Home

King's Ransom Information, ETA's & Suggestions

This is a discussion on King's Ransom Information, ETA's & Suggestions within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #9
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: King's Ransom Information, ETA's & Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
I have a few requests for some 2016 late round draftees. You don't need to do any of these requests if you don't want to, but here they are. Cavan Biggio, Taylor Trammell, Preston Palmeiro, Bo Bichette and Logan Ice. If you decide to only do a couple of these, could you do Cavan Biggio for me? His dad is my all time favorite player.
Also, if I have more requests, I'll let you know.
is that Biggio's son? I do like putting in players that are significant even if they aren't on AA or AAA yet, Biggio would be a good candidate
Old 09-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #10
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerswingking
is that Biggio's son? I do like putting in players that are significant even if they aren't on AA or AAA yet, Biggio would be a good candidate
Yeah Cavan Biggio is Craig Biggio's son. Preston Palmeiro is Rafael Palmeiro's son, and Bo Bichette is Dante Bichette's son. I actually like playing with players who have baseball family ties.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:40 PM   #11
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
Yeah Cavan Biggio is Craig Biggio's son. Preston Palmeiro is Rafael Palmeiro's son, and Bo Bichette is Dante Bichette's son. I actually like playing with players who have baseball family ties.
It's fun, I'll look into it man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 11:48 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Asked before, but with all of the low potentials/lower ratings, how does this roster work with incoming draftees?
Old 09-10-2016, 12:00 AM   #13
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Asked before, but with all of the low potentials/lower ratings, how does this roster work with incoming draftees?
With such high potentials, player attributes shoot up immediately when you start a franchise. So these lower potentials make sure we don't have good players become elite, and players who are not great prospects need to have really impressive seasons to become major league regulars. The lower ratings help the superstars stand out and help kind of create more tiers of players on a roster. They also help ensure that prospects who should take some time to develop don't get up in the 70/80/90s at an unreasonable pace.

There's a lot more benefits that you'll see, especially with some of the individual attribute discrepancies during gameplay, it really bolsters the noticeability of the players you might expect would feel unique

Last edited by powerswingking; 09-10-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:42 PM   #14
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Sorry adam i dropped the ball on actually answering the question you asked, I see what you're saying, how do the settings of this roster affect the dynamics of the players in the first year draft?

That's a great question that I've been looking into for a while tonight, I ran through 5 simulations of the first player draft and followed up to see what those players current attributes/overalls/potentials immediately upon joining the system.

There were a few players who were casualties of the system and didn't fit with my dream draft, but I imagine you aren't going to have a flawless feeling first year entry draft in ANY franchise regardless of what set/settings/team/players you choose. For pure integration purposes though, franchise does a good job of generating players that fit into to this template. I certainly wouldn't put anyone down though if they wanted to tweak the ratings of the first year draft players at their own discretion. I like developing players and all that stuff too but I really don't want to see all the cool players from real life being put in their place by a bunch of Ramone Russell and game developer models haha.

Long story short, draft works good, I would probably look into tweaking a few things any time I went thru a franchise draft, but you by no means need to, just a matter of personal preference. There were a lot of guys in my draft that were 18-19 with hi potentials that were 40s overall so that was really positive. Also the players that were closer to MLB ready (60 overallish) were either older and further along in their career arch, or they simply maxed out in potential a few points higher than their current overall, so like your classic AAA-AAAA players. A couple occurances of players with overalls and then potentials at a lower number, so that's the only thing that I thought I might consider editing if i were doing a franchise, other than that everything checked out from my end!

I was real glad to see the top 5 guy I picked was an 87 potential and had a ways to work toward it at 57 overall. Too high for a draft pick still imo but it's very reasonable.

Other guys like DOMOROMO (smh) join your club as a 60 and that's their ceiling right there.

Also there is good variety among the talent that teams found. The Angels didn't find a B overall in their haul

Yankees struck a winner with one of their picks and went to the toilet for the rest of them

The A's truly loaded up and didn't falter with the 4th overall pick in Gene Beyer

Last edited by powerswingking; 09-11-2016 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:09 AM   #15
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

Kings Ransom MiLB returns to the vault tomorrow with yet another up-to-the-minute full MiLB roster update! Vault upload is Monday, 9/12 @ 3:30 PM PST, download and like for a fully lit MLB The Show experience.

I'm updating the first page of this thread with the details

Last edited by powerswingking; 09-12-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #16
Banned

powerswingking's Arena

I just got home from work a few hours later than projected so there will be a delay but the rosters will still drop @ 7 pm pst
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »