Home

Pitcher stamina sliders

This is a discussion on Pitcher stamina sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Pitcher stamina sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I've been doing some testing with these sliders and how they affect simulated games/stats. Ct30 has tested as well and we found that you definitely want to have SP AND RP stamina slider at 0.

This lowers the amount of complete games a SP has for a season along with innings pitched for all pitchers to a more realistic amount. And yes, these sliders (only ones I noticed) affect sim stats; compare if needed.

Well now I feel even in games played the SP stamina slider set at 0 yields more realistic pitch counts. I already had RP stamina at 0.

In a game I'm playing right now I have Arrieta on the mound for the Cubs. He is rated a 72 for stamina. At 76 pitches I got the notice that he's getting tired. At 96 pitches energy bar is empty.

For his rating that seems right imo...just want to see what you slider gurus think and wanted to make everyone aware of how those sliders particularly affect sim stats.
Just to clarify, do you mean HUMAN stamina sliders, CPU stamina sliders, or both? Thank you
Old 06-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #10
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Just to clarify, do you mean HUMAN stamina sliders, CPU stamina sliders, or both? Thank you
For both human and cpu

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-13-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
I've actually found in games played SP slider at 7 is best. RP still at 0 for both Human and Cpu.

During games simmed you want both, SP and RP stamina at 0.

I alternate between hitting and pitching only so I can play every game. So if I'm hitting, before the game I raise Cpu SP stamina to 7 and leave mine at 0 since I am simulating half innings.

I've really kept close eye on stamina ratings and compared how much energy the simulated pitcher has vs the pitcher playing.

I found that SP stamina at 7 for games played is the best setting to equal with a simulated pitcher with SP stamina slider at 0.

Sorry for the long answer but wanted to be specific and update what I've found. Going to edit OP

Thank you. I will try these.

I try to play every game in my Tigers franchise, and I was already using Human/CPU stamina at 7, and you are right, that works really well.

Gonna adjust the sliders for sim games to 0, and see how it works. Looks like very realistic results, with CG sporadic, instead of a couple every day....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 06:24 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32
Pitcher stamina sliders

I tried 7 last night as I am tweaking sliders for the start of my franchise. I used Shelby Miller who has a stamina rating in the 70s on my roster. I was able to pitch a complete game for a total of 115 pitches. He was out of energy at 109.

That may sound ok at a glance, but here is where the problem lies... 50% of his pitches were fastballs. I think 7 is a little too high for the starting pitcher stamina slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SECElit3; 06-13-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:00 AM   #13
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I may be wrong but I don't think the game decreases stamina difderently for each pitch.

Do you play with classic or meter? I know on classic if you hold x longer the more energy you use. Or at least it's supposed to.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I may be wrong but I don't think the game decreases stamina difderently for each pitch.

Do you play with classic or meter? I know on classic if you hold x longer the more energy you use. Or at least it's supposed to.

Nope, and I don't think it should. Stamina should represent the pitcher's endurance given his repertoire.

Maybe give power arms less stamina by default then, though, I don't know if that's particularly accurate. Only the knuckleball is really noted for being "easy" on the arm (as easy as pitching is going to be on the arm), while the knuckler and sinker are "better" with a tired arm (lower velocity can help the movement on those pitches, which can make them harder to hit).

For classic, I notice a difference with the X button. I try to stay off it unless I really need it for that reason or it's late/last inning I want to get out of him.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #15
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

I hate how arbitrary some of the mechanics are. The effect of stamina in classic pitching shouldn't be as hidden as it is. I wish there was an effort meter that showed when you held X and charged up showing low effort vs high effort and all along the scale. Just to get an idea of how the system really works. I know about the vibration but it still is very up to our interpretation. Are there two levels low effort (non vibration) and max effort (vibration) or is it a scale does a 1/4th hold work different than a 3/4th hold?

I'd love to have the meter to turn on and see how it worked then I could turn it off again once I had the basic idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #16
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

I agree completely. I find myself most of the time just tapping x. Your idea of an "effort meter" is a great one. Definitely needed, especially for those who never used classic pitching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »