Home

Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: CPU vs CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Good to see you again TGreer....you're right about the HRs. I'm the same, I like to have my stats are realistic as possible. The main concern we have at present seems to be the number of WPs which cause the advancement of runners in certain situations. Unfortunately this is part of the AI which we can't do anything about via sliders. We've posted it on the bugs forum to see if SCEA can reduce it's occurence.

I'm getting to a point where I'm pretty happy with the results. I've spent my final holiday today watching loads of cpu v cpu games using my settings. Seeing loads of variation in hits/scores per game.....just watched Seattle come back from 6-1 down after 7 to beat the A's 8-6. Yet another game saw the Giants defeat the Rockies 1-0...the second successive 1-0 game between the two teams.

What I'm rolling with is: All default except

Power -1 (from default)
Timing -2
Solid Hits -4
Starter Stamina +1
Pitch speed Max
Field Errors +1
Steal Freq +3

This is for both human & cpu - just in case it affects home & away like it did in the past.

Hope that helps, give them a go and see what you think. All sliders are subjective to what we want to achieve, my ideas will be different to Dai's - which is good - however, I think we're pretty close as to where we are going, give or take the odd difference.

I know Dai is currently testing the pitcher consistency slider and I'm still may drop the steal success slider a touch too to allow for more attempts to be caught.
Thanks Ninjoid! Watched 4 exhibition games on fast play with these, all with #3 starters. Here are the results:

Cin 1 7 1
Fla 3 9 0
2B, HR, 2 SB, CS, 4 BB, 14 K

Tex 3 9 0
Tor 5 11 0
2 2B, 3 HR, 3 BB, 9 K

KC 7 11 0
Min 3 10 0
5 2B, 4 HR (wind blowing out helping out the xbase cause) 4 BB, 9 K

Cle 2 6 0
Bal 3 7 0
2 2B, 2 HR, 2 SB, 5 BB, 10 K, WP

Game Avg. for these 4:

R=27 (6.75) (little low for #3 starters? or probably just my small sample size)
H=70 (17.5)
E=1 (0.25)
2B=10 (2.5)
HR=10 (2.5)
BB=16 (4.0) (see Runs?)
K=42 (10.5)
SB=4 (1.0)
CS=1 (0.25)
WP=1 (0.25) (have yet to see the problems u guys have ran into, even with the 4 game MOM I did before these)

No doubt in my mind these play better than the Default. I know you have tested MANY more games than I have (8). You still comfortable with these? Ready to start my real MOM franchise and not look back. I'm not one who likes to change settings once I have started. Thanks for this topic, good stuff
Old 03-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #50
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm eagerly waiting Dai's testing on the consistency slider...unfortunately I'm back to work now as my holiday is over so my testing will be somewhat reduced to what I can cram in on an evening.

My sliders aren't finalised, just what I have at the moment. As I say I'm looking forward to Dai's testing as it could be that this slider may be the key.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Still no pitch speed displayed for CPU vs CPU games, grrrrrr!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #52
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Dai - has your testing thrown anything up today?
Ta
Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #53
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Dai - has your testing thrown anything up today?
Ta
Smallish sample size but here's what I have, Ninjoid...

From 12 games with the pitch consistency slider at zero. Pertinent results:

Stats are per team per game (MLB 2010 numbers in brackets)

BB 3.19 (3.25)
K 6.86 (7.06)
WP 0.82 (0.34)
HBP 0.22 (0.32)

Good news - walks are up, strikeouts aren't down, HBP up a little.
Bad news - WP obviously very high
Old 03-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #54
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYoung
Smallish sample size but here's what I have, Ninjoid...

From 12 games with the pitch consistency slider at zero. Pertinent results:

Stats are per team per game (MLB 2010 numbers in brackets)

BB 3.19 (3.25)
K 6.86 (7.06)
WP 0.82 (0.34)
HBP 0.22 (0.32)

Good news - walks are up, strikeouts aren't down, HBP up a little.
Bad news - WP obviously very high
I'm impressed! HBP aren't sky high! That's promising.

Are the bulk of WP still coming from the 'catcher slowness/runner agressiveness' variety?

Anyway, all in all, if they end up patching the WP issue, than consistency seems to be the key.

Good stuff so far. Hopefully offense doesn't explode as you continue to test this.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 03-15-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #55
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

Offense hasn't been altered significantly, heroesandvillains. I'm currently 34 games into testing at Power -2, Solid Hits default, runs per game is still around about 3.75 which is almost the same as when I started the Pitcher Consistency experiment.

I'd say there has been a greater variety of WP. There's been a few that have gone completely over the catcher's head, hadn't seen that on default.

I shouldn't really mention the 'E' word one week after the game's release but I do wonder if editing each catchers' blocking ability might help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #56
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYoung
Offense hasn't been altered significantly, heroesandvillains. I'm currently 34 games into testing at Power -2, Solid Hits default, runs per game is still around about 3.75 which is almost the same as when I started the Pitcher Consistency experiment.

I'd say there has been a greater variety of WP. There's been a few that have gone completely over the catcher's head, hadn't seen that on default.

I shouldn't really mention the 'E' word one week after the game's release but I do wonder if editing each catchers' blocking ability might help.
I'm thinking that, and/or catcher reaction. I'm pretty sure, if I recall correctly, that catchers have a reaction attribute. Don't quote me on that. But, they may get themselves to the ball faster that way. If your near your PS3, feel free to check. Otherwise, I'll check in a few hours and report back tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »