Home

POLL: AUTO OR MANUAL BASERUNNING

This is a discussion on POLL: AUTO OR MANUAL BASERUNNING within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Baserunning Option Do You Use
AUTO 52 46.02%
MANUAL 61 53.98%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2012, 01:59 AM   #17
Rookie

BigBlue72's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: POLL: AUTO OR MANUAL BASERUNNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55

Did you long over 1000 hours playing MVP '05? A lot of us (myself included) sure did and those controls are burned into our brains when it comes to baseball games. In fact, if you use timing hitting and meter pitching the only difference in controls in the two games is the baserunning and they are WAY different.
Yes, I played a lot of MVP 05. I was a huge fan of that game and at least the last two games of that series, but I've just managed to find comfort with this base-running system. I can't say that I put 1000 hours into playing it though. It was a great game, but I haven't played it in a long time. Been wanting to though.

New York Mets. Also the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Bayern Munchen
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #18
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Auto for me.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #19
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

man, all I see is "Auto" or "Assist," what am I doing wrong? I tried assist, and the runners have the controller buttons on them when a batted ball is in play, and I just don't get it. Is "Manual" the version where you pick a runner with the left analog stick and ask him to move from there? That's what I played with last season, my first year of The Show, and I became accustomed to it.

I also didn't play a baseball game until I picked up 2K10 used in December of 2010, before that I played MVP2005 since its launch day; game can't be beat.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I use auto base running and fielding because when your at bat in real life you are the batter not the runner and when you are pitching in real life you are not the guy in left field or where ever. It feels more real on auto.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anyone else had this problem?

I was using manual baserunning but I kept getting guys thrown out because they would go back to the base they were on when the ball would be hit.

Example: I have a runner on 1st with no one out and I hit a sharp groundball between the first baseman and second baseman. Instead of the runner advancing to 2nd he retreats to first and then is thrown out at 2nd base.

It doesn't matter what base I'm on or if the ball is a ground ball, line drive or fly ball and it doesn't matter where its hit. I've had this happen to me probably 30 times. I can't find any way to fix the problem and I didn't find anything mentioning the problem on here. I switched to Auto controls and it fixed the problem but like everyone else has said Auto isn't nearly as much fun as Manual. This makes playing the game very, very frustrating. Has anyone had this problem or anyone have any suggestions that might help?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 8

Manual for me.

I almost never use L1 or R1 any more. That was where most of my problems stemmed from. Even with the bases full, I almost always have enough time to manually select guys and send them ahead or back. The only times I use the advance all/return all buttons is if something unusual happens, like the CPU falling down in the outfield or making a catch I didn't think it would make.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #23
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Manual!

I usually start them all with L1 and then I will individually give them the rightious path
Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #24
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Manual is the only way to go for me. I dont like the lack of control you get with auto.
Definitely manual. I need to be the guy controlling things. I haven't really had to many issues with the controls. I really didn't expect such a large showing of auto base running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »