Home

TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #17
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019

Going off what Armor did for his sliders, I suspect that you can use these sliders on classic if you knock the difficulty down to HoF.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:56 PM   #18
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Going off what Armor did for his sliders, I suspect that you can use these sliders on classic if you knock the difficulty down to HoF.
Really appreciate your approach to these sliders. I find the game needs very little tweaking on default this year and I'm enjoying the game much - MUCH - more than I anticipated.

I am testing your sliders on Legend and classic, and haven't had any issues thus far (only 5 games). Did a quick search in Armor's thread, but didn't see what was referencing dropping down to HoF. Do you mind elaborating?
Old 04-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #19
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
Really appreciate your approach to these sliders. I find the game needs very little tweaking on default this year and I'm enjoying the game much - MUCH - more than I anticipated.

I am testing your sliders on Legend and classic, and haven't had any issues thus far (only 5 games). Did a quick search in Armor's thread, but didn't see what was referencing dropping down to HoF. Do you mind elaborating?
Honestly, it's just because he's on HoF, and I trust him more than I trust myself eyeballing classic on a whim.

But if it's working for you stick with it. I always say you should start as hard as possible and work your way down to your skill level.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:26 PM   #20
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

V1 up in the vault and in the OP.

I'm still not entirely confident in these sliders, but they certainly qualify for "good enough".

Things were a lot faster this year, mostly due to starting from scratch and not having 8(?) slider sets to manage.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #21
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
V1 up in the vault and in the OP.

I'm still not entirely confident in these sliders, but they certainly qualify for "good enough".

Things were a lot faster this year, mostly due to starting from scratch and not having 8(?) slider sets to manage.

You’re still working on them though right?

Ur sliders were soooo good last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #22
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
You’re still working on them though right?

Ur sliders were soooo good last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thank you, and yes, the work continues. I very much doubt I will "lock in" until mid-summer.

V1 just means I'm past the state of constant flux and am now settling in to much longer term playtesting.

In theory, this should have been when I first posted the thread. It was basically a placeholder up to this point.

In other news, I'm seeing a potential issue this year which, if it continues, may motivate me to make a HoF/HoF set as well. So multiple difficulty levels are still on the table. Once I've locked in my own personal sliders I will consider doing multiple difficulty levels by request, but I will only ever provide support and updates here on the forums. Managing all the uploads I had last year was such a massive pain in the butt.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #23
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Thank you, and yes, the work continues. I very much doubt I will "lock in" until mid-summer.

V1 just means I'm past the state of constant flux and am now settling in to much longer term playtesting.

In theory, this should have been when I first posted the thread. It was basically a placeholder up to this point.

In other news, I'm seeing a potential issue this year which, if it continues, may motivate me to make a HoF/HoF set as well. So multiple difficulty levels are still on the table. Once I've locked in my own personal sliders I will consider doing multiple difficulty levels by request, but I will only ever provide support and updates here on the forums. Managing all the uploads I had last year was such a massive pain in the butt.
When I'm playing Legend, hitting feels good and rewarding, but it's such a grind. If I'm even the least bit distracted and get away from my gameplan, it's chase-city. Pitching on Legend has been wildly inconsistent. In 10-12 games I'm either pitching a shutout w/ 7 hits or 8 runs w/ 15+ hits. The CPU will chase, but my pitches are not missing their bats.

I'm getting ready to drop to HoF, because the game is more fluid for my skill level and, ultimately, more enjoyable.

What have you been seeing?
Old 04-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #24
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

It does seem a bit too difficult to miss bats on legend pitching, and I do find All-star batting a bit too easy.

Thing is levels have all of these weird half steps this year it seems. For example, I cannot replicate the pitch speed of HoF on all-star. 5 is slower, but 6 is faster. I also am not a fan of the feel of HoF this year.

I have been working on a HoF/HoF set, but it is just as likely that I'll stick to all-star/legend and just further nerf hitting for both sides.

I'm heading back into practice mode next time I play.

I'm glad you brought this up though, I wasn't sure if it was my settings or the inflated ratings of my carry over, so I did a play now in a matchup that I hoped would be a low scoring game. I ended up turning it off in the 12th tied 4-4, which is pretty much the biggest non-result I could get.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »