Home

Turn Back The Clock: 1994 Season Replay-The Season That Never Was

This is a discussion on Turn Back The Clock: 1994 Season Replay-The Season That Never Was within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Turn Back The Clock: 1994 Season Replay-The Season That Never Was

I suggest adding the 1994 Pacific League Champions Yomiuri Giants and the Central League Champion Seibu Lions in place of the Tampa Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks. I know it's unusual to have those teams but the 94 Japan Series was broadcast in America. It was also the first time Americans really got to see Hideki Matsui. The Japan Series even made the cover of SI.

The Giants can replace the Rays because the Pacific League uses the DH while the Central League uses the NL rules so Seibu can replace the Dbacks.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #18
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

OVR: 6

I am very aware of the topic of this thread, but, it would be great to have the 2004 rosters in the vault. Although, I'm not a Red Sox fan, I am a Yankees fan, and would love to play a season where the Yankees win it all and prevent the 3-0 come back! It was a very exciting season between the Yankees and Red Sox all year long and would love to play it! Only if you want to, or have time to do so! It's just a suggestion and I want to see what you think of the idea and possibly add on to it! SO EXCITED FOR THE 1994 ROSTERS!!! Love Griffey, one of my favorite player that never was a Yankee!!

Thanks,

FrankIsTheTank
Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #19
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Moose

O's D

Otis!

Big Mo'

Roger

Brady

Raffy

Ironman

Baines

John Valentin

The Hawk

Devs
Old 06-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #20
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

The Viz

K-Mac

Grissom

Juan Bell

Walker

Sean Berry

Sabes!

Cordero at the plate

Segui

Kent

Cangelosi

Joe Orsulak
Old 06-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #21
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Looking awesome, can't wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi Knight. I'm relatively new to the community but I've been a long time admirer of your work. I've been working on a roster encompassing the years I've been following baseball 1986-2012. I have over 800 players, most of which I've collected. Being a huge White Sox fan, however, I created most of those players myself. Many of the Sox players on my roster are from 1994 as that was a great year for them. I'm not sure if my players are up to your standards but I wanted to offer them for you to use if you wanted. (Jethrotull used most of my players from my 1990 Sox roster for his 1990 season roster). It might save you some time. Certainly you'll have to tweak the ratings but the accessories, stances, and pitching motions I am pretty happy with. My faces are only OK but some are better than others and I did use the Neyer-James book for the correct pitches. Below is a list the players that I made that were on the 1994 White Sox team: (if they are not on the Sox in my roster I noted where to find them)

Tim Raines (WASH), Lance Johnson, Dan Pasqua, Ozzie Guillen, Craig Grebeck, Frank Thomas, Ron Karkovice, Mike Lavaliere (PIT), Jack McDowell, Alex Fernandez, Jason Bere, Kirk McCaskill (LAA), Donn Pall, Scott Radinsky

These are players that I downloaded but tweaked with the White Sox in mind (stances,gear, etc)

Robin Ventura, Joe Cora, Julio Franco (TEX), Roberto Hernandez, Norberto Martin, Warren Newson, Dennis Cook (NYM), Paul Assenmacher (CHC),

Other players that I created that you could used for the 1994 season:
Harold Baines, Jose Valintin (MIL)

I will be uploading my most up to date roster to the vault in just a bit. I'm calling it "All-Time 1986-2012". I don't know if this will help you but, if nothing else, it may save you some time. Thanks for reading and if you have time I would really love some feedback on my players. Thanks for your hard work and good luck with the roster. I'm looking forward to proving that 1994 would have been the White Sox year.

Last edited by Timelord1414; 06-18-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Had a couple 93' guys on my list by mistake
Old 06-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #23
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord1414
Hi Knight. I'm relatively new to the community but I've been a long time admirer of your work. I've been working on a roster encompassing the years I've been following baseball 1986-2012. I have over 800 players, most of which I've collected. Being a huge White Sox fan, however, I created most of those players myself. Many of the Sox players on my roster are from 1994 as that was a great year for them. I'm not sure if my players are up to your standards but I wanted to offer them for you to use if you wanted. (Jethrotull used most of my players from my 1990 Sox roster for his 1990 season roster). It might save you some time. Certainly you'll have to tweak the ratings but the accessories, stances, and pitching motions I am pretty happy with. My faces are only OK but some are better than others and I did use the Neyer-James book for the correct pitches. Below is a list the players that I made that were on the 1994 White Sox team: (if they are not on the Sox in my roster I noted where to find them)

Tim Raines (WASH), Lance Johnson, Dan Pasqua, Ozzie Guillen, Craig Grebeck, Frank Thomas, Ron Karkovice, Mike Lavaliere (PIT), George Bell (TOR), Jack McDowell, Alex Fernandez, Jason Bere, Kirk McCaskill (LAA), Donn Pall, Scott Radinsky

These are players that I downloaded but tweaked with the White Sox in mind (stances,gear, etc)

Robin Ventura, Joe Cora, Ellis Burks (Boston), Tim Belcher (LAD), Roberto Hernandez, Norberto Martin, Warren Newson, Dennis Cook (NYM), Paul Assenmacher (CHC), Steve Sax (LAD)

Other players that I created that you could used for the 1994 season:
Harold Baines, Jose Valintin (MIL)

I will be uploading my most up to date roster to the vault in just a bit. I'm calling it "All-Time 1986-2012". I don't know if this will help you but, if nothing else, it may save you some time. Thanks for reading and if you have time I would really love some feedback on my players. Thanks for your hard work and good luck with the roster. I'm looking forward to proving that 1994 would have been the White Sox year.
Thank you.
I will definitely use some.
I appreciate that...thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #24
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15
I'm excited to try this out just like all your other rosters. The 1994 Indians were really coming on and looked to make the playoffs for the first time since 1954. Belle and Lofton had great seasons that year, especially in regards to batting average.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »