Home

2013 Atlanta Braves Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #57
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0
MVPrado was my favorite Brave, and I was bummed that he was gone. However the more that I looked at the trade today, I liked it more and more.

Delgado wasn't a key part of our future, Spruill is a fringe player who most likely wont have a huge impact on a Major League club, Drury has a LONG way to go, and Ahmed was at a position of strength in our system.

Teheran, Gilmartin, Graham, Sims, Wood, Martin, Moore are top pitchers in system and we kept them all.

Peraza, Pastornicky, Simmons, Pena are ahead of Ahmed in the organizational depth chart.

The only thing that we lost was Prado, but he was most likely gone after the season.

Overall, Frank Wren did it again folks. Go Braves!
Atlanta Hawks
Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #58
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
This is a year away, but if this offense really produces like it can, there's a lot less pressure to resign McCann. And if Bethancourt is as good as advertised, this defense could be legendary. Simmons is already touted as a top glove with a high 90's fastball, apparently Christian has an arm at 80 too on the scout scale. All your key positions can flash and fire ...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #59
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Thought I'd give the new team a run in The Show this morning against the D'Backs. I won 8-7 on a 2-RBI double by Justin Upton in the 9th. The Upton brothers went a combined 5 for 9 with 3 RBI, Justin had 2 doubles and BJ had a stolen base. The team had a lot of offense which was good considering I fell down 4-0 early. J-Hey homered, so did BMAc.

Prado went 1 for 5.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 01-25-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #60
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Watching MLB Network's top 10 Right Fielders was interesting, especially since they were considering Upton as a RF'er. The "Shredder" had Justin Upton at #5 and Heyward at #3. John Hart went with Upton at #3 over Heyward. Bill James didn't have Upton in his 10, but Heyward was his #1 RF in baseball. Eric Byrnes had Upton #3, Heyward #6.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #61
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Watching MLB Network's top 10 Right Fielders was interesting, especially since they were considering Upton as a RF'er. The "Shredder" had Justin Upton at #5 and Heyward at #3. John Hart went with Upton at #3 over Heyward. Bill James didn't have Upton in his 10, but Heyward was his #1 RF in baseball. Eric Byrnes had Upton #3, Heyward #6.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
I really miss having MLB Network. I have it at home, but in my dorm we only have basic cable. I would watch that channel all day every day.
Atlanta Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #62
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2013 Atlanta Braves Thread

What do you guys think about ESPN's article about the best OFs? They had...
1) Angels
2) Braves
3) Rangers
4) Nats
5) A's

Hard to argue when the Angels have Trout, Hamilton, Borjous, and even trumbo....
Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 16

So many strikeouts in this lineup. Wow.

Is there an MLB version of NFL Game Rewind, with condensed versions of games? If there is, I may start following the Braves again just to check out this outfield. Lost interest in baseball a few years ago, but if I'm able to get through a game in a fraction of the time via something like that it may renew my interest somewhat.

Last edited by bichettehappens; 01-27-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #64
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
What do you guys think about ESPN's article about the best OFs? They had...
1) Angels
2) Braves
3) Rangers
4) Nats
5) A's

Hard to argue when the Angels have Trout, Hamilton, Borjous, and even trumbo....
I agree with #1 and #2. But how are the Rangers #3? Cruz (.260/.319/.460), Martin (.174/.235/.370), and Murphy (.304/.380/.479) is the 3rd best OF in baseball? And where are the Dodgers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »