Home

Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2020, 03:24 PM   #49
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders

I am really liking the sliders so far. Only 10 games in but seeing a variety of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
No one source. I used Baseball Reference a lot, but also just good old fashioned Google.
Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app

Never let the pressure exceed the expectations!-Joe Maddon
Old 03-18-2020, 05:09 PM   #50
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Just my opinion, but I do not see it as necessary to lower reaction and fielder speed by more than even 1 this year. Considering the rework they did for animations to jumps in the outfield, this allows gappers and bloops to land in the field of play just fine.

I personally only lowered fielder speed to 4 and left reaction at 5.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:33 PM   #51
Rookie

noahcal11's Arena

Just curious - what's the thinking behind moving CPU manager hook between 2 and 8?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2020, 08:23 PM   #52
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

I chose All Star Hitting difficulty, lowered hitting and pitching sliders and I'm lucky if I get 3 ground outs. Also too many opposite field hits, too many foul balls.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:00 AM   #53
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

I played 3 games today with the current set and saw a good variety of results. I used the slider set as is except both hitting and pitching were on HOF and I used directional / classic with a clean screen. These sliders seem to play well. No complaints.

Edit: both pitch speeds were maxed.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:43 AM   #54
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahcal11
Just curious - what's the thinking behind moving CPU manager hook between 2 and 8?
The 8 is far more important than the 2. 8 is necessary for simmed games and also prevents AI from pitching a setup guy for 2 innings at 40 pitches.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:53 AM   #55
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Only just played my first game with these but im already sold. Played as the White Sox in Arlington, Keuchel vs Kluber, with the only adjustments being stamina at 7 and hook at 6.

Start of the game was slow, small ball move the runner to third then sac fly him home in the beginning to make it 2-0 ChiSox. Then Texas broke the perfect game in the 4th and got 1 back. In the 5th, they got a couple more on and then doubled them both home to make it 3-2. Next half inning, got really ballsy and tagged up Mazara at 2nd to move him to 3rd with a ball hit to medium center, bad throw got him there safely. Next batter hit one to the left center gap but it hung up, yet another sac fly, this time to tie it at 3. Move to the 8th, its 4-3 Rangers, Yaz hits a 2 run shot to left to make it 5-4, Eloy comes up right behind him and hits a BOMB to right, 6-4 Sox. Next half inning comes up, Texas hits a couple no-doubters of their own, also back-to-back, to tie it up. Top of the 9th comes, I get runners to 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs and Abreu up to bat, hits 2 straight pitches FAR to left field, but one is to early and is clearly foul, the other JUST hooks left to also be foul, and Abreu eventually gets called on a check swing to strike out and end a clear opportunity to retake the lead again. Then Shin-Soo Choo beats the shift and doubles to left to lead off, Texas moves him to 3rd, Gallo walks, and the next batter hits a one-hop to the right field corner wall to walk it off.

Even though it was a play now game, and even though I lost, it was easily the best game I've ever played in any The Show game, and just felt exactly like what youd see in a real MLB game.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THE FULL VERSION.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2020, 09:55 AM   #56
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

I’ve always wondered why most slider sets don’t have pitch speed all the way up. Why do you think this is the case, Mike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »