Home

MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #97
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Yes progression is something that Knight and I asked for some tweaking. I would love to see busts and diamonds. I may be in the minority on this, but I would love to have potentials hidden inside franchise mode. Scouts and stats are your only guide.
You could count me in that minority too.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #98

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm a Mike.
But on all the paperwork that I get from anywhere....it's Michael.
My family calls me Michael. My friends and co-workers are lazy and call me Mike.
His name is Michael Stanton.

M.K.
Knight165
So for Dee Gordon it will read Devarius Gordon?

Sent from Hayden Panettiere's #1 fan
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #99
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

When you're at the player card and you're looking at the advanced stats, does it tell you what they mean? Because I remeber seeing a screenshot of the player card and there was a stat that I had no idea about.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #100
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucharist79
Thanks for your kind, diligent, and super-appropriate responses to my initial post, Mr. Tbarnes and Mr. Knight. I hope that I am wrong about my comment in regards to statistics. I would like to know if within the League Leaders section of the game, if Sabermetrics are included? Do we have a Top 50 listing for those stats like we do for HR and ERA? Do they inform us in the Manual what the Sabermetrics statistics mean? I also want to say that the overall sim stats for Runners-In-Scoring-Position per team is .30 to .40 points low per team, which results in overall teams runs scored during the season to be 40 to 60 runs short per team. I have messaged Russell many times about this, and hopefully he chose to fix this glaring problem. I may be on the way to being banned by simply being honest, if I fail to kiss butt like those who always defend this game.
I am not 100% sure...but I believe league leaders have same stats as 11.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #101
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I disagree. Does a player that has a career year automatically become a better player? Sometimes stats are anomalies. There are examples of players hitting .250 for a career then winning a batting title. Or hitting an avg of 10 homers a year then having a year they hit 50 does not necessarily mean that it is what they are.

But sometimes, they DO become a better player. Sometimes, you do have a guy who hits .250 every year till he's 30 and then goes on to win MULTIPLE batting titles. Sometimes a guy averages 10 homeruns a year, suddenly hits 50 and goes on to hit 30-40 every year. So it does happen occasionally and I would like to see video games reflect that fact a bit better. Not just the Show, but all sports games need to do a better job in this department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #102
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
So for Dee Gordon it will read Devarius Gordon?

Sent from Hayden Panettiere's #1 fan
I'll bet you it does on his check!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #103
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
But sometimes, they DO become a better player. Sometimes, you do have a guy who hits .250 every year till he's 30 and then goes on to win MULTIPLE batting titles. Sometimes a guy averages 10 homeruns a year, suddenly hits 50 and goes on to hit 30-40 every year. So it does happen occasionally and I would like to see video games reflect that fact a bit better. Not just the Show, but all sports games need to do a better job in this department.
Yes....but wouldn't this be handled better by a big progression increase one or maybe two times...then leveling....resulting in better attributes and therefore ratings rather than a guy hitting .290....big increase.... .310....big increase..... .330...big increase...... .350.......big increase to max. If his stats drive progression....how do you make it stop at some point....reach max?

Plus.....that would make being a GM rather mundane.
Look at the league leader boards..."oh look....there is my next big point gainer"......ho hum

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #104
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Ideally this would be nice, but what would the ai use to determine which player to do that to?

Computer ai has to have definitive logic. Things humans do in real life sometimes defy that logic.

If they make it completely random how many guys would complain when a Fielder drops 30 ovl points because he had a bad year or the randomness kicked in.

Or the human controlled team gets better and better because the user is a great stick jockey??

I don't know the right way to do it. That's why I'd like potential hidden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »