Home

The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions

This is a discussion on The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
I dont know about that only because i have been playing alot with guys like Halladay and it seems that no matter what you do there is little to NO control and i find the pitch counts to be through the roof by the 5th or 6th inning. There seems to be an abundance of fouls balls by the AI which never in a million years would someone foul in the manner they do or even make contact with. But because the fouls are a general slider you can really move it because you Foul far less then the AI
Fouls aren't a global slider. There's one for the user and a separate one for the computer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewins
Very interesting. I thought about lowering pitch speed to 0 but I never actually did it. I will try this sometime today.

They do mention that the higher pitch speed does not have any affect on physics but I am not entirely convinced.

I'm actually thinking about lowering pitch speed to 0 and moving timing to 10. Keep contact, power, solid hits to 0. My thinking is that maybe if I am early which would of normally been a swing and miss I will make weaker contact. I'm not entirely sure how the timing slider really does work though.
Dave,

I just read through some of your posts and I think you should try pitch speed at 7 or 8. I guarantee you 6 is not gonna cut it you sound like your having the same problem I had. I play with basically what your at with everything zeroed out on legend except I have power at 2. Here is why you have to bump it up to at least 7. On 7 I am batting .299 through 30 games with the yanks. Now that is too high but the games have been very realistic. Games where I get mowed down and games where I get those 10-15 hits. Yes there are times where you have to guess on a pitch but thats baseball ya know. As far as the pull hitting it works fine on this setting my HR totals are right around where they should be. Anyway just a suggestion cuz adjusting attributes would suck right?
Old 03-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewins
Very interesting. I thought about lowering pitch speed to 0 but I never actually did it. I will try this sometime today.

They do mention that the higher pitch speed does not have any affect on physics but I am not entirely convinced.

I'm actually thinking about lowering pitch speed to 0 and moving timing to 10. Keep contact, power, solid hits to 0. My thinking is that maybe if I am early which would of normally been a swing and miss I will make weaker contact. I'm not entirely sure how the timing slider really does work though.
The bat speed through the zone seems slower this year. I have pitch speed at zero and cannot pull any fastball in my wheelhouse. It reminds me a bit of 2008 when everything was opposite field for me. Especially RHH vs RHP. It's getting a bit frustrating. Replays show how late I really am.

In 2009, I could let the ball go deeper into the zone to work the count and stay alive, now its blowing by me. Also, the low fastball vs. the high fastball doesn't seem to have much variation in speed. In 2009, a High one might be 95 or 96 (which I couldn't pull) but a low one around the knees might be 92-93.

This year I'm seeing fastballs at 95 low in the zone which might explain why I can't pull anything over 92.

I might have to play on Allstar instead of HOF
Old 03-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pberardi
The bat speed through the zone seems slower this year. I have pitch speed at zero and cannot pull any fastball in my wheelhouse. It reminds me a bit of 2008 when everything was opposite field for me. Especially RHH vs RHP. It's getting a bit frustrating. Replays show how late I really am.

In 2009, I could let the ball go deeper into the zone to work the count and stay alive, now its blowing by me. Also, the low fastball vs. the high fastball doesn't seem to have much variation in speed. In 2009, a High one might be 95 or 96 (which I couldn't pull) but a low one around the knees might be 92-93.

This year I'm seeing fastballs at 95 low in the zone which might explain why I can't pull anything over 92.

I might have to play on Allstar instead of HOF
I agree 10's bat swings are slower than 09's, which IMO was perfect. I don't think it's nearly as bad as 08, which was just plain awful. I can pull inside pitches in 10, but it's a bit too tough in my opinion.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs
I agree 10's bat swings are slower than 09's, which IMO was perfect. I don't think it's nearly as bad as 08, which was just plain awful. I can pull inside pitches in 10, but it's a bit too tough in my opinion.
It's def closer to 09 than 08. In 08 i couldn't pull ANYTHING, and i played on a lower pitch speed. In 10 i'm playing on default speed. The hard throwers should be tough to pull, i feel though.

Last edited by Dabeeds; 04-03-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2010, 04:11 AM   #46
Banned

I just updated my sliders (tweaks are in blue) just a bit and they are basically final. There's nothing else for me to tweak as I feel the game is playing as good as it possibly can at this point.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #47
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

If I wanted to use these for Allstar what do you suggest I change
Old 04-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
If I wanted to use these for Allstar what do you suggest I change
I made another topic about sliders and difficulty:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-specific.html

Basically the only sliders you may have to adjust are User contact (your check swing slider), User timing (dependent on your personal batting skill), and pitch speed. User timing and pitch speed are the only sliders that will effect you hitting results. On the CPU side, the only thing you may need to change is CPU contact (their discipline slider) and CPU timing. The CPU probably has worse timing and discipline on AS than HoF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »