Home

2018 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2018 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #41
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2018 Atlanta Braves

Haven’t posted here yet but excited for the braves and hoping they keep on being competitive this year. Will be going the my first game the 20th
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 11:03 AM   #42
All Star

OVR: 8

Julio's home/road splits since last year are just weird. Suntrust Park definitely plays up to hitters, but he's just an entirely different pitcher on the road. Watching him last night, he was painting a lot of corners and just seemed to have good command overall. Compare that to his first 2 starts at home where he couldn't find a corner for anything and hung at least twice as many pitches out over the plate.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #43
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Julio's home/road splits since last year are just weird. Suntrust Park definitely plays up to hitters, but he's just an entirely different pitcher on the road. Watching him last night, he was painting a lot of corners and just seemed to have good command overall. Compare that to his first 2 starts at home where he couldn't find a corner for anything and hung at least twice as many pitches out over the plate.
Julio has always been a fly ball pitcher and Suntrust Park is homer friendly to lefties. Combine those two things and I think he's had poor results at home. At this point, I believe it's in his head to the point that it really has effected his mechanics at home. He was a completely different pitcher last night...you almost wonder if the Braves have thought about juggling the rotation to maximize his road starts.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #44
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

BTW - 3 games into AAA and Acuna doesn't have a hit...too early to call him a bust?
Spoiler
Old 04-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #45
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Julio has always been a fly ball pitcher and Suntrust Park is homer friendly to lefties. Combine those two things and I think he's had poor results at home. At this point, I believe it's in his head to the point that it really has effected his mechanics at home. He was a completely different pitcher last night...you almost wonder if the Braves have thought about juggling the rotation to maximize his road starts.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Last night, and other road starts last year, he just has a different command of his pitches on the road. It definitely goes beyond Suntrust just being a hitter friendly park because while the home runs are up so is everything else. Even his velocity was down his last start at Suntrust.

It would be interesting to see them try switching up his turn in the rotation, or maybe they should try a sports psychologist. Something needs to be done though. He's a quality MLB pitcher on the road, he's beyond awful at home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #46
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Man hate to see what is going on with Teheran. Every pitcher ain't Kershaw. But this guy has took ball for us every fifth day in his Major League career. He is going through it at Suntrust for whatever the reason maybe. He had an excellent spring training, but that was away from Suntrust park. My question is how are the pitching coaches doing. I know the organization thinks highly of Marty Reed from his minor league coaching days, but Mr. Hernandez I am not sure of. But like the old saying you don't know these guys unless the pitcher's are pitching light's out.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #47
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Luke Jackson DFAd today to open a 40 man spot....for Mr. Acuna of course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 04-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #48
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Luke Jackson DFAd today to open a 40 man spot....for Mr. Acuna of course.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Looks like the spot went to Lucas Sims.

Gohara has started his rehab assignment, and is on track for a return some time in May.

AA did an interview a few weeks ago and was asked both about Acuna and prospects in general, and he said that his preference is to call guys up on the road. That plus his slow start make it unlikely we see him on this home stand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »