would be against a teams last starter. What a huge difference a small fix will make.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #53
Rookie

For those of you who also have the game, has anyone encountered retractable roof stadiums with the roof closed at any time? Like, are Miami, Houston, and Seattle always open or will they randomly close in the middle of an inning/start of a game?

Just a general wondering.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #54
MVP

BrianU's Arena

im very happy with my purchase, It gets the fundamentals right and has franchise depth. Ive read plenty of issues people have with the other game in franchise mode both games have ups and downs I love the way pitching works this year, You really have to save your strikeout pitches for good hitters it adds so much, the little things add up quite a bit. Fielding is great too! No shame in owning a 360.

So it looks like a lot of these things you asked about are fixed, as long as you sim 1 game at a time and adjust rosters for injuries yourself which is what you should be doing anyway. One thing i need to look at is fatigue, if you put a guy as a DH he should gain some energy or at least not lose the full amount but I dont think it works that way. Pinch runners and pinch hitters appear to work alright, have you looked at any of this?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #55
Rookie

loogs's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajar777
Is citi field upgraded with the new dimensions?
NO

QUESTION: is there a way to check your swing with classic batting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #56
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
im very happy with my purchase, It gets the fundamentals right and has franchise depth. Ive read plenty of issues people have with the other game in franchise mode both games have ups and downs I love the way pitching works this year, You really have to save your strikeout pitches for good hitters it adds so much, the little things add up quite a bit. Fielding is great too! No shame in owning a 360.

So it looks like a lot of these things you asked about are fixed, as long as you sim 1 game at a time and adjust rosters for injuries yourself which is what you should be doing anyway. One thing i need to look at is fatigue, if you put a guy as a DH he should gain some energy or at least not lose the full amount but I dont think it works that way. Pinch runners and pinch hitters appear to work alright, have you looked at any of this?
The concensus seems to be DH's fatigue at the same rate as position players. Which is kinda lame... but not the end of the world I guess. Last year (as you said) if you pinch ran a guy he lost a whole games fatigue. So at least they fixed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loogs
NO

QUESTION: is there a way to check your swing with classic batting?
Yes. You must tap "A" again when you realize you want to check your swing. Though I find this much harder than the method for swing stick users. (which is to yank back on the swing stick)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »