Home

Who is Still Playing??

This is a discussion on Who is Still Playing?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #65
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Who is Still Playing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas83
Who stops playing The Show as Madden get released??
I still play The Show but not nearly as much, I play Madden heavily till MLB playoffs then setup the playoffs and play them along with a few Madden league games, then that takes us to NBA 2k.
It is a revolving sports door!!!!

Has anyone finished a full baseball season this year with no simming??
My revolving sports door always stops at The Show entrance. I play all year long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #66
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

I have been trying to play this game for the past few months since getting it back. I have tried to play as several teams with several rosters. Finally i think i have found my team (Oakland) and my roster (fantasy drafted).

Every time i tried to get a different team going (Washington, Florida, Houston) No matter how i tried to build it, I always seemed to come back to my Hearts only team.

I have tried every draft strategy i could think of. Picking off the top of every position, going all above 30, and all below 30. I finally just went with best defense i could get and i seemed to pan out very well.

I have started a franchise using a solid set of veteran set of sliders and my team seems just as solid. I know that i am very late to getting started and planted, however i do have all winter to get this done.

Not that i have a snow balls chance in _______, but i will do what i can.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 4

Baseball is my favorite sport so I play all year long. Its great to have that baseball feeling when its -35c during a winter storm. Sit back with a hot coffee and play some ball.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #68
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been on hiatus since NCAA 12 came out and now Madden 12. However I am in the post season as a wildcard with my Yankees.

I will fire it up in October and play out my year one 2011 Yankees franchise do all my off-season work and save it there.

I am in year two of my 1987 Yankees franchise and will get back into that next year as I will not be buying The Show 12. I have a sick pitching staff of young future aces aquired via many trades. Eric Hanson, Kevin Appier and Kevin Brown!!! Love it.

I am in football mode till Feb. Then The Show 11 and NBA 2K11 will be back in my rotation.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #69
Banned

I was playing the show atleast 4 hours a day ever day until the whole trading issuses started to get annoying. So after reading about mlb 2k11 and watching videos i went and bought it. I am so glad i did. I've owned the show since 09 came out but 2k11 is so much better except for graphics of course. Don't get me wrong the show is still a very good game but i just prefer more realism in my franchise mode like more all time records to break and better commentary and the player cards show every team someone has played with every year. It just has so much more to offer in franchise mode, including the top 100 prospects, just incredible. I can deal with the lack of graphics.

Last edited by UofO Ducks; 09-23-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
I played this game the first 2-3 weeks, but it felt too much like last Years show and that's why I haven't played this years that much.
What?!?! The Show 11 is the 1st good baseball game this series has produced, it is nothing like the previous games in the series. The hitting was flat out broken in every other game, hitting over .300 and leading the league in HRs on Legend with basically zeroed out batting sliders is not fun. If you understood how the hitting engine worked, you could easily do that. And, the pitching has always been awful. It was either use meter pitching that was completely unrealistic because it was ridiculously too accurate or use classic pitching, which was realistic but gave you no control over your pitches. Analog pitching is the best pitching interface this series has ever seen. Then, RTTS is immensely better because it has an evaluation system that actually makes sense and you can earn points even when you're not hitting and in a cold spell just by putting together good ABs. This game got basically 5 new interfaces; analog hitting, analog pitching, analog fielding, timing hitting, and true zone hitting. I don't understand how this game at all feels like the same game as last year or any other year. The Show 11 basically had a 2 year development cycle because nothing was added to 10, it was just a slightly tweaked 09.

OT: Anyways, to answer the question, I play The Show off and on all year. I love football, but the Madden games never have captured the sport properly so I don't play them. I tried the Madden 12 demo and on All Pro the CPU couldn't stop me from scoring (and I haven't played the game in over 5 years), Madden is slider hell, just like the MVP series was so no thank you. If you're a gamer how can you just play this game all year. So many great games come out each year, there is no way I could just play 1 game. I can't wait for the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection that comes out next week, I just love those games so much and it's been over 5 years since I played them. I'm playing Deus Ex HR now, which is a really good game, not better than the original though. And, Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3 are just around the corner.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #71
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Just ended my fourth year of RTTS greatness. Also just started my third franchise with the Phillies. Played a complete year as both the Nationals and Indians. Got tired of loosing so I decided to play a team that I could make it to the playoffs with.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I think I might pick up the show. My xbox got the ring of death a few weeks ago and I bought a ps3 so now I can finally try this game out. Can someone tell me if you need to purchase anything extra to access the online features if I buy a used copy. I know there are some EA games where you have to and if that's the case I'll just buy a new copy

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »