Home

Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

This is a discussion on Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

I have always played season mode and have always only controlled 1 team for each season. I play a season with an AL team (always the Yankees) and 1 season with a NL team (this year the D'backs).

I have been reading that lots of you control all 30 teams.

Which is better in your opinion and why?
Is controlling all 30 teams only better in franchise mode?

I guess the reason why I only control 1 team is that I think it is far less hassle. I don't always agree with the lineups the cpu comes up with (for example it has A-Rod batting 2nd for the Yanks) but I simply put up with it and play the game. I'm thinking of changing to 30-team control if the feeling is that there are benefits of doing so. Convince me!! Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Do You Control 1 team or 30 in your season/franchise??

30 team control is only a hassle to set up, after that you can play it just like a single team franchise if you want. Just set up two custom profiles and assign the 29 other teams to one profile and yours on another. Put your profile on manual and the CPU's on Auto under the 'Mode Specific' option in the User Settings menu.

Now as to your question as to why. Does crazy lineups bother you? How about dumb trades made by the CPU? Does a limited number of big name Free Agents bother you in the offseason? If the answer to those questions are yes then use 30 team control and commish your league. If not then you really don't need it. It bothers most people though because franchise mode is still not up to par.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinB
I have always played season mode and have always only controlled 1 team for each season. I play a season with an AL team (always the Yankees) and 1 season with a NL team (this year the D'backs).

I have been reading that lots of you control all 30 teams.

Which is better in your opinion and why?
Is controlling all 30 teams only better in franchise mode?

I guess the reason why I only control 1 team is that I think it is far less hassle. I don't always agree with the lineups the cpu comes up with (for example it has A-Rod batting 2nd for the Yanks) but I simply put up with it and play the game. I'm thinking of changing to 30-team control if the feeling is that there are benefits of doing so. Convince me!! Thanks
It all just depends on what kinda experience ur lookin to have...if u have OCD(like me) regarding real minor leaguers(not the Joe Schmo's SCEA incorporates in the game), realistic trades and lineups, then 30-team control is an absolute must.....if u only wanna play the games and race thru a season and dont care about the managerial aspect of franchise mode, then controlling 1 team would be the best option...
Old 03-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
It all just depends on what kinda experience ur lookin to have...if u have OCD(like me) regarding real minor leaguers(not the Joe Schmo's SCEA incorporates in the game), realistic trades and lineups, then 30-team control is an absolute must.....if u only wanna play the games and race thru a season and dont care about the managerial aspect of franchise mode, then controlling 1 team would be the best option...
I am not too concerned with the minors, as I play season mode, so that part doesn't bother me (but I do have OCD when it comes to starting my season over and over and over...again). The only advantage I can think of by controlling all 30 teams in season mode is that I can set the lineups/rosters as they are in rel life. And also can move a free agent like Oswalt when he signs with a team during the season.

I always turn cpu trading completely off, to avoid the trading nightmares that some of you experience in franchise. Once I get osfm opening day rosters there are no trades during the season.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinB
I am not too concerned with the minors, as I play season mode, so that part doesn't bother me (but I do have OCD when it comes to starting my season over and over and over...again). The only advantage I can think of by controlling all 30 teams in season mode is that I can set the lineups/rosters as they are in rel life. And also can move a free agent like Oswalt when he signs with a team during the season.

I always turn cpu trading completely off, to avoid the trading nightmares that some of you experience in franchise. Once I get osfm opening day rosters there are no trades during the season.
i used to be like that too...rather have no trading then constant dumb unrealistic ones but this will be the 1st year that im gunna use 30-team control and i will stick to it from this day forward....if ur not a minors guy and u turn off trading completely, then there's no real need for 30-team control unless u gunna take time out and do each team's lineup who will prolly get messed up durin the season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

I plan to do 30 team control in my season ( I play 82 game season). Just to see, I made one profile for myself and one other for the other teams and put CPU auto for MODE SPECIFIC. I still wasn't able to review the trades they were making? What did I do wrong here??
Old 03-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Banned

I control only one. Not enough of a control freak to control 30.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 27

I control all 30 teams but only play as the Phillies. I do it because I do all the real roster moves for every team, all waiver transactions, signings, releases, trades, and real pitching matchups for every team every day. I also use the same lineup the real Phillies use everyday for their games. The only time I break from the same lineup is if a player's energy is ridiculously low.

I play all 162 games so I only do one season in franchise. I like to follow along with the real MLB season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »