Home

New PS4 Gameplay Screenshot!!

This is a discussion on New PS4 Gameplay Screenshot!! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #81
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: New PS4 Gameplay Screenshot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Talk about run on sentence lmao.. All jokes aside, I think it's too early to judge off one small gameplay clip and screen shot. I will say that it does look a bit similar to the ps3 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im not saying it wont look beautiful and we know scea normally does things right or tries to ( see real weather very poorly implemented still) but if you tell me those are the player models I will be seeing the next 5 years thats gonna be tough to swallow and once again there not bad but they just look like old ps3 models in hi def , well I said my peace and Im done with this subject.

How was that run on words ?

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 03-23-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #82
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

There is always the possibly that Sony will redo or perhaps refine the player models at some point during the life span of the PS4. Pretty sure they redid the player models on the PS3 several versions in after people kept complaining about the models having dinosaur arms so there is a chance

Having said that I personally think the player models look just fine. Do I think they are perfect of course not. But I don't think there so bad that it would ruin anyone's enjoyment because the player models are an eye sour or something. I'd be willing to bet that by say MLB 16 The Show you will be more then happy with the player models.

Also what exactly would you guys change about the PS4 player models that would make you happy again?

I did notice that Jason Heyward base running gloves are missing from his back pocket in the MLB 14 The Show PS4 screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1395193807-media.jpg (327.3 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg 1395193811-media.jpg (389.1 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg JasonHeyward.jpg (130.3 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg HeywardHR8.jpg (167.0 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 03-23-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #83
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
There is always the possibly that Sony will redo or perhaps refine the player models at some point during the life span of the PS4. Pretty sure they redid the player models on the PS3 several versions in after people kept complaining about the models having dinosaur arms so there is a chance

Having said that I personally think the player models look just fine. Do I think they are perfect of course not. But I don't think there so bad that it would ruin anyone's enjoyment because the player models are an eye sour or something. I'd be willing to bet that by say MLB 16 The Show you will be more then happy with the player models.

Also what exactly would you guys change about the PS4 player models that would make you happy again?
For me, it's the skeleton of the model. Heyward's face might look good and the jersey textures might be incredibly detailed (even though it would be nice to get some cloth physics working this year ala MLB 2K7, though heavier), but one look at Heyward in real life versus this game and you know that his 240 lb physique isn't close to being represented accurately.

He is a very "slim" 240 lbs in real life. In this game, he has a really bloated look. I'm not saying this is the only issue with player models, even though they were redone in MLB... 10? Suddenly I can't remember what year it was. Anyway, I just think that there needs to be a complete overhaul with them. Yes, it would require every animation to be redone (or re-capped). In the end though, this is a big thing that separates this game from perhaps ever looking "new," as fantastic as it looks.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #84
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
For me, it's the skeleton of the model. Heyward's face might look good and the jersey textures might be incredibly detailed (even though it would be nice to get some cloth physics working this year ala MLB 2K7, though heavier), but one look at Heyward in real life versus this game and you know that his 240 lb physique isn't close to being represented accurately.

He is a very "slim" 240 lbs in real life. In this game, he has a really bloated look. I'm not saying this is the only issue with player models, even though they were redone in MLB... 10? Suddenly I can't remember what year it was. Anyway, I just think that there needs to be a complete overhaul with them. Yes, it would require every animation to be redone (or re-capped). In the end though, this is a big thing that separates this game from perhaps ever looking "new," as fantastic as it looks.

I do get what you are saying. Like it's kind of like taking your 5 year old pair of sneakers and cleaning them. They will like like new but at the same time they will still look like your same old pair of sneakers

I guess what it comes down to is Sony has so many things on there plate that they want to bring to MLB The Show on PS4. And at least in the present time those other things are far more important to add to the game right now. Re creating the player models would take a lot of development time away from those other features that they want to add like "Create a stadium", "Retractable roofs" or even small things like making the numbers on the jerseys without names on the back higher up.

For all we know Sony does plan on completely re doing the players models at some point. These kind of things just take time.

Last edited by tnixen; 03-23-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #85
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
New PS4 Gameplay Screenshot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Did you mean to say that it is "not" the skeleton for you? I only ask because the two things you mentioned:

1) Cloth physics
2) Body type (heavy, muscular, thin, etc.)

do not really have anything to do with animation skeleton.

I may have missed something, but it seems that the issue with the player models on the PS4 is that they should look "new" (which, from what I gather, means different) because it is a new console. And even if they are different in the increased amount of detail and resolution, that is not significant enough.

Am I correct?

Last edited by Woodweaver; 03-23-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #86
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Did you mean to say that it is "not" the skeleton for you? I only ask because the two things you mentioned:

1) Cloth physics

I may have missed something, but it seems that the issue with the player models on the PS4 is that they should look "new" (which, from what I gather, means different) because it is a new console. And even if they are different in the increased amount of detail and resolution, that is not significant enough.

Am I correct?
That's exactly how I'm reading the last page and a half's worth of posts. I think people are wanting something different from last gen artistically.

I'm personally extremely in love with the PS4 screens, including the off cam in-game shot. Even with the way the batter's jersey bunches up with his limbs bent looks great.

And again, that Jey-Hey shot from above! Gives. Me. Chills.

But all art styles are a matter of preference. And so far the PS4 stuff looks very much 'The Show-esque.' I'm happy with that but I understand the desire for something completely different when a new console launches.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #87

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver

1) Cloth physics

Am I correct?
I honestly have no idea what they want.

Everything looks fine to me.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #88
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

I did notice that Jason Heyward base running gloves are missing from his back pocket in the MLB 14 The Show PS4 screenshot.
I know you're kidding about throwing in the missing batting gloves in the pocket. Maybe he dropped them on the way to the plate. In all seriousness we can add those things ourselves...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »