Home

Throw power and run speed are completely wrong at default

This is a discussion on Throw power and run speed are completely wrong at default within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2021, 01:47 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Throw power and run speed are completely wrong at default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Well it's definitely possible things are balanced differently in 21. Without personal hands on I have no way of knowing.

The clip looks good in terms of running. Bit slow but within margin for error. That ball seemed a little slow for an 80 mph chopper and the OF look a little noodle-armed, but I can hardly call a 2 play clip a big enough sample size to make slider adjustments/suggestions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
The OF has 42 arm strength, so he definitely has a noodle arm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Jeez, I cannot imagine playing with those sliders that high. The game out of box is comically fast and looks silly more often than not.

I play with the fielder speeds at 1 with reaction at 2, and I put baserunner speeds down to I believe 2 as well. My throwing strengths are also around 2 or 3. These settings result in the speed of the game being much more like real life.

On default 5 baserunner speed you'll see average speed guys getting to 1st at around 3 seconds. I feel like at 10 you'd see a 99 speed guy get to 1st within 2.5 seconds which would be the fastest human ever

I've had fielder reaction at zero for years, it used to be the only way to have the catcher not jump out from behind the plate before the batter on balls that don't go far.

Fielder animations in general are too fast but I don't think giving everyone noodle arms makes it look better.

Show me a video with 90+ arm OF actually making a cannon throw with your sliders.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:14 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
I've had fielder reaction at zero for years, it used to be the only way to have the catcher not jump out from behind the plate before the batter on balls that don't go far.

Fielder animations in general are too fast but I don't think giving everyone noodle arms makes it look better.

Show me a video with 90+ arm OF actually making a cannon throw with your sliders.
If I have any plays tonight that show off any strong arms I'll share them here. You can definitely tell who has a strong arm and who doesn't with my sliders, imo, but not everyone will see it the same way. As was stated earlier, in my clip posted earlier, Lorenzo Cain was the one who fielded that double by Albies and threw the ball in. His arm strength is rated at 42, so he has a very weak arm.

A guy like Pache has a very strong arm and makes some nice throws, but I'm not sure I have any clips of him now and he's not on my MLB roster anymore to show off his arm either.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »