Home

Operation Sports Full Minors 2012

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Full Minors 2012 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #57
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Operation Sports Full Minors 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
I just wanted to throw in my plan for the San Diego Padres and Arizona Diamondbacks.

I think the best course of action for me would be knock out my four areas of responsibility and put together their 90-man roster (I might end up with 3 or 4 "back-up" players should certain NRI's get cut and decide to leave the organization from now until Spring Training). After I'm done with ratings, information, stances/pitching motions, and equipment, I'll hand it off to TheGreatNorthern47 to do/edit/correct the faces of the players.

After that is all done, the last step is to export all the created players from the roster and import them to the master roster. I will keep track of the OSFM rosters for the two teams on a Google document page where Knight can refer to to make some organizational movement/lineup/changes when the two teams are in his hands for the official roster.
Sounds like a plan.
I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flute_316
I know this is a pre-mature question but, are you still shooting for a April 1st release date pending any issues?
It will be close...depends on which roster we want to import onto. I don't think we can export Darvish ...and if his SCEA version is legit....we want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
Dear Knight,

I am wondering what your feeling is regarding making Drew Smyly an A. He would only be Detroit's second A (the other being Nick Castellanos -- Jacob Turner should be in the SCEA roster). Please let me have your thoughts on this. Thanks

Karle
He's borderline...but yes....I think he can be.
He's had great outings so far....and although I originally had him pegged at a #3 or #2 starter....he's showed that he can chew through the opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Thanks Karle, who i guess is really asking on my behalf.

Heres the link to the reasons i think why he maybe deserves an A potential Knight...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043414857
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Jays update:

I have the 90 man roster pretty much set in my topic on here. I'm going to start with some basic attribute stuff in the Google Doc and when MLB Bob gets his prospect handbook we can do some ratings work.

As for timelines, if I get the game in the next couple days and if I don't need to work this weekend (which combined is pretty unlikely unfortunately), then I'll even start doing some work faces/stances and export stuff out to either you or Bob on Sunday. If that doesn't happen at least attributes should be virtually completed by the end of the weekend for easy input next week.
Beauty.
Thank you.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #58
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Uncle Knight, are you planning on making any roster changes? And should I list them for the brewers when I PM you with the name of the roster file and what not? Like Jay Gibbons was signed to a minor league deal and he's in free agency, so he would take up a spot of a minor leaguer.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #59
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Uncle Knight, are you planning on making any roster changes? And should I list them for the brewers when I PM you with the name of the roster file and what not? Like Jay Gibbons was signed to a minor league deal and he's in free agency, so he would take up a spot of a minor leaguer.
Ridin' is always on top of those.
He will make all the FA moves.

Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #60
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quick pitcher development question...do K/9 BB/9 HR/9 etc not progress? Its what it says in the spreadsheet but I never knew that (and wish I did last year if that was the case haha)
Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #61
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Ridin' is always on top of those.
He will make all the FA moves.

Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
But as for exporting them. I'll make all of the transactions on my roster, so I have the exact number of the prospects that will fit, that way all you'll have to export is the prospects, then the left over generic minor leaguers on the master roster will just be swapped out for FAs like Gibbons and what not.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #62
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
But as for exporting them. I'll make all of the transactions on my roster, so I have the exact number of the prospects that will fit, that way all you'll have to export is the prospects, then the left over generic minor leaguers on the master roster will just be swapped out for FAs like Gibbons and what not.
That's fine...yes...
You could make as many as you want...and just tell us which players you want us to import(I keep each team saved on my PC just in case)....so you can make changes later if you like(or someone gets moved)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #63
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
That's fine...yes...
You could make as many as you want...and just tell us which players you want us to import(I keep each team saved on my PC just in case)....so you can make changes later if you like(or someone gets moved)

M.K.
Knight165
Alright, I might do that. Fill in as many prospects as possible, and then when you swap say Gibbons (not sure why but I really like using him as an example) you would swap him for a minor leaguer, and say if Gibbons gets cut, I could bring that minor leaguer back from free agency, perhaps.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #64
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Thanks for the sticky....

We might have a bit of good news.
We might not need to match up ages of the generated players to match the age of the prospect we are creating. From an early test yesterday....I was able to change a 25 y.o. player who would normally only have 1 or 2 years of remaining under team control....to an 18 y.o. and I simmed three years(which would have had him be under arbitration normally instead of a 1 year re-sign for at least 80% of his contract) and he remained as a contract renewable player.
This will make it a lot easier than having to export an A/B player of each age to match up!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »