Home

Online Head to Head Impressions

This is a discussion on Online Head to Head Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Online Head to Head Impressions

Right now the show is a mess online but I would not expect perfect either. I keep hearing how good madden was online but I play online franchise (CCM) in madden and an online dynasty in ncaa and though it is good overall there are times the lag is so bad you cannot run outside the tackles or throw down the field.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingles87
This has been a helpful thread. I was planning to trade in my 360 this weekend for a ps4 and the show. The online franchise aspect and excitement on this forum looked appealing. But seeing this thread makes me less excited about online franchise. Do sim leagues develop with minimal user games? Or do people just get used to the lag and play through?

I'm a big baseball fan but haven't played a baseball videogame in 5+ years (MVP 2005 on ps2). Will offline franchise blow me away?
I'm with you man.. but this will impress you. It's very early and Online has improved and it will continue to improve. Playing a successful game online makes me think of those MVP days. It may take a couple of weeks to fix some visuals issues but the game is without a doubt worth buying. I prefer online over anything.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
I was going to buy a PS4 just for this game. I play probably 80% online and these issues are keeping me from buying right now. Hopefully it gets better I want to play so bad!
I'd just wait it out man. This game should be fixed sooner than later. There is plenty of feedback to Sony. I trust that these guys are working hard to fix these things.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #60
Rookie

ncaajunkie's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I just pulled this out the closet lol
Attachment 76628

Sent from da lil phone.
One of my all time favorites! Wish those games worked on ps3.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #61
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

pleasantly surprised how well my first game went online. Got out to a quick 6-0 lead and opponent conceded, overall was expecting some of the weird warping etc, but if youre a sim player then it really doesnt effect you IMO because you can know whats going on and know not to advance when you shouldnt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #62
Rookie

so its still really bad. you expect better online service, especially since its a sony published game.... we are now also paying Sony $50 a year for online, something we did not do during the PS3 era.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #63
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Hustlin your game count? I heard issues of conceded games not counting.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:17 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Here's another example of the "cosmetic" lag affecting gameplay:

On my TV, I saw the runner freeze up on his way to third base, so I pressed the advance runner button to get him moving again.

In reality, he never froze at all. So when I pressed the advance runner button, it accidentally sent him all the way around to home, and he got tagged out.

I think it also accidentally sent the runner forward from first base to second base, as the play ended up being a double play. I couldn't tell what the heck was happening in that circus over at first base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »