Home

Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

This is a discussion on Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

I have always played season mode and have always only controlled 1 team for each season. I play a season with an AL team (always the Yankees) and 1 season with a NL team (this year the D'backs).

I have been reading that lots of you control all 30 teams.

Which is better in your opinion and why?
Is controlling all 30 teams only better in franchise mode?

I guess the reason why I only control 1 team is that I think it is far less hassle. I don't always agree with the lineups the cpu comes up with (for example it has A-Rod batting 2nd for the Yanks) but I simply put up with it and play the game. I'm thinking of changing to 30-team control if the feeling is that there are benefits of doing so. Convince me!! Thanks
DarwinB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
MVP
 
Braves Fan's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

30 team control is only a hassle to set up, after that you can play it just like a single team franchise if you want. Just set up two custom profiles and assign the 29 other teams to one profile and yours on another. Put your profile on manual and the CPU's on Auto under the 'Mode Specific' option in the User Settings menu.

Now as to your question as to why. Does crazy lineups bother you? How about dumb trades made by the CPU? Does a limited number of big name Free Agents bother you in the offseason? If the answer to those questions are yes then use 30 team control and commish your league. If not then you really don't need it. It bothers most people though because franchise mode is still not up to par.
Braves Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
37
Chaptain America
 
37's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 10,354
Re: Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinB
I have always played season mode and have always only controlled 1 team for each season. I play a season with an AL team (always the Yankees) and 1 season with a NL team (this year the D'backs).

I have been reading that lots of you control all 30 teams.

Which is better in your opinion and why?
Is controlling all 30 teams only better in franchise mode?

I guess the reason why I only control 1 team is that I think it is far less hassle. I don't always agree with the lineups the cpu comes up with (for example it has A-Rod batting 2nd for the Yanks) but I simply put up with it and play the game. I'm thinking of changing to 30-team control if the feeling is that there are benefits of doing so. Convince me!! Thanks
It all just depends on what kinda experience ur lookin to have...if u have OCD(like me) regarding real minor leaguers(not the Joe Schmo's SCEA incorporates in the game), realistic trades and lineups, then 30-team control is an absolute must.....if u only wanna play the games and race thru a season and dont care about the managerial aspect of franchise mode, then controlling 1 team would be the best option...
37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Re: Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
It all just depends on what kinda experience ur lookin to have...if u have OCD(like me) regarding real minor leaguers(not the Joe Schmo's SCEA incorporates in the game), realistic trades and lineups, then 30-team control is an absolute must.....if u only wanna play the games and race thru a season and dont care about the managerial aspect of franchise mode, then controlling 1 team would be the best option...
I am not too concerned with the minors, as I play season mode, so that part doesn't bother me (but I do have OCD when it comes to starting my season over and over and over...again). The only advantage I can think of by controlling all 30 teams in season mode is that I can set the lineups/rosters as they are in rel life. And also can move a free agent like Oswalt when he signs with a team during the season.

I always turn cpu trading completely off, to avoid the trading nightmares that some of you experience in franchise. Once I get osfm opening day rosters there are no trades during the season.
DarwinB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
37
Chaptain America
 
37's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 10,354
Re: Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinB
I am not too concerned with the minors, as I play season mode, so that part doesn't bother me (but I do have OCD when it comes to starting my season over and over and over...again). The only advantage I can think of by controlling all 30 teams in season mode is that I can set the lineups/rosters as they are in rel life. And also can move a free agent like Oswalt when he signs with a team during the season.

I always turn cpu trading completely off, to avoid the trading nightmares that some of you experience in franchise. Once I get osfm opening day rosters there are no trades during the season.
i used to be like that too...rather have no trading then constant dumb unrealistic ones but this will be the 1st year that im gunna use 30-team control and i will stick to it from this day forward....if ur not a minors guy and u turn off trading completely, then there's no real need for 30-team control unless u gunna take time out and do each team's lineup who will prolly get messed up durin the season
37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Aug 2009
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

I plan to do 30 team control in my season ( I play 82 game season). Just to see, I made one profile for myself and one other for the other teams and put CPU auto for MODE SPECIFIC. I still wasn't able to review the trades they were making? What did I do wrong here??
Howie5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

I control only one. Not enough of a control freak to control 30.
lowlander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Banned
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 15,677
Re: Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

I control all 30 teams but only play as the Phillies. I do it because I do all the real roster moves for every team, all waiver transactions, signings, releases, trades, and real pitching matchups for every team every day. I also use the same lineup the real Phillies use everyday for their games. The only time I break from the same lineup is if a player's energy is ridiculously low.

I play all 162 games so I only do one season in franchise. I like to follow along with the real MLB season.
PhilliesFan13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Top -