Home

2011 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2011 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: 2011 Atlanta Braves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt45
Thinking about going Saturday in Montgomery. I would for sure go if it was better players, but a lackluster group unless you are a huge Huddy fan.
The list ain't that bad. I'll be going to one that is literally right down the road in Roswell. Should be decent with Heyward, Minor, Marek, Proctor, Fredi, and Linebrink.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #42
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Word from a buddy of mine at the stop in Birmingham today was that its hit or miss to even get to meet any of the guys or get a signatures. He waited in line for two hours before a PR guy from the Braves came and told them it was all over and to go home.

I think I'll pass...
Old 01-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt45
Word from a buddy of mine at the stop in Birmingham today was that its hit or miss to even get to meet any of the guys or get a signatures. He waited in line for two hours before a PR guy from the Braves came and told them it was all over and to go home.

I think I'll pass...
How early did he get there? If you don't get there at least 2 hours early, you have no shot.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #44
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Word is that Chipper is going back to this look for 2011.....

AWESOME!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #45
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31

AWESOME!

AWESOME! I don't think he's worn that look since 2002-2003...or at least since he came back to 3B from LF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #46
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31

AWESOME!

Awesome. Good to go back to the late 90s.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

Last edited by Speedy; 02-02-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Don't know why I said early
Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #47
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I love the short pants style.

@AdamdotH
Old 02-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 10

Yeah, I read from DOB's Twitter, and then later the article he wrote, that Chipper is going for the lowtop spikes and high socks. I'm hoping some of the other guys will hop on-board, too.

Prado stopped pulling his socks of mid-season, I think. I had to go into the player editor and change his pants, but maybe he'll opt for the high socks again this season. Huddy wore the old-fashioned stirups in one of our throwback games. Looked pretty good, actually!

EDIT:

Here's exactly what was said:

♣ Chipper’s going old-school: Jones also revealed Tuesday that he will wear low-top spikes this year, after years of playing in high-tops. He was wearing high-tops both times when he blew out his left knee, in August and back in spring training 1994, when a torn ACL pushed back his rookie season to 1995.

“I’d much rather sprain an ankle than do that [again],” he said. “So I’m going to low-tops, and I’m pulling up the pants. I’m going old-school.”

He plans to roll his pant legs up near the knees and wear them with solid blue socks provided by his longtime equipment company, Mizuno.

And if Jones does need to go back to high-top spikes for any reason, expect the pant legs to come back down.

“I can’t stand guys that pull their pants up and wear high-tops,” he said. “Bad. Just a bad look.”

We do know Chipper can still knock the cover off a ball

Last edited by McCannFann; 02-02-2011 at 09:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »