Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2022, 10:58 AM   #385
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Welcome Back Armor!!!

I have used your sliders for as long as I can remember after coming over from MKHarsh sliders.

I appreciate your approach to the game and realizing the limitations that sliders do have on any given game. (Sliders tweak games, not fix games)

May The Show 22 bring as much joy to you as 20 did!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2022, 11:01 AM   #386
Pro

Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotters1976
Thank you for these awesome sliders Armor and Sword! I appreciate the hard work and effort that went into it, and your enthusiasm for this great game.

For whatever reason, I just really like using the pitching meter. Is there anyone else who does that with these sliders, and have you had to make any adjustments? Do you think these sliders will work with the pitch meter as is? I felt that I was giving up too many hard hits with the latest sliders. Beta V2 seemed better for pitching, but not for hitting. However, that was only playing a couple of games, and I know that we are suppose to play 25-30 to get a real feel for how things are working.

If I have a hard time with your V1 sliders when I pitch, I may try using TNK's slider rating for Human pitch control and consistency and the CPU's contact, power, timing and foul frequency, your sliders for the rest of the ratings, and see if that hybrid rating system works for me. Has anyone tried anything like that?
I also use meter pitching as I just haven't been able to embrace classic pitching. I haven't played enough of 22 yet, but in 19 and 20 I lowered human control and consistency quite a bit. It varied depending on the game, but I think as low as zero. I found that made meter more of a crapshoot.

I will probably do the same with 22 once I get into a franchise in it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-14-2022, 12:51 PM   #387
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Version 1 has now been updated on the OP

What has changed from Beta 3?

Human Foul Frequency 4 (from 5)

Human/CPU Starter Stamina 7 (from 6)

Human/CPU Reliever Stamina 6 (from 5)

Human Pitcher Consistency 4 (from 5)

CPU Pitcher Control 6 (from 5)

Fielding Errors Infield 6 (from 7)

Keep in mind I pitch with no ball marker, no vibration, no visual aides at all. I hit with no visual aides at all.

When pitching vs a CPU of 6/6 contact and power with human consistency on 4 you are now going to see the ratings/dice rolls really open up on average and below average pitchers when trying to nibble and locate pitches. I noticed a drastic improvement in not being able to just live on the black and now going into deeper counts, and more mistake pitches which will be punished by good/great hitters.

There are certain aspects of this game that are hard coded.....and drastic slider adjustments will not cure and in fact cause the game to be far more wonky and unstable on a game to game basis. These very small but impactful slight knob turns have me locked in to a pure Hall of Fame level experience that I feel very good about for a long term 162 game season.

Results will vary for players with varying degrees of different skill levels.

But one thing is certain.....over the course of a every pitch every inning all 162 franchise you will be rewarded mightily with a great baseball experience. You may go on some great winning streaks but you will also run into a wall of ice cold streaks in both hitting and pitching. Injuries are going to be an absolute factor and test your teams depth. Storylines will emerge....make no mistake.

I hope everyone enjoys MLB 22 as much as I will. I am patiently awaiting the updated and equipment edited “OSFM” (I will always call it that) that is forth coming (no ETA). Or you can dive into your own franchise with whatever roster you want.

Trust the settings. Again I repeat.....trust the settings and play baseball and have fun with it. I suggest not to jump to broad based conclusions until you put in at least 25-35 games. After that tweak to your preference...or not!

Enjoy!!!

How many games have you played so far? Just curious…3 beta sets plus this one. At 30 games per….120 games or more? That’s impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #388
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QN_52
How many games have you played so far? Just curious…3 beta sets plus this one. At 30 games per….120 games or more? That’s impressive!

I have put in close to 45 games now…..I test offline a lot fyi.

I get a great feel typically after 15-20 games being I have played this series for what seems like forever now.

I tweaked as I went along because there are certain “feel” aspects I have always picked up on.

I am probably the lest scientific sider guy out there…..I come from a more “feel” and “outcome” school than a statistical school.

While I love baseball stats as much as the next guy….they are not the driving force in my slider approach. The overall feel of gameplay, variety of outcomes and reversion to the mean typically drive my methods.

The Show is the absolute easiest game to tune sliders far bar none (with the exception of 21).

Hope you enjoy them.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #389
Rookie

thelegitgoat's Arena

Any tips for finding the pitchers release point ? I play on a 27’ inch monitor so maybe I need a camera with a closer zoom?

Old 04-14-2022, 01:46 PM   #390
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegitgoat
Any tips for finding the pitchers release point ? I play on a 27’ inch monitor so maybe I need a camera with a closer zoom?

I use the Fish Eye 2 camera since it is zoomed in a tad more than Fish Eye. If that doesn’t work try Show 15.

Old 04-14-2022, 02:16 PM   #391
Rookie

Can I use zone with these sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2022, 02:43 PM   #392
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegitgoat

I play on a smaller screen like you too. I used to use fisheye but since MLB 20 and so far on 22 I’ve used Wide camera when hitting. It’s a little more zoomed in so easier to see the pitcher and ball but still get good view of the park…the other view I’ve dabbled with is Retro.

Maybe one of those could work for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »