Home

Classic Rosters!!!

This is a discussion on Classic Rosters!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What year or years would you like to see creates
1961 13 13.27%
1968 9 9.18%
1951 13 13.27%
1978 15 15.31%
1984 16 16.33%
1998 32 32.65%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #65
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Classic Rosters!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan980
I'd be willing to assist with #1 (general info). In fact, I think much of that can be compiled pretty quickly from baseball-reference.com

I'd also be willing to help with the lineups, rotations, stuff like that.
I use these three sites and find it the easiest to work an entire player from start to finish.

First... www.baseballalmanac.com this site is great because it shows you the entire roster on a whole...and has the player numbers in the left column(baseball reference does not)...

Second.... www.baseballreference.com ....this one has any stat you want. To create a player from any era...without knowing one single thing about him beforehand is "simple" with this site. ....it gives you the obvious...stats for avg/hr/rbi etc...and then for fielding it shows you errors and range factor. It's stat overload...but once you know how they translate into the game...viola!

Lastly....I use many sites for pics...but my standby....because it's easy to tell which year it is from(since it is a baseball card)...is www.checkoutmycards.com

Check out these sites if you don't already know them. .....if nothing else...for a baseball fan they are quite interesting.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #66
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

To add to Knight's post, I used good ol' Ebay for the majority of my pics last year. I just went into the baseball card section, typed in a guy's name and from there you can sort by particular years. It's very handy, really. I used checkoutmycards as well (thanks to being turned on to it by Knight), but mostly used Ebay.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #67
MVP

Baseballking888's Arena

OVR: 6

I could do the equipment/acessories and I could help out with some stances.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
At this point we have a pretty fair amount of people willing to tackle this. Now that Rwings has gotten all our names down, how about each person posting what they are good at or want to do. I'll see if I can break down the categories.

General Info (Name, Audio Name - 1st & last, age, ht, wt, Bat, Throw, etc)
Face/Appearance
Equipment/Accessories (Color bat, glove, batting gloves, glasses, etc)
Batting Stance or Pitching Delivery
Ratings (Offense & Defense, and pitchers' repetoire, etc)
Someone to compile everything at the end (Would include pulling each player off the vault, assigning to correct team, setting lineups & rotations)

Am I missing something, or anyone see it divided up differently? If not, once everyone posts what they want to do and we get that ironed out, Rwings can edit the first post of the thread with everyone's name and tasks.

As far as the ratings questions go. I'm with Knight and Rwings (and others) that one person should probably be in charge of the ratings for a particular roster set. It's the only way to keep the set uniform. Let's not forget that fact that Knight has done these for YEARS and can pump out ratings like nobody's business. It's cool if we have more people than one to do ratings, though, as one can be in charge of rating one set and one be in charge of another.

I can do the stances and either the equipment, accessories and such, and if need be I would be more than willing to help with the lineups and rotations.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #69
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Well I can see what everyone DOES NOT like to do! Faces!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #70
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
I'm fine with faces.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #71
MVP

I may be in the minority here, but i'm not terribly concerned with faces/helmets/uniforms, etc. Sure, they're great, but I'm more concerned with how the players play in the field. Maybe it's just my text-sim background, but who knows.

I'm just concerned with the amount of time it's going to take to put together a season. It might be July by the time we finish. Another idea would be to create the playoff teams for a certain set of years. That way, we could do things in more depth, but still enjoy the teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
yeah, I tried my hand at faces and , but like I said I would try it again if I had to, but just don't shoot the messenger so to speak....LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »