Home

Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-05-2023, 11:03 AM   #3929
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOJOMORRO
A little progress update here. AL East has been finished. Added a couple prospects and rerated a majority of players. Most adjustments stayed within a couple points of their overall in original BR roster, and a lot of the adjustments were potential (Lot of guys that were C and D that should've been maybe B, Some A's and B's knocked down to C.

Biggest Rerates:

John Means – 88 to 81
Garrett Whitlock – 93 to 78
Bobby Dalbec – 64 to 74
Wandy Peralta – 85 to 67
Shane McClanahan – 86 to 95
Erik Swanson – 90 to 79
Tim Mayza – 82 to 72
Vladdy Jr – 93 to 87

Did Wandy Peralta die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2023, 01:48 PM   #3930
Rookie

MOJOMORRO's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

AL West Complete:

Biggest Rerates:

Patrick Sandoval – 87 to 78
Logan O’Hoppe – 64 to 72
Anthony Rendon – 83 to 77
David Fletcher – 83 to 76
Taylor Ward – 76 to 82
Shintaro Fujinami – 83 to 74
Robbie Ray – 87 to 81
Jacob DeGrom – 94 to 99
Nathan Eovaldi – 88 to 80
Andrew Heaney – 83 to 76
Jake Odorizzi – 80 to 69
Jose Leclerc – 88 to 75
Sam Huff – 59 to 72
Clint Frazier – 77 to 65
Ryne Stanek – 90 to 78
Alex Bregman – 94 to 87
Chas McCormick – 71 to 77

Also added 4 prospects

Baseball: Chicago White Sox, Pittsburgh Pirates
Basketball: Chicago Bulls
Football: Chicago Bears
Hockey: Chicago Blackhawks
College Sports: University of Oregon
Old 04-05-2023, 03:14 PM   #3931
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
I was able to play most of the night. I simmed the half inning when I was in the field and just hit.

Long story short I think I’m pretty comfortable starting my franchises with pitch speeds at 9/8 (timing at 5)

My favourite hit was sitting on a first pitch fastball and pulling a 99 mph fastball for a 427-foot homer. You are right - it is glorious!!

This game is extremely frustrating against an ace starter. After my success the first 2 games I was brought back to reality by getting only 4 hits and striking out 16 times in my most recent game. Talk about ugly.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2023, 03:28 PM   #3932
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
This game is extremely frustrating against an ace starter. After my success the first 2 games I was brought back to reality by getting only 4 hits and striking out 16 times in my most recent game. Talk about ugly.

And that is exactly why I loved making this change. Now I fear Ace pitchers and closers a lot more and feel really good when I beat them.

Simply a huge game changer for me. Again though......pitch speeds only have to go as high as you think your hand eye can take realistically.

Burgess for example feels 9/8 is a sweet spot for him. And that is what it is all about. What works for you and your age/skill level/eye sight lol.

I was so apprehensive at first and now I love it. I had plenty of our little community in this thread telling me to do this for years. Now I know why. But I had to feel like I was ready.

It has been a long development cycle for me with this series. When I first started playing this game back on 2009 and developing sliders....I was a hybrid Veteran hitter and All-Star pitcher. Then halfway thru MLB 17’s cycle I made the switch from pure AS to Pure HOF and still feel to this day HOF is perfect for me and using Directional/Classic. But I felt I needed to up the intensity level from the CPU pitching wise and did not want to touch a single gameplay slider other than pitch speed.....and low and behold that is exactly all it needed.

The rest of the sliders are calibrated perfectly for MLB 20 and HOF level gameplay.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-05-2023 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:23 PM   #3933
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
And that is exactly why I loved making this change. Now I fear Ace pitchers and closers a lot more and feel really good when I beat them.

Simply a huge game changer for me. Again though......pitch speeds only have to go as high as you think your hand eye can take realistically.

Burgess for example feels 9/8 is a sweet spot for him. And that is what it is all about. What works for you and your age/skill level/eye sight lol.

I was so apprehensive at first and now I love it. I had plenty of our little community in this thread telling me to do this for years. Now I know why. But I had to feel like I was ready.

It has been a long development cycle for me with this series. When I first started playing this game back on 2009 and developing sliders....I was a hybrid Veteran hitter and All-Star pitcher. Then halfway thru MLB 17’s cycle I made the switch from pure AS to Pure HOF and still feel to this day HOF is perfect for me and using Directional/Classic. But I felt I needed to up the intensity level from the CPU pitching wise and did not want to touch a single gameplay slider other than pitch speed.....and low and behold that is exactly all it needed.

The rest of the sliders are calibrated perfectly for MLB 20 and HOF level gameplay.
Burgess now thinks 8/7 is his sweet spot primarily due to his age, slower reactions, and declining eyesight (but I still yell at the umpire when he rings me up on a bad call!!). Lol!!

I could hit on 9/8 but couldn’t really put any hits together or generate any kind of big inning. Yes, aces should be able to shut you down completely, but they should also have bad games occasionally as well. I don’t see me scoring too many runs on 9/8 and I would like the chance of generating some high scoring games as well. On 8/7 I can still be late on most 95+ heaters, but I can also hit them “perfect” if I’m sitting on them in a hitter’s count and the pitcher grooves one.

I found 6/5 challenging enough most of the time so going to 8/7 is still a pretty big jump for me and provides a great balance between being very challenging, while at the same time giving me the chance to have some higher scoring games. The Yankees and Phillies have pretty good offences so I should be able to hit multiple homers in some games and score more than a couple of runs. These sliders at 8/7 allows me to do that

And, obviously I can always move up if I’m getting to comfortable at 8/7.

Now I just need BostonRob’s rosters……
Old 04-05-2023, 06:40 PM   #3934
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
Burgess now thinks 8/7 is his sweet spot primarily due to his age, slower reactions, and declining eyesight (but I still yell at the umpire when he rings me up on a bad call!!). Lol!!

I could hit on 9/8 but couldn’t really put any hits together or generate any kind of big inning. Yes, aces should be able to shut you down completely, but they should also have bad games occasionally as well. I don’t see me scoring too many runs on 9/8 and I would like the chance of generating some high scoring games as well. On 8/7 I can still be late on most 95+ heaters, but I can also hit them “perfect” if I’m sitting on them in a hitter’s count and the pitcher grooves one.

I found 6/5 challenging enough most of the time so going to 8/7 is still a pretty big jump for me and provides a great balance between being very challenging, while at the same time giving me the chance to have some higher scoring games. The Yankees and Phillies have pretty good offences so I should be able to hit multiple homers in some games and score more than a couple of runs. These sliders at 8/7 allows me to do that

And, obviously I can always move up if I’m getting to comfortable at 8/7.

Now I just need BostonRob’s rosters……

I’m going to try a few games at 9/8 then a few at 8/7. I still feel like I’m late on certain pitches even if I’m sitting on that pitch. I might just take a few swings in practice mode instead and just hit fastballs and see if I can get the timing down better.

Old 04-05-2023, 06:42 PM   #3935
Pro

vertman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

My last 2 games have been break out games in terms of hitting with 10/10 pitch speeds. 10 and 13 hits respectively . Lost both games as I am not scoring runs like I should be. Have been thrown out at the plate 4 times in both of those games.

I feel like I’m getting my timing down now. And yes, Aces are to be feared! Love it. It has also changed the way I play. I am running more, double steals and hit and runs more now than ever.

I think it was Dowie that said you have to focus on every pitch and he is correct. Games are much more intense in my opinion with this change in pitch speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2023, 07:29 PM   #3936
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Here's the thing about pitch speed.....

It's all about the type of Show player you are.

Some just want to grab a beverage, sit on the couch for an hour, relax, maybe chat with the Mrs. during the game and just play ball......chances are max pitch speeds isn't going to be enjoyable for that audience.

Hard core sim baseball nuts who treat this almost as if they are actually playing the sport (just with a controller in their hand)....... that's likely the audience who'll embrace max pitch speeds.

No wrong answers.....play the way that gives you the most enjoyment.

Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »