Home

MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #121
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

Guys, this isn't a comparison thread. You guys know how this works. There is no need to bring up the Show in this thread.

If you feel like you can't hold your tongue and have to tell everyone how bad this game is and how great the Show is than take it to the "Baseball Other" forum.

Let those who are happy the game has been brought back from the dead be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 18

I am interested in seeing what the game looks and plays like. But for me I thought 11 was better than 12 aside from a new wrinkle they added. Since it is unlikely they had guys working on this game for the past year I don't see how you can expect this to be much of an improvement over the last game that they released. I hope I am wrong but there are very few positive surprises in sports video game land.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #123
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Eric Fisher@EricFisherSBJ 2K Sports/MLB renewal is for this year only - one yr pact to serve as bridge to next console cycle

Eric Fisher@EricFisherSBJ
MLB did not want to sit out the yr on Xbox 360, went w incumbent party while larger options sorted out
hmmmm Larger options sorted out... sooo i take it that EA or someone of that size is already working on a game for 14 and the new consoles.... hmmm... interesting...
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #124
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I might buy this game just to thank them for keeping the series alive! Meanwhile, I might as well go for the $1 million too haha.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
hmmmm Larger options sorted out... sooo i take it that EA or someone of that size is already working on a game for 14 and the new consoles.... hmmm... interesting...
Sounds like a coat of paint comin' to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #126
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
That is not true. It isn't up for debate either.
If you make the sliders difficult enough - to play like simulation baseball - you indeed CAN make each at-bat really tough. I've had 14 pitch at-bats, fouling off pitches, taking pitches - awaiting my spot. This is a FUN game...
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #127
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

First screen shot and alleged feature list over @ Pasta Padre

The surprise announcement that the MLB 2K series would return for another year – and the new license agreed upon with MLB is just for one year – came down this morning. Though the cover athlete news was announced along with it (David Price) no details on what to expect from the game feature wise were made immediately available.

Now though there is a early features list for the game that won’t quell any pessimism around how much work is going to be put into the product. It primarily contains features being carried over rather than anything new with the exception of a Playoff mode (which is also new this year in The Show). Given the constrained development cycle that may not be a surprise but it will make it even more difficult for consumers to justify the full $60 price tag.

Total Control Pitching & Hitting - The original analog pitching and hitting controls remain the benchmark. Unmatched control and realism allow you to feel the action on both sides of the plate.

My Player
- Experience the journey from Minor Leagues to MLB stardom. Choose your path, customize your player and work your way to the top.

MLB Today
- Take the field in an authentic environment pulled from the real life MLB season. Featuring the latest rosters & lineups, and relevant commentary & stats overlays.

MLB Today Season
- Play through the full 2013 MLB season, one day at a time. Real results combine with yours, allowing you to compete directly with real life MLB teams.

Dynamic Tendencies
- Player performance fluctuates dynamically as player ratings update from pitch to pitch and at-bat to at-bat.

Inside Edge & Stats Inc.
- Strategize for each at-bat with authentic scouting reports and data from Inside Edge & Stats Inc.

Franchise
- Championship teams are built in the front office, and crowned on the field. Can you master both sides of the ball and build a dynasty?

Postseason
- Relive the 2012 Postseason, or customize your own bracket and crown a new champion.

Home Run Derby
- Go head to head with MLB’s greatest power hitters in a classic Derby format.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #128
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Oh... they still have the black tarp on the Green Monster lights.

Yeah, just a roster update with playoff mode.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »