Home

Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 04-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #9
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

First gameplay impression of the game: I have played 6 full games with different opening day matchups. A&S clean screen setup default sliders.

First thing I noticed was my ability to finally sit fastball and react to off speed without changing sliders. The new pitch speed for fastball is game changing first time in a long time I feel the difference between off speed and the heat.

Second thing I noticed is walk rate of cpu pitching. An issues for a long time for this series first pitch strikes and cpu walks are fantastic.

Third is the fielding it’s so clean this year (auto fielding) outfielder jumps, playing the ball off the wall, double plays, routine grounders, fielders running with urgency.

Fourth and last thing. Hit variety’s best it’s been and it has been good the last two years but this year it’s on another level. This has made Directional hitting (the only way I have ever played baseball games) so much more useful and balanced I think for the first time in the series it can be used in online competitive play without penalty. I hit a gap shot to left center with Trea Turner on a fastball away and it brought a tear to my eyes. Before I would of dribbled that down third base line on good timing or just flat out miss the pitch.

Excited for this year. I will get at least two seasons done and with permission from A&S I would like to do a summary of how my chise is going maybe once every two months

PS: as a Nat’s fan I’m plunking Bryce first at bat when he comes back to nationals park

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #10
Pro

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

I use your sliders as a base and adjust slightly, as I play on all star myself and like a couple extra tweaks to match my play ability. I went with your clean screen approach for the first time last year and I am not going back. Was a challenge at first but I got used to it.

My first baseball game was Ken Griffey Jr presents major league baseball. As a teen, I kept detailed stats in a notebook. Until I joined OS, I thought I was the only one that did that.

Top notch work.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:45 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 20

I'm not sure if fielding speed, baserunning speed really has to be adjusted from default. Playing on default, plenty of balls are flying over outfielders heads or dropping in, which was not the case in 2018. Also, while I have always been a classic pitching guy (and probably still will be), trying out Meter on HOF and the strike percentage rates are pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #12
MVP

What are your video settings? Balanced with HDR off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #13
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

Let's Gooooo!!!!

Loved the OP and made me think of how I've been playing The Show since '12 and MLB video games since Triple Play 2002 (I was 5 years old).

Can't wait to plug these in and get going. Loved the part about being patient and sitting on pitches and using your eye and instincts..

Big goal for me this year is to finish in the top 5 as a team in franchise in base on balls. My eye at the plate has improved so much the last couple of years... Not too long ago I was still hacking at anything close. But I still have a lot more work to do to get my game where I want it to be in this aspect. Last year I think I finished 12th or 13th in the league in walks and it was my best year yet. I wanna say it was 16 (maybe 15) where I finished dead last in the league and #29 wasn't even close.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
What are your video settings? Balanced with HDR off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly that. I am also working on my audio settings (I use Sony Gold headphones with the Sony MLB 19 app DL into the headphones) as I load in SOTS over the course of the next several weeks.

Audio this year is simply the best ever. I am blown away. I am also using less cheers and yells because they have added so much around the league in terms of crowd chatter and organs. The ballparks are so alive now. And crowd reactions and swells are so on point!!!

Amazing job to your team SteveSDS
Super Blood Hockey

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Dude. Wow.
I've always been a big fan of your madden sliders and this year I decided to buy a ps4 (the original one) just for MLB The Show. This is an amazing style of gameplay. The broadcast elements are amazing and the fielding has fun variety. Now, I've played and watched baseball my whole life so I know baseball. However, I don't really think I have the timing/eye in mlb the show yet to go to HOF hitting which is why I went all-star hitting and HOF pitching and jumped into exhibition. Jays (me) vs. Orioles.

Won 5-4 in the 10th inning after an amazing 3 run 9th inning that fought me back from down 4-1. My fielders had 2 errors, it was 8 hits vs. 7 hits. The game played unreal. I'm amazingly happy right now. Can't wait to keep practicing and get into HOF hitting as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »