Home

Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015

This is a discussion on Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Bastardized Pitch Edits 2015

I just deleted my post. But between you and I. when I used seanjeezys pitch edits and changed the regular Change-up to circle changes the break of that pitch kill me. LOL
Old 05-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #58
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas7
I just deleted my post. But between you and I. when I used seanjeezys pitch edits and changed the regular Change-up to circle changes the break of that pitch kill me. LOL
If you look a few pages back I talk about changeup break at length. The biggest difference between seanjeezy's edits and these at this point is that my formula for break on changeups takes into account mostly vertical movement. It results in much lower break ratings across the board. Only guys with really nasty drop in their changeups will have it here.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:23 PM   #59
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Do your edits on your spreadsheet include seanjeezy's or do we need to find those elsewhere? Thanks for all your work.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #60
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
Do your edits on your spreadsheet include seanjeezy's or do we need to find those elsewhere? Thanks for all your work.
They're included.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:57 AM   #61
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV
The movement on the circle change is more pronounced, the regular changes aren't as impressive, especially in terms of horizontal movement. Also, a lot of those guys actually throw circle changes, the base rosters don't have enough of them in there.
To add to this, the truth is most (I'd say roughly 90%) of major league pitchers throw a circle change or a variation of it in which they only make a half circle as their primary change up. Very few guys use a traditional straight change as their primary change up these days. Also, the change up is probably the hardest pitch to figure out how to rate in this game because alot of pitchers throw multiple types of change ups depending on what they're trying to do but they're all so similar that pitch fx has no way to differentiate them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 12:23 AM   #62
Rookie

Just wondering if anyone was gonna put these into OSFM V1 and then upload it to the vault? I really want to use these but just don't have enough free time from work to edit all those individual players
Thanks in advance
Old 05-12-2015, 01:52 AM   #63
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

I don't know about OSFM v1 but I plan on putting them into Willard's roster and going to town.

Finished up the re-edits tonight. Some book keeping stuff left to do on RFBs and forkballs and a whole bunch of guys to create but the real time consuming piece is now done!
Old 05-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #64
Rookie

I've never used Willard's roster, but they sound great, so I guess I'll be using them this year with your pitch edits. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »