Home

2011 Texas Rangers

This is a discussion on 2011 Texas Rangers within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #17
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2011 Texas Rangers

and the season begins
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #18
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Good to see a win today. Heres hoping many more come
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 04-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #19
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Already a game ahead of the Angels.

Not to mention we've already gotten two BOOMSTICK!!!'s out of Nelly Cruz. Kinsler showing a little power stroke in that lead-off spot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
...3lb pretzel for $12.50.
Sounds like a regular pretzel at Jerry World.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #20
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

1st place, lets keep it that way.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #21
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I got the half-season tickets, and it's some of the best money I've spent. Got to go to Opening Day and then got to see the Sox sent back to Boston without a win. I will say a few things though

1. Matt Harrison was freaking lights out today. 7ks with quite a few outs without anybody on. He struggled through the seventh, but he made it is game and gets a tip of the cap from me. If he can keep it up; that's yet to be seen.

2. Murphy, Cruz, Kinsler, and Napoli are really bringing the rest of the group back up. I'm not happy that the offense could only produce on home runs today, but these four guys have really stepped up their game. I hope it's back to solid hits for most of the guys though.

3. We didn't fold. There was a point on Opening Day and yesterday that we could have just packed it in, but we didn't. The Red Sox are a tough team, and I think we are just as strong as they are. We're the American League Champions for a reason, and that reason was strong this weekend.

I'm going to the game Tuesday; hopefully to watch them make it five in a row

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

In all seriousness the Texas Rangers need to take a dumptruck.. fill it full of money and drive to Josh Lewin's backyard and proceed to pour it out and get this guy back in the booth. I'm trying to give Radighan the benefit of the doubt... but Goodness this guy is terribly boring..

It's not an issue of being new. not an issue of learning the job... he just has a very monotone nonchalant delivery. Not a good combination for telling a story, and certainly not for broadcasting a 2-3 hour baseball game. To me atleast...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #23
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
In all seriousness the Texas Rangers need to take a dumptruck.. fill it full of money and drive to Josh Lewin's backyard and proceed to pour it out and get this guy back in the booth. I'm trying to give Radighan the benefit of the doubt... but Goodness this guy is terribly boring..

It's not an issue of being new. not an issue of learning the job... he just has a very monotone nonchalant delivery. Not a good combination for telling a story, and certainly not for broadcasting a 2-3 hour baseball game. To me atleast...
I agree, but I think there were two problems when contract time came up with Lewin. It's been noted that Ryan didn't like Lewin's style in the booth with all of the pop culture references, and he also didn't like that he would be gone for the San Diego Charger games during the fall. I think it was a case of Lewin wanting to be there but wanting to have the freedom to do what he wanted, and Ryan wanting a straight baseball guy.

What I don't understand is why they would go after Rhadigan to do the PBP when he admits that his only former experience was doing high school basketball games twenty years ago. There were rumors that Mike Capps of Round Rock or even Scott Franzkie would be interested, but they got Rhadigan instead.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #24
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio

Agreed 100%. I was telling this to someone earlier. Radighan is horrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »