Home

Who is Still Playing??

This is a discussion on Who is Still Playing?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who is Still Playing??

I don't buy Madden anymore because it's not a true simulation like the show. I like football better than baseball but The show is my video game of choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #42
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

The thing about The Show is it feels like a game that doesn't have issues anymore. Yes, it has quite a few things that could be done to make it better, but none of those things feel like serious problems because the variety and challenge I see from game to game keep me coming back.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #43
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I just finished up two games. I started a franchise with the Braves. I lost both games 5-1 and 5-3. I really need to work on my plate discipline as that is what is getting me in trouble. I really love this game, though.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

I just bought the game on Friday Night, so yes I'm playing and will still be playing up until MLB 12 Releases...

question to you guys, do you guys use ANALOG For Batting/Pitching and Fielding? I'm having problems with analog pitching but i use ANALOG for the batting/fielding
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well I never thought this topic would be as popluar as it has. I have been playing alot of NCAA and just finally opened Madden after having it for a week and I like it I think it is solid I am not a basher like most. I do have to admit The Show is still awesome, i am tring to decide which is a better sports game NBA 2k11 or the Show 11 and it is a dead heat.
I like all sports games I pretty much play by the season but this iwill be The Show through the whole year.

Thanks for all the great response's to this topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #46
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Well, I recently started getting interested in Internet Baseball League (like Dynasty League but free), so the Show is getting less playtime. I still have a blast with the game though; it fits in with my rotation of the Show plus Madden, Black Ops and FIFA

Old 09-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #47
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

i gave away my copy of The Show as soon as NCAA 12 was released and now with Madden, those have been the only two games that will be in my PS3 for a while
Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Still playing.

Knew I would be in an NCAA Dynasty with some buddies, so I built up a cushion of games on MLB to make up for the fact that wouldn't be playing as regularly. My season is about midway through September, and I'll do my best to finish it no later than the real-life MLB season.

Right now, I fit in a game when I'm ready to advance in my NCAA dynasty but other players aren't. I've tried playing later at night, just to make sure that I don't get behind, but I've found that my reactions at the plate aren't good at night. I've got a decent lead on the 2nd place team in my division, so a few losses won't hurt my playoff chances. But, I have Konerko battling Cabrera for the AL home run lead, and Alexi Ramirez battling Cabrera for the AL batting title, and I don't want to see those slip away due to my inability to bat late at night.

Plus, now that we have college football on Saturdays it makes the equation even more difficult--I'll either be watching all day, or out tailgating and going to a game.

But...I'm still playing, and will continue to do so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »