Home

2012 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #489
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2012 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan
MrPolo7... With your Pads franchise... what trades did you made?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
I scrapped it actually..I want to use the OFSM Opening Day rosters instead of whichever I was using....
Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #490
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I am loving all of the updates so far...

The M's minor leaguers are playing some good ball, too.

Jackson (AA affiliate) is 5-0. James Paxton (1-0, 1.50 ERA, 11 K, 2 BB), Danny Hultzen (1-0, 0.00 ERA, 9 K, 1 BB) and Taijuan Walker (0-0, 3.00 ERA, 12 K, 2 BB) are all pitching phenomenally well. Nick Franklin is off to a slow start (.222 BA, 2 RBI) but Francisco Martinez (.583, 2 HR, 7 RBI) is tearing it up.

Carter Capps is an effing monster. Through three appearances, he has 4 innings pitched, has stuck out 9 and walked 1. He has allowed a hit and no runs. Filthy.

I can't wait to bring some of these guys up. Kevin Millwood got absolutely rocked by Texas in his first start, giving up six runs in three innings. If he can't get it going soon, I am going to be tempted to get Paxton or Hultzen up to take his spot.

Loving the young kids... Ackley, Montero, Smoak, Seager... All our hitting pretty decent, but unfortunately there hasn't been much power yet.
Interesting to see how other people are doing playing with the M's. I just started and am 2-0 after taking the first two from the A's, both in extra innings.

Smoak broke a 0-0 tie in the opener, driving in Figgins with a single and Montero hit a solo shot in the 12th in the second game to go ahead 3-2. League saved the first game but left with an injury after retiring one batter in the second game and Wilhemsen earned the save. League's got a strained oblique and is out 1-6 days so at least its nothing too bad.

Figgins is raking through the first two, as is Montero, who had an RBI double in the second game before the homer. Pitching has been great, and I'm getting hits, but not the timely ones that drive in runs.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #491
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

Ive decided to have the all-Chubster team in my bullpen.

Working on trading for Broxton, Joba, Heath Bell, and Todd Coffey...

Now who are some chubsters that throw Lefty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #492
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7

Jose Mijares from the Royals is about all i can think of.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #493
Pro

Mercury53's Arena

OVR: 6

Kevin Millwood saved himself last night, as the Mariners managed to beat the Angels 7-3 at Safeco Field. Albert Pujols finally got me with a three-run bomb, but that was the only scratch on an otherwise great pitching performance. I tried MOM with the first game of the Texas series and it was fun. Seattle won, and will send Felix Hernandez and Matt Garza too the hill for game two and three.
NFL - Philadelphia Eagles
MLS - Seattle Sounders

Old 04-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #494
Pro

OVR: 3

Well, I lost the opening series against the Pittsburgh Pirates to start the season 1-2. I won the first game 2-1 thanks to an absolute gem of a game by Bud Norris. Scott Moore hit a pinch-hit 2-run HR during the 8th inning to take the lead, and Heath Hembree got the save.

In the second game, Jordan Lyles went 7 innings giving up 5 hits, 0 ER, and 6 Ks. He left the game with a 1-0 lead. David Carpenter came into the game in the 8th to try to get the hold, but he gave up 3 runs, and I lost 3-1. Upsetting loss there.

The 3rd game was yet another heart-breaker. J.A. Happ gave up a run in the 1st inning (I was able to tie it up in the bottom of the 1st), and then shut them down all the way to the 7th inning before giving up one more run. Scott Moore hit his second HR of the season in the 6th inning to take a 3-1 lead.

Since I made Carpenter unavailable thanks to that long inning he pitched in game 2, I used Rhiner Cruz as my set-up man in the 8th. Unfortunately, he gave up the tying run in the 8th. We got to the 10th inning when Tony Sanchez hit a solo HR to take a 4-3 lead for the Pirates. I wasn't able to answer in the bottom of the 10th.

Tough start to the season, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. If these 3 games are any indication, it's going to be a very long season for my bullpen.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #495
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Update: I just finished the 3 game set Braves vs. Astros. I won the series 2-1.

Game 3 is one I am most proud of. Tim Hudson made a huge comeback after his 1st start. This time, Hudson 7IP 4R 3ER 4H 3K. I was down 4-0. I never gave up. I battled to tie the game 4 all. Hudson was so good. He was responsible for giving me the go ahead run. A sac fly to center, scoring Pastornicky from 3rd. The final score was 6-4.

Some standouts players through the first 6 games: Pastornicky .400 2SB out of the 8th slot in the batting order, Uggla .300 1HR 4RBI and Chipper .263 0HR 0RBI. The mood is abt to change I feel.

Next series is at the "Ted" vs. the Brew Crew. Game 1 Hanson vs. Marcum, Game 2 JJ vs. Wolf , Game 3 Beachy vs. Naverson

Last edited by decga; 04-19-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Added Brewers pitchers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #496
Rookie

NiceSlacks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7

Dennys Reyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »