Home

2012 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #1209
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2012 Franchise Progress Thread

Does anyone play with the Rockies?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #1210
Banned

Im sitting at the beginning of August with my Royals with a record of 54-51 and 9.5 games back in the central, but only sitting 6.5 back in the wildcard with the Yankees leading.

I played a great game last night against the Indians that came down to the wire. Duffy and Milone were the starters, each allowing only 2 runs throughout 8 innings. With the score tied at 2 going into the bottom of the ninth, I pinch hit Lorenzo Cain for dyson. Cain came up with a double that was followed by an Alcides Escobar walkoff double making it 3-2.

My lineup has been stroking the ball superbly for the last month or so and I really hope it doesnt slow down with a tough series in Texas (68-36) and Oakland (59-46) coming up next.

Lineup
LF: Alex Gordon .313 Avg, 13 HR, 45 RBI
2B: Jimmy Paredes .285 Avg, 3 Hr, 36 RBI
DH: Billy Butler .286 Avg, 12 HR, 54 RBI
RF: Frenchy .272 Avg, 14 HR, 46 RBI (raking lately)
1B: Eric Hosmer .284 Avg, 11 HR, 57 RBI
3B: Mike Moustakas .264 Avg, 11 HR, 57 RBI
CF: Jarrod Dyson .300 Avg, 4 HR, 27 RBI, 29 Stolen bags
C: Salvy Perez .255 Avg, 3 HR, 31 RBI
SS: Shortstop Jesus .270 Avg, 1 HR, 29 RBI

Hosmer and Alcides have really turned it on as late as both were once down in the .220's in batting average.

My AAA team is not looking to hot batting wise, both Starling and Wil Myers are worthless and I am moving both down to double A ball, which really sucks because I was hoping Myers would be ready to maybe replace Frenchy next year.

Same with pitching as Mike Montgomery has not done what I thought he would so for now Chen stays put in my starting rotation until next year.

Pitching Rotation
Hochevar: 7-7, 4.29 ERA, 96 K
Chen Music: 5-10, 4.52 ERA, 75 K
Brandon Morrow: 9-7, 3.42 ERA, 153 K
Zach Britton: 6-5, 3.79 ERA, 55 K
Danny Duffy: 8-10, 3.20 ERA, 102 K

Duffy and Chen are my favorite two people to pitch with. My bullpen has its days as people like Collins, Coleman and Crow all maintain ERA's under 3.00 but guys like Holland, Herrera and Paulino are 5.00+ and are mainly mop up duty.

Broxton has been great with 31 saves and a 1.76 ERA, he even made the all-star team along with Gordon.

I am really hoping I can at least take 2 of 3 against the Rangers and possible sweep the Athletics to show that I deserve a wild card spot and know that I can compete with the big dogs. Wish me luck. #ourtime
Old 07-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #1211
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Alright. So I am in The Show 12 mode exclusively for the forseeable future.

Not only am I immersed in my current Miami Marlins year one chise (where I am playing all 162 games for year one) but I fired up a 1984 season to go along with my 1996 season. I am also replaying the 1988 post season.

This game is the best sports game ever. Bar none. I have NCAA 13 and Madden 13 as well as NHL 13 coming later and I see those games staying in the shrink wrap for a while. The Show 12 is the ultimate sports game people.

I will give updates to the classic seasons occasionally and I will do a game by game for the 1988 WS once the teams are determined in the League championships.
For 1984 I have taken on The Royals and Yankees. Playing different series. I figure I will actually play around 80-90 games total and sim the rest. I am half way through the 1996 season as the Florida Marlins and New York Yankees. I have played 20 games and simmed the rest thus far.

I highly recommend all these roster sets. I also DL the OS all time great rosters and looked over them and they are amazing as well. Perfect for a single season.

The Jethro 1990 roster for franchise play will be out when he get's done as he is an animal and takes the time and care to really make those special as well.

What other game do you need when you have this? Ok NBA 2K11.

The Show rules!!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #1212
Banned

Was only able to take 1 of 3 against the Rangers. I played the third game with Morrow vs. Darvish. Morrow pitched great but just had one big inning where the Rangers loaded the bases and drove in four runs on a Michael Young triple and then a David Murphy RBI single.

I put up one run in the first thanks to a Frenchy RBI single and also scored one more in the fifth on a Moustakas RBI Double. I had a chance in the bottom of the ninth, The Rangers put Joe Nathan out to close and Paredes walked but Butler and Frenchy both hit weak grounders to end the game, Lost 4-2.

Now on to the Whitesox who are last in the Central.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #1213
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great post Armor & Sword. (I like your NBA2k posts as well by the way). Sounds like there are a ton of roster options in 2012. I actually skipped 2012 and stayed with 2011 for a host of reasons not relevant here but the number of roster in 12 interests me. I played the 1988 rosters in 2011 and had a blast. I am now having probably the most fun I have had with any baseball game using the fictional roster set for 11. I am at about all star break with my Sox and sitting in last place (will update official progress on here shortly). Still a blast!!!! Have not had this much fun since 09 when I lost the series as the Yankees in game seven against the Cubs.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #1214
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Didn't make a trade at the deadline. Just couldn't get anything together that I was comfortable with.

However, I did make a claim on Marco Scutaro during the trade-waiver period...only to have the Rockies pull him back. Into August now and we will see what we can do with the roster we have and hopefully we can nab the WC spot.

BTW, I also placed James Shields, Reig Brignac and BJ Upton on trade-waivers. Shields was claimed by Oakland and then I, of course, pulled him back. Brignac was claimed by Miami and was pulled back. BJ Upton did clear trade-waivers though, so I can move him in a deal if I so choose.

Last edited by RyanLeaf16; 07-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #1215
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Without getting too into it, my update is that my team pulled a massive choke job, and didn't make it into the playoffs. Unfortunately, I don't have stats because I angrily advanced to the offseason. My team lost their last 9 games, and went 3-17 in their last 20.

choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #1216
Rookie

Up and Coming's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Without getting too into it, my update is that my team pulled a massive choke job, and didn't make it into the playoffs. Unfortunately, I don't have stats because I angrily advanced to the offseason. My team lost their last 9 games, and went 3-17 in their last 20.

choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke
Feel your pain brother 😃🔫

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »