Home

2013 Atlanta Braves Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #41
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Braves keep Teheran, Simmons, Bethancourt and Graham ... wow.

Still a surplus of pitching, 3B is arguably the risk but look at that lineup!!

Anyone else feeling career years out of both Uptons? I do ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #42
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever

I am trying to think of a comparable OF that the Braves have had, but I can't. This is certainly the best offensive outfield we've had since Chipper, Andruw, and Sheff were out there and far and away the best defensive outfield we've had. Should be a lot of fun to watch.
Definitely better than the 2010 OF of non-juiced Melky, McLouth, and rookie Heyward. It's come a long way.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #43
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Two things:

1) I really like how YOUNG this makes our team, but extremely talented. We have set ourselves up to compete for a long time.

2) On MLBN they called the Brave's fanbase 'fickle'...I just don't get it at all. Every fan base has their 'fickle' fans, but the hardcore Braves fan base is as good as any I know.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
2) On MLBN they called the Brave's fanbase 'fickle'...I just don't get it at all. Every fan base has their 'fickle' fans, but the hardcore Braves fan base is as good as any I know.
It is very true with fans in Atlanta. Then add that they lost access to a lot of their fans when TBS stopped showing games. A lot of fans only go to 1-2 games a year, but it isn't because of the lack of tickets.

Its really all Atlanta teams, not just the Braves. Too many northern people in the city.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #45
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Now that Delgado is gone, I guess it's pretty certain Teheran will be in the starting rotation to start 2013 with Beachy out until around the All-Star Break?

Hudson
Medlen
Minor
Maholm
Teheran

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 01-24-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #46
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

The more this sets in the more excited I get. Yes, I'll miss Prado, but this is the deepest, best, most exciting team I think we've had since 1996-1998. Can't wait to get started.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #47
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I really like Andrelton in the leadoff spot. I think he can do a lot of damage there. .335 OBP as a rookie, and he kept getting better - it was .383 in September. I like this trade it does seemingly open up a hole at 3B, but I'm okay with it. I didn't think Prado was going to be with the team much longer anyway. Braves front office staff obviously knows something the rest of us don't, because they've been extremely open to trading Prado for a while now.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #48
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I really like Andrelton in the leadoff spot. I think he can do a lot of damage there. .335 OBP as a rookie, and he kept getting better - it was .383 in September. I like this trade it does seemingly open up a hole at 3B, but I'm okay with it. I didn't think Prado was going to be with the team much longer anyway. Braves front office staff obviously knows something the rest of us don't, because they've been extremely open to trading Prado for a while now.
I am fine giving Francisco a shot there. He doesn't walk, but in the minors he always showed power, he showed it last year, and he flat out destroyed the winter league this year (I think he led in OPS and HR's).

The more I read the more I realize they had to trade Prado...he wanted $13M/year to sign an extension and no way Atlanta can pay that. I have always been bummed when the Braves let a player walk/trade due to high demands, but historically they have always been right (Furcal, Drew, Maddux, Sheffield, McGriff, Andruw, Glavine). None of those players turned out to be worth what they were asking for...

Again, can't believe how excited I am...I am always excited for Braves baseball, but for the first time since the 1990's I feel like this team is a complete team and they are young to boot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »