Home

The 100th Season- 2012 Boston Red Sox

This is a discussion on The 100th Season- 2012 Boston Red Sox within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The 100th Season- 2012 Boston Red Sox

Fenway Park public address announcer Carl Beane was killed in a car crash today. He was only 59 years old.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...n-car-accident

R.I.P Carl Beane

Will be strange not hearing his voice during home games.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

So we're at the All-Star break. Any opinions out there on what the Sox should do?

Personally this team is just hard to watch. There's not one player out there who I want to watch every at bat. The only players I like watching play are Middlebrooks, Pedroia, and Salty.

There are so many over-paid cry babies on this team who are underperforming it's unbearable at times. Ortiz is having a fantastic season but every week he brings up his contract issues. I mean he's on the wrong side of 35, he's a DH, and he wants a multi-year deal? He needs to realize that he missed out on his multi-year deal when he signed an extension when he was 30. That was his chance and he blew it. I don't want to hear about it anymore. He's making millions of dollars to play a game.

Overall another frustrating season for the Sox.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch
So we're at the All-Star break. Any opinions out there on what the Sox should do?

Personally this team is just hard to watch. There's not one player out there who I want to watch every at bat. The only players I like watching play are Middlebrooks, Pedroia, and Salty.

There are so many over-paid cry babies on this team who are underperforming it's unbearable at times. Ortiz is having a fantastic season but every week he brings up his contract issues. I mean he's on the wrong side of 35, he's a DH, and he wants a multi-year deal? He needs to realize that he missed out on his multi-year deal when he signed an extension when he was 30. That was his chance and he blew it. I don't want to hear about it anymore. He's making millions of dollars to play a game.

Overall another frustrating season for the Sox.
I think this has turned into a transitional year. I know a lot of talk goes on about the players' attitudes and whatnot, but the overall issue with this team is just pitching and health. Most of the team isn't under performing, they are just simply not getting on the field or, when they are, they are playing hurt. When you are signing minor league level guys mid-season to start, it's time to temper expectations.

Youk (when he was here), The OF (easier to just say the entire group than list all the names...lol), Matsuzaka, Lackey, Beckett, Buchholz, Bard, most of the guys they've rotated in the 5 spot, and the list goes on. Not to mention all the bullpen guys they've rotated/lost, etc. If the term "snake bitten" ever applied...

Despite all that AND some guys like Pedroia, Gonzalez and Lester struggling (I'm not going to bang on them for having down years, when they are normally very good), etc, the Sox are on the fringe of the playoff race. If anything, I think since early on when all the griping was going on with Valentine and Youk (and Pedroia), the team has settled in to grind it out pretty well, all things considered. It's just one of those years.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #20
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Well were 55-58 with a little less then two months left. Honestly I would be shocked if we make the playoffs at this point.

One thing that I would like to see happen is Iglesias coming up to play shortstop for the rest of the season. He's got about 650 at bats in AAA. Aviles isn't hitting and isn't part of the future so why not give him sometime in the big show.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Sad news

From Steve Buckley's (@BuckinBoston) Twitter.

Quote:
So sad to report that Johnny Pesky died about one hour ago. I loved that man. #RedSox
R.I.P. Mr. Pesky
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #22
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Sad news

From Steve Buckley's (@BuckinBoston) Twitter.

R.I.P. Mr. Pesky
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...the-last-straw

Only 4 players on the sox team cared enough to make it to his funeral. Honestly what does that say about this team? Larry Lucchino whose the captain of this sinking ship (this guy in reality runs the Red Sox and is a turd) already has excuses out for why they couldn't make it. Nomar flew from California to make it so whatever pal. Not only are they sucking on the field this current team lacks character.

Sox need to clean house with much of this roster and Lucchino, I hope we waiver Adrian and Beckett asap that will be a start. John Lackey is another turd whose busy double fisting in the clubhouse forget about him not pitching the whole season. Bobby V will be fired after the season, half the players don't like him and have cried to ownership about it. Well sox will be under .500 to end season I'm over it.

Last edited by Bdubb; 08-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

Position by position as of Aug. 23, 2012.

C- Salty - Lots of HRs, lots of K's
1B- Gonzo - Finally over .300, hot of late. $5k to Jimmy Fund for each HR he hits.
2B- Pedroia - Ditto^ getting hot as well.
3B - Youk - Well, it was nice knowing Youk, will always remember him, maybe he'll come back some day?
SS - Aviles/Punto/Iglesias - Aviles, decent pop and given us decent defense at short. Punto...well, he did have some defensive gems in that Fox game against Yankees a few days ago.
LF - Carl Crawford - Shown what he truly could be in his short season, get well soon.
CF - Jacoby Ellsbury - Needs to heat up.
RF - Cody Ross/Ryan Sweeney - Ross has been sensational this year. Sweeney was hitting pretty well til his concussion, that door punching was ill advised though, nevertheless, hope he gets well.
DH - Ortiz - Having helluva season, but his return, is it too late?

SP -

Lester - Looks to regain his confidence.
Buchholz - Been 'ace' of the staff since ASB.
Beckett - Well.............................................. ......Yeah, let's move on.
Bard - Needs to screw his head back on.
Padilla/Cook/Silva/Miller/Everyone else -
-Padilla - been solid as 8th inning guy, kudos for him to be amongst the 4 that attended Mr. Pesky's funeral.
-Cook - Given us both positive and negative things.
-Silva - Well, he didn't make the team.
-Miller - solid as reliever.

RP -
Atchison - (had to mention him) anchored our 'pen, doesn't get enough credit, he's always under the radar, still rehabbing from injury.
Melancon - Can he transition to the AL? As of now, no.
Ace - Can he keep the momentum from last year? Filling in as we expected.
Jenks - Is HE healthy? At all? Unfortunately he was cut.
Bailey - Made his debut recently, he might close a game here and there, expect him to be pretty good in '13.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubb
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...the-last-straw

Only 4 players on the sox team cared enough to make it to his funeral. Honestly what does that say about this team? Larry Lucchino whose the captain of this sinking ship (this guy in reality runs the Red Sox and is a turd) already has excuses out for why they couldn't make it. Nomar flew from California to make it so whatever pal. Not only are they sucking on the field this current team lacks character.

Sox need to clean house with much of this roster and Lucchino, I hope we waiver Adrian and Beckett asap that will be a start. John Lackey is another turd whose busy double fisting in the clubhouse forget about him not pitching the whole season. Bobby V will be fired after the season, half the players don't like him and have cried to ownership about it. Well sox will be under .500 to end season I'm over it.
Heard this on the radio yesterday. Just when I thought my hatred for this team couldn't get any deeper, they go and pull a stunt like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »