Home

Dowie's HOF Set: Clean Screen, Directional, Classic,

This is a discussion on Dowie's HOF Set: Clean Screen, Directional, Classic, within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2022, 01:36 PM   #33
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Dowie's HOF Set: Clean Screen, Directional, Classic,

Game #8 of day #1 (3rd game in a row using all star level with updated sliders located on page 1/post1)

Nationals (me) at Mets
Strasburg vs deGrom

WAS 6 runs, 12 hits, 1 errors
NYM 3 runs, 12 hits, 0 errors

WAS: 2 2b, 1 hr, 3 bb, 8k, .343 batting avg.
NYM: 2 2B, 2 HR, 1 bb, 13k, 2 hbp .316 batting avg.

WAS: 1 of 6 runs by hr
NYM: 2 of 3 runs by hr

WAS: 161 pitches thrown, 64% strikes, 58% 1st pitch strikes
NYM: 152 pitches thrown, 64% strikes, 64% 1st pitch strikes

WAS: 30 fouls (20%), 29% swing and miss
NYM: 27 fouls, (27%), 33% swing and miss

THOUGHTS:

Before I jump into a recap, the next game I am going to play on the day one schedule is Phi @ Hou (me). I am going to stay on all star, but use S&B's exact sliders. I want to see if the stats are comparable, and how the game plays on "the field". I play every pitch every inning (not quick counts), so it'll be interesting to see if they play good w/o the quick counts feature. Game will be played tonight around 11pm CST w/ recap to follow.

Now, on to this game. I was caught stealing twice.....jumps are still insanely slow regardless of player attributes, and before anyone asks, I follow all the base stealing tips in the most popular threads on OS. I know what I'm doing...the mechanic has been mildly "broken" for a long time.

I had 8 hits against deGrom (mostly weak singles), but that's a-lot of contact against a beast of a pitcher. He did strike me out a ton, so there's that!

Cpu bullpen mgt was good enough again, so no doubt in my mind that S&B have solved that riddle. I won't talk about it anymore.

I have noticed this since day 1, if throw error slider is set to anything over 5, you are almost guaranteed 1 throwing error per game by the catcher on a strike 3 that the catcher drops and the throw takes the 1B off the bag. Happened again to me in this game.

It's programming, but I hate how "clean" balls bounce off the OF walls and how clean OF's play the ball off the walls.

I'd like to see more errors as I've yet to see two in 1 game and I am averaging way less than 1 per game.

7 of 24 hits going for extra bases is something I luv to see. The Mets had a ton of chances to tie/take lead, but in typical Met fashion (except this year), they choked.

I'm sold on all star level, because there's a fantastic flow to it, that I didn't feel playing on HOF. Though I have won 2 of 3 on all star, the cpu is hitting (13 runs, 27 hits vs my 16 runs and 27 hits). I showed these stats, because that issue I brought up in an earlier post may actually be real. That issue is that the cpu mirrors your play. You hit/they hit and vice versa. I need to see a one-sided blowout soon, or I will lean toward believing it's a programming thing. Hopefully I experience this blowout and hopefully it's the cpu blowing my doors off. Maybe it comes when I eventually get to the Giants/SD matchup?

Dowie
Old 09-03-2022, 02:22 AM   #34
MVP

dowie's Arena

Not sure how to request this, but if a moderator wants to delete this thread, please do.

I am going back to MLBTS20 full time......no matter what I tried, I just don't love 22. Nearly all the games feel like they play out the same.

I think it's under the hood programming that I am not fond of, and sliders can't that.

Dowie
Old 09-05-2022, 05:33 PM   #35
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Not sure how to request this, but if a moderator wants to delete this thread, please do.

I am going back to MLBTS20 full time......no matter what I tried, I just don't love 22. Nearly all the games feel like they play out the same.

I think it's under the hood programming that I am not fond of, and sliders can't that.

Dowie
Dowie:

I played MLB 22 for 4 1/2 months and then finally uninstalled it. It was so liberating. Went back to MLB 19 for a few weeks bc that was a personal fav of mine. Reinstalled 22 this morning, played 3 innings of a game in my franchise, and then proceeded to turn it off and uninstall the game again permanently. The game is a total snooze fest in terms of the outcome bandwidth. Boring with a capital B. SDS has struck out.

I, too, am now coming home to roost -- MLB The Show 20 from here on out. It's an amazing game, and it looks absolutely gorgeous on the PS5.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2022, 06:44 PM   #36
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ren
Dowie:

I played MLB 22 for 4 1/2 months and then finally uninstalled it. It was so liberating. Went back to MLB 19 for a few weeks bc that was a personal fav of mine. Reinstalled 22 this morning, played 3 innings of a game in my franchise, and then proceeded to turn it off and uninstall the game again permanently. The game is a total snooze fest in terms of the outcome bandwidth. Boring with a capital B. SDS has struck out.

I, too, am now coming home to roost -- MLB The Show 20 from here on out. It's an amazing game, and it looks absolutely gorgeous on the PS5.
Outcome bandwidth, exactly!!!!!!
That's been the phrase I was looking for, and that's why I gave up on 22.

Is it just me? I couldn't tell the difference between the Dodgers or the Marlins. Every game and opponent feels almost the same as the last one.
When I can pitch to Freddie Freeman the exact same way as I can pitch to a #9 utility type batter and have the same success, something is wrong.

Literally, not a single hitter makes me "scared"....on MLBTS20 I live on the corners and won't dare throw one over the heart of the plate (on purpose).....
BECAUSE THE HITTERS ARE DEADLY

Dowie
Old 11-08-2022, 12:24 PM   #37
Rookie

colepeyton's Arena

OVR: 0

you make a mistake on 20 on HOF a good to great hitter will kill you. On 22 i feel like i can throw a no hitter almost every time out and have a team era around 2. cpu is just punch less most of the time. No doubt they have fixed certain gripes i had with 22 but the cpu just feels helpless way to often.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:46 PM   #38
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by colepeyton
you make a mistake on 20 on HOF a good to great hitter will kill you. On 22 i feel like i can throw a no hitter almost every time out and have a team era around 2. cpu is just punch less most of the time. No doubt they have fixed certain gripes i had with 22 but the cpu just feels helpless way to often.
No doubt about it (unless you increase the cpu hitting sliders (by a ton).
My issue with doing that is, how much are you affecting the under the hood programming and manipulating player ratings?

22 was a tough nut to crack for sure.

Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »