Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2022, 04:26 PM   #401
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Thats a great question. I use directional timing, and if I had to take a guess, I probably influence my swing w/ the stick 50% of the time, maybe even a little less. I don't feel like I am penalizing myself.

I really only influence when the situation calls for it.

I don't think Armor influences on every swing, but I could be wrong.

Dowie

I absolutely do not influence every swing. In fact I am probably 75/25 ratio on:

No influence/influence

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2022, 05:34 PM   #402
Rookie

Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
If you do not influence the swing Directional is exactly the same as timed.

Ok, thanks for clarification!
Old 04-14-2022, 06:40 PM   #403
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotheking9
I play on a smaller screen like you too. I used to use fisheye but since MLB 20 and so far on 22 I’ve used Wide camera when hitting. It’s a little more zoomed in so easier to see the pitcher and ball but still get good view of the park…the other view I’ve dabbled with is Retro.

Maybe one of those could work for you

Way back Armor (for a minute) used the '15 cam zoomed all the way back. I never stopped.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:43 PM   #404
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Sorry I meant to add I also play on a small screen. This gives me a great view of everything.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:40 AM   #405
Rookie

Wanted to give some gameplay updates to give context about how the sliders are working and why playing 162 is so important. I’m using the Royals this year and I sign Conforto to the team. Everyone outside of him, Perez, and Benintendi has been struggling to start the year. 5-9 hitting collectively below .200 bad.

Welp, the Twins came to town, and we all know pitching is not their strength. Mix that with guys that are due for some hits and next thing you know your 5-9 each have a multi hit game in the series and accounted for half the runs scored in the series, a total of 15 runs in 3 games. Even Merrifield went deep off the foul pole on a pitch middle in. Quality starts each of the 3 games, with the only shaky bullpen appearance coming from Amir Garrett who gave up a bomb to Sano and two batters later another one to Sanchez on his only two mistake pitches in the inning.

That’s baseball. The game may not be able to replicate 1:1 what we see in real life, but it gets a lot of things right, and the slider set/gameplay settings only helps enhance that experience.

Good luck to everyone in their franchises this year, and cheers to baseball being freaking back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2022, 01:48 AM   #406
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Thanks Armour.

Been using your set up and sliders the past few days ( tweaked a bit for my own skill level) and have really found my happy zone. Game is playing great with the CPU keeping things competitive.

Going to be keeping this set up for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again.

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-15-2022, 02:12 AM   #407
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Running with a Reds franchise and pitching with Justin Dunn vs the Braves. I hit a 100 pitches in the 5th inning!!!

I’ve never had this challenge pitching before.

Beauty!

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-15-2022, 09:33 AM   #408
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Still playing random franchise test games as I await OSFM with full equipment edits.

White Sox at Angels

I was ambushed!!!! (LOL Derosa reference could not resist). Ended up losing with a final score of:

12-0

Trout destroyed me with 2 HR’s and 5 RBI.

Ohtani shut me down going 7 strong on 102 pitches and 12K’s 4 Walks and 4 hits.

Game is playing incredible. I was matching Ohtani for 4 innings of shut out ball and then the wheels fell off on my location and I hung a slider out to Trout who put it in the seats for the first of his 2 HR’s. I had Lucas Giolito on the bump. He needed up yielding 7 runs before he left in the 6th.

V1 is locked in......unless I see anything wonky over a long period of games....we are locked in folks!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »