Home

The 100th Season- 2012 Boston Red Sox

This is a discussion on The 100th Season- 2012 Boston Red Sox within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The 100th Season- 2012 Boston Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Heard this on the radio yesterday. Just when I thought my hatred for this team couldn't get any deeper, they go and pull a stunt like this.
Yeah, I'm not going to lump everyone who didn't make it into a pot, but I have a hard time believing that they all had good reason to not be there. Kudos to Ortiz, Salty, Buchholz, and Padilla (really-this guy showed up but other, longstanding Sox didn't?) for being there.

It was already looking that way, but it's becoming more and more apparent how much Theo and/or Francona was keeping things together behind the scenes there until the end of last year. What a circus.

In other news:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...ockbuster.html

I was shocked and somewhat bothered (at first) to see Gonzalez in the mix to be shipped off, since his production has generally been there (after a rough start this year he's been great) but there was some stuff (apparently) with him and Francona last year and now him and Valentine, so maybe he's part of the problem. Or maybe he's just the sacrifice needed to make it all work. I dunno.

I'm still torn on this. On the one hand, they get rid of a TON of salary and some attitude, but they create more long-term needs for themselves as well. I probably shouldn't care since this has been one of the more embarrassing times to be a Sox fan in a long time.

If this does go through, I hope Bobby V is still out too. As I've said before, this season isn't on him, but he's a douche who has only made things worse. Further, there's enough drama to keep players from wanting to play in Boston without the manager instigating, lying, and making clubhouse business public to boot. I'm kind of in "F 'em all" mode at the moment and really don't care much who stays or goes.

EDIT: Well, with the deal done, I can't believe how good of a deal the trade turned out to be for Boston, considering. Shame to see Gonzalez go and a shame that Crawford never panned out, but I'm glad the Sox were able to get out from under the financial mess they were in while also hopefully letting the players know what's up (and still pulling in some decent players in return).

Rough year...

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 08-25-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »