Home

Classic Rosters!!!

This is a discussion on Classic Rosters!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What year or years would you like to see creates
1961 13 13.27%
1968 9 9.18%
1951 13 13.27%
1978 15 15.31%
1984 16 16.33%
1998 32 32.65%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Classic Rosters!!!

I know many of us on here by now have read the numerous threads about the new features this wonderful game will offer us this year. I also know many of us have read Knights feature about the new player vault that will be in this years game and the potential this has. A few of us guys on the board already have talked about assembling a team that will concentrate on the classic rosters.

I know many of us have specific years in mind that we would like to create, and being such a fan of the game, I love to recreate seasons of the past. My goal for this thread is to all come together to have a starting point of a specific year we can all decide on and put together.

Now with that said I understand that for a specific year, some of us maybe saying, well that year my team really stunk. Well the big goal is to start a year and then build on continuously after that. Now I am also for, creating a best of series as well, so I don't want those to think its just for that. So there are two things I want to hear from everybody:

#1. Who is intersted in joining the team, and if you are, what do you think you would like to do? Example: (faces, attributes, stances, pitching styles, equipment, etc...)

#2. What year would you like to see created? And if you are a best of guy, what teams would you like to see created for this type of series?

I will be the first one that has a request for a specific year, I would love to start at 1984, and would love to even have build of a roster that is a best of that includes my 1968 Tigers. I would love to be the guy that helps put the pitching staffs, and lineuips together, and can even help with any of the attributes, and personalized things. I just really stink at the faces part...lol...never was a very good artist.

I will try my best, and I may need a volunteer to help, get everyone on the team written down, and then when the game comes out, we can get started and the sooner we can all enjoy the game. With this team finally assembled...maybe we can jump on board with Knight to start bugging the developers to give us a couple more classic stadiums, uniforms, and such every year...LOL...I am looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts.

****Edit****

As of Right now, I am posting a list of people who have said they would be willing to do this, I know some of you are maybe's and thats fine, and like I said, any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. This list can change if someone else wants to be added to it. I will also be posting two polls, one for a season, and the other for a paticular era for baseball, or a best of:

Rwings832 Stances, Pitching deliveries, ratings, lineups/rotations
Joey Faces
PuppiesofAcid Ratings
Knight Faces, Ratings
MysterioMan007 Faces
Emath Ratings, Equipment, Accessories, Fill in
Baseballking888 accessories/equipment
Capa Lineups/rotations, fill in
pjsnell10 Faces and equipment
Philliesfan980 Names/Ages/General Info, Lineups and Rotations
gtm Names/Ages/batting L or R
ryan4889 Everything except faces

***Edit*** January 23, 2011

gtm General Information/Age/Height/Weight
Philliesfan980 General Information/Age/Height/Weight
Joey General Information/Age/Height/Weight
Joey Faces
Knight165 Faces
pjsnell10 Faces
MysterioMan007 Faces
Emath Equipment/Accessories
Baseballking888 Equipment/Accessories
pjsnell10 Equipment/Accessories
PuppiesofAcid Ratings
Kritter77 Ratings
ryan4889 Ratings
Knight165 Ratings
Rwings832 Stances/Deliveries
MysterioMann007 Stances/Deliveries
Baseballking888 Stances/Deliveries
Capa Lineups/Rotations
Philliesfan980 Lineups/Rotations
ryan4889 Lineups/Rotations

I have divided out the jobs the best that I saw fit. As you can see I have posted double duty for some of the guys, but I figure that if others want to always help and chip in they can, b/c I figure it can always can go just that much faster that way. Also, if there is a volunteer out there to finally piece all the teams together iinto one roster set let me know. If none, then I would be more than happy to do that. As it stands now, it is looking like we will do the best of first which is fine with me....I figure now we can all kind of talk about some of the teams we want in there. I think we all agreed upon that we would do the era of 49'-79'...and then I am going to take the top two for the years that we can do next....although I am going to the leave the paticular season polls open a while longer. Again, any suggestions is always welcome as well as opinions.

***Edit*** 1/31/2010

Group A

gtm General Information/Age/Height/Weight
Knight165 Faces
Rwings832 Equipment/Accessories
Knight165 Ratings
Rwings832 Stances/Deliveries
Capa Lineups/Rotations

Teams

1954 Cleveland Indians
1982 Seattle Mariners (as suggested since 79 was a 100 loss season)
1961 New York Yankees
1970 Baltimore Orioles
1975 Cincinnati Reds
1969 New York Mets
1957 Milwaukee Braves
1968 Detroit Tigers

Group B

philliesfan980 General Info/Height/Age/Weight
pjsnell10 Faces
pjsnell10 Equipment/Accessories
pofA Ratings
pofa Stances Deliveries
philliesfan980 Lineup/Rotations

Teams

1963 Los Angeles Dodgers
1962 San Francisco Giants
1998 Arizona Diamondbacks
1967 Boston Red Sox
1969 Chicago Cubs
1959 Chicago WS
1993 Colorado Rockies

Group C

Joey General Information/Age/Height/Weight
Joey Faces
Baseballking888 Equipment/Accessories
Kritter77 Ratings
Baseballking888 Stances/Deliveries
Capa Lineups/Rotations

Teams

1993 Florida Marlins
1979 Houston Astros
1977 KC Royals
1979 California Angels
1979 Milwaukee Brewers
1965 Minn Twins
1973 Oakland A's
1977 Phil Phillies

Group D

Harvey88 General Information/Age/Height/Weight
Mysterioman007 Faces
Mysterioman007 Stances/Deliveries
ryan4889 Ratings
ryan4889 Lineups/Rotations
Rwings832 Equipment/Accessories

Teams

1960 Pits Pirates
1978 San Diego Padres
1967 St Louis Cardinals
1998 Tampa Rays
1979 Texas Rangers
1977 Toronto Blue Jays
1979 Montreal Expos (for Nationals)

Last edited by Rwings832; 02-01-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Classic Rosters!!!

After the OSFM's are completed...I'm in.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

As we talked about in the other thread, I'm on board with this. As far as what year, I'm open to suggestions at this point. Of course I really like the '86 season, but having created that season last year I'm good with starting somewhere else. I also thoroughly enjoyed Knight's set he did in '09 with each franchise's top team (ie. '86 Mets, '84 Tigers, '75 Reds, etc).

As far as what I'd like to do or can do, I can do faces, equipment, and/or stances. Doing so many faces really bogged me down last year, so I don't know about doing all of them - but if 2 or 3 could do them it would really help. One of the big parts of doing the faces is finding a suitable pic of them to use, so even if someone doesn't feel comfortable with editing faces they could still really help out by doing some of the research.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Knight, you have any suggestions for particular years or a certain type of roster set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
After the OSFM's are completed...I'm in.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

No problem, I am open to any year as well, I just want something us roster makers can agree on, that way we don't possibly have someone that says, well my team stunk that year, so I don't feel like helping out...that is where I was going with it I guess....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
Rookie

MysterioMan007's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm in to do whatever is needed. My weakness is probably stances and deliveries as I didn't delve into them much at all for the all-timers, but depending on the set, I have a good amount of games on DVD or tape that I can fall back on if I need to...

I'm good for whatever year is selected, as I don't really have a preference. 1986 was probably my favorite baseball year of all-time, but I can already play that with Joey's awesome set for '10.

I'm more of a "best of" guy as well, though, and had planned on doing a best of 1975-present ('75 Reds, '79 Pirates, '86 Mets, '01 Mariners, '98 Yankees, etc.) for each franchise before this roster vault news came out. But, like I said, I'm easy and up for whatever is needed or selected. If I still want to do that, I can just put it together like a puzzle now...so it's all good if a different direction is chosen.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterioMan007
I'm in to do whatever is needed. My weakness is probably stances and deliveries as I didn't delve into them much at all for the all-timers, but depending on the set, I have a good amount of games on DVD or tape that I can fall back on if I need to...

I'm good for whatever year is selected, as I don't really have a preference. 1986 was probably my favorite baseball year of all-time, but I can already play that with Joey's awesome set for '10.

I'm more of a "best of" guy as well, though, and had planned on doing a best of 1975-present ('75 Reds, '79 Pirates, '86 Mets, '01 Mariners, '98 Yankees, etc.) for each franchise before this roster vault news came out. But, like I said, I'm easy and up for whatever is needed or selected. If I still want to do that, I can just put it together like a puzzle now...so it's all good if a different direction is chosen.
"Best of" Sounds like an awesome idea. The only tough part might be agreeing on what year for each team to create. For the Jays it would be easy either 92 or 93. It would be cool to see how the best of each franchise would fare against each other in their best years. I would love to see this.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:41 AM   #8
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd love to get involved, but I have an issue with motivation... In other words, I tend to lose it to easily, and wouldn't want to leave the rest of you hanging.

I am more of an all time kinda guy, but I guess best best of sounds pretty good as well. I am not a fan of recreating classic seasons, but if I am not involved, I don't feel I should have much of a say.

If you do a best of, for the Cubs, I'd like to throw out the 1929 team as my pick. I am not a fan of the deadball era Cubs, or the more recent teams ('84, '89, '98). Maybe the 97 win 2008 team would be another good choice, as the '29 team didn't have much pitching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »