Home

MLB 2k12 How's Your My Player Going Thread?

This is a discussion on MLB 2k12 How's Your My Player Going Thread? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2k12 How's Your My Player Going Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnekaro
I love this game. I have my power and contact sliders set to 100, so I can become the best player of all time. My player is a power hitter, contact hitter, speedster, gold glover, you name it. I hit .441 with 65 HR and 213 RBIs. I already have two World Series rings and am in my third season, on my way to the Hall.
This may have been the funniest thing I've ever read. Thank you so much
Old 04-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #218
Just started!

OVR: 0

Maybe you should improve your fastball speed. I can throw 103 MPH with my pitcher and it really makes striking out batters a lot easier. I focused on getting a fast fastball instead of my MLB callup goals. I want to get my fastball in the 105-106 MPH range so I can be considered the fastest pitcher in MLB history.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #219
Just started!

I can still get my hits in legend mode but I really want to surpass all MLB records. Now that I have 2k13 I have called it quits for my first baseman, and am working on a second baseman and a closing pitcher. But, I really like playing on the easiest setting, because I want to shatter all MLB records.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #220
Just started!

And also I have a question. Is there a way to change a reliever to starter. I wanted to be a closer for the Phillies but Papelbon is blocking my spot, and I am stuck as the setup guy. Until Papelbon retires, leaves, or gets injured, I'm stuck as a stupid setup man.

I have attempted to increase stamina to become a starter but in career decisions, there is no way to change pitching role. My ERA is well below 1 and I am trying to find out a way to become a starter and dominate. Is this possible by any way?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #221
Just started!

Dyson6's Arena

I've been playing a year and a half in the Cardinals organization at 2B and STILL I'm in AAA. My BA and RBI numbers are crazy good, but I'm still stuck in the minors with my only MLB competition being at a 78 OVR (I'm 80 now)

I've even tried changing to multiple positions but I'm still stuck and I'm about ready to just call it quits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #222
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson6
I've been playing a year and a half in the Cardinals organization at 2B and STILL I'm in AAA. My BA and RBI numbers are crazy good, but I'm still stuck in the minors with my only MLB competition being at a 78 OVR (I'm 80 now)

I've even tried changing to multiple positions but I'm still stuck and I'm about ready to just call it quits.
Dyson6, have you met all of your callup requirements? For some reason they won't call you up unless you meet every callup requirement they give you.

If you want to perform better turn your sliders to rookie, but most people like challenging themselves and playing on legend or harder.

Check over your callup requirements, and make sure you get all your attributes up to where they need to be, you will be a major leaguer in no time.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:36 AM   #223
Banned

Good To Hear Dude I'm Already Hitting 26 Long Balls
Old 07-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #224
Just started!

I started a 3rd baseman and randomly selected the Reds. I chose slugging as my main attribute and it took me 14 games to hit a home run but after that I hit 4 in 5 games and went on a tear. I was called up from AA to ML after 3/4 months(as a September call up/meeting all my requirements).

I blew hard in the Majors but the Reds made it to the playoffs and for some reason I was under 150 AB's by like 40 and still lost my rookie eligibility for the next year. But I am currently in my 2nd ML year and 2nd overall. About 2 months in I have 6 home runs and 27 ribbies, but am hitting a putrid .241. I probably should have stayed in the minors a little bit longer.

Playing on AllStar difficulty and refuse to lower it. It's a nice challenge. I'll update after my first full year.

Anyone know what happens when you're rookie contract ends? Is it like NBA 2k and I can negotiate or what lol?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »