Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #1745
Rookie

Slasher727's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

Well I lost my hit streak when I got called up to AAA half way through the season and had to start everything over at zero I tried to start a new one but only got to 6 then lost it in a game where I went 0-4. It's harder in AAA because the pitchers are much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #1746
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

Well I'm having a so-so year in my first year in the bigs. I'm almost done with August, and after having been named the closer in May I've notched 30 saves, but have an ERA sitting right at 5.00.

Hopefully I get a little better in the ERA department next season.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #1747
Rookie

Ljm623's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Gentleman
I love being a closer. It's the funnest I've had in RTTS in a long time. Like one poster said you're not handed the closer job so a lot of times you're a middle reliever or set-up man and come in during tough situations. I just like the challenge of it.
I agree 100% ... in baseball imho the closer is the coolest role in the game ... i love being a closer as well in RTTS ... i created a tall slinky 6'9" 200lbs hard throwing sidewinder type pitcher, he has a hard Sinker, Running FB, and a mean Slider ... just started my 3rd year with the D-Backs AAA club the Reno Aces, fun times.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #1748
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Gentleman
Well I'm having a so-so year in my first year in the bigs. I'm almost done with August, and after having been named the closer in May I've notched 30 saves, but have an ERA sitting right at 5.00.

Hopefully I get a little better in the ERA department next season.
You got promted to the closer role faster then I did. I had a similar deal with a decent amount of saves and a high ERA.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:06 AM   #1749
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
Reason #3000 I want out of the Marlins Organization:

Gaby Sanchez is playing SS. WTF?
Haven't you heard? digital McKeon retired and in an effort to not have to pay a manager, digital Loria now uses a dart board to determine the lineup and positions in this game.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:42 AM   #1750
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Haven't you heard? digital McKeon retired and in an effort to not have to pay a manager, digital Loria now uses a dart board to determine the lineup and positions in this game.
My current RttS player is a CF, a starting All-Star leading the league in SB, AVG and Hits centerfielder. Second position is OF. Despite this, I've played (after pinch-hitting) an inning at second base twice, third base once, and catcher twice (including a 2-inning stint one of those times). This is in 1.5 years in MLB.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:57 AM   #1751
Rookie

Is there a way to change your pitcher from a starter to a late reliever/closer? After being used as a reliever I've decided I like it much better, but now I'm being used as a starter exclusively and not doing well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #1752
Rookie

Slasher727's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californication
Is there a way to change your pitcher from a starter to a late reliever/closer? After being used as a reliever I've decided I like it much better, but now I'm being used as a starter exclusively and not doing well.
You can make it your secondary position whenever you want but if you want it to be your primary position you will have to wait for the interaction to come up that allows you to change your position if the manager let's you

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »