Home

Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic

This is a discussion on Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #25
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic

I feel like default is good except for the variety of hits. Every single time I make contact is a fly out or a home run. Nothing else. No infield singles, outfield singles, doubles, or triples. It gets really annoying after a while. I'm probably going to have to find some sliders for hitting that improve the variety of my hits without making me overpowered (If any one can provide me with some that might do that, thanks!)Also, the opposing outfielders seem to make outrageous plays if I do manage to hit a liner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 04:14 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefaho
I feel like default is good except for the variety of hits. Every single time I make contact is a fly out or a home run. Nothing else. No infield singles, outfield singles, doubles, or triples. It gets really annoying after a while. I'm probably going to have to find some sliders for hitting that improve the variety of my hits without making me overpowered (If any one can provide me with some that might do that, thanks!)Also, the opposing outfielders seem to make outrageous plays if I do manage to hit a liner.
I use Amour & Swords. Lots of hit variety. Great set
Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #27
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

All the slider sets are good.

In terms of balls going over the outfielders heads, I see that as often as it happens in real life.

In terms of hit variety and infield singles, I see that as often as it happens in real life.

My experience on default has been very rewarding.

I continue to periodically load some of the slider sets and play with them, but they haven't produced anything better than what I experience on default.

But, I have not jumped in to season or franchise yet, so that may prompt me to need a set. I'd use Armors/Marino or TNk/psycho if I change from default
Old 08-27-2016, 10:58 AM   #28
Just started!

Default All start sliders

Defautl All stars sliders settings are really balanced, There are a wide variety of game results. I f you are playing offline, remember your team will be competing against 29 or 14 CPU controlled teams.So, you would expect one team hitting more than other or pitching better than others. So, If you can not hit or pitch as you want, edit the players in your team, meaning improving those areas you think you are not as good as you want to. This is better is easier instead of changing or trying new sliders everytime.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:24 PM   #29
Rookie

Re: Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic, I think

Are you still playing w/ default slider settings? Are you still pleased with your results?
Old 09-12-2016, 02:32 AM   #30
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah, I have come to the conclusion that the only thing that really needs modding is injuries (I find 6 pretty closely mirrors real life) and trades (somewhere around 7-8, and I have seen total number of trades pretty close to real 16 season numbers).
Old 09-12-2016, 07:21 AM   #31
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefaho
This was the reason I had to try something different. I was getting bored with all my runs coming off of HR's. I couldn't decide on a slider set, so I combined 12 sets and got an averaged out base, that saved the game for me. I'm having a blast with the sliders. Variety of hits I haven't seen all year etc.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #32
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Yeah, I have come to the conclusion that the only thing that really needs modding is injuries (I find 6 pretty closely mirrors real life) and trades (somewhere around 7-8, and I have seen total number of trades pretty close to real 16 season numbers).
After another month of playing, I am noticing too many K's both hitting and pitching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »