Home

Refund Denials for Digital Buyers

This is a discussion on Refund Denials for Digital Buyers within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #57
Pro

boxers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Refund Denials for Digital Buyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b
and who decided to not have those files on your PS4? Not Sony. You decided not to d/l them when they were available.
Yes but I asked for my refund prior to those files being available. My request is made at 9am, the files became available at 3pm. I did not decide to deliver them after I cancelled, Sony is at fault for that. It is unbelievable how quickly people are ready to jump to the defense of a "job creating" corporation. Just because they have more money than you, does not mean they are right.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #58
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

For those that want to get their money back. The easiest thing to do, is to dispute the charge through your bank (or credit card) and let them deal with Sony for you. Simply state that they failed to deliver at the time, blah, blah, blah.

My wife, then girl friend bought me a gift certificate in the sum of $700 and this golf place so that I could get new clubs when I got back from a deployment. Well, they went out of business and would not refund her the money and the store was closed. She called her bank and disputed the charges, and let them sort it all out, at the end of the day she got all the money back.

I doubt a class action lawsuit would really be worth it, after court costs and lawyer fee you wouldn't be getting back the $59.99 you paid. Probably $25-$30 per person at best.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #59
Pro

boxers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
For those that want to get their money back. The easiest thing to do, is to dispute the charge through your bank (or credit card) and let them deal with Sony for you. Simply state that they failed to deliver at the time, blah, blah, blah.

My wife, then girl friend bought me a gift certificate in the sum of $700 and this golf place so that I could get new clubs when I got back from a deployment. Well, they went out of business and would not refund her the money and the store was closed. She called her bank and disputed the charges, and let them sort it all out, at the end of the day she got all the money back.

I doubt a class action lawsuit would really be worth it, after court costs and lawyer fee you wouldn't be getting back the $59.99 you paid. Probably $25-$30 per person at best.
This is very sensible and I might try going this route. Thank you.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #60
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob

But be careful, Sony has been known to ban accounts for disputing charges or doing chargebacks. If you google it you can probably find more information.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Man, take that legal BS somewhere. Damages? You got pissed off because the download wasn't up when it said it would be. C'mon man.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
In all honesty, it was up on day one, just a few hours later than expected. Some of these guys are acting like the game still isn't available for download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #62
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
Yes but I asked for my refund prior to those files being available. My request is made at 9am, the files became available at 3pm. I did not decide to deliver them after I cancelled, Sony is at fault for that. It is unbelievable how quickly people are ready to jump to the defense of a "job creating" corporation. Just because they have more money than you, does not mean they are right.
So you're initmating that Sony is not allowed to mitigate the damages?

If there's an unforeseen circumstance that pops up amid the course of a contract, one side can choose to terminate the contract without the other side's permission, and without them attempting to remedy the situation?

That's the exact opposite of contract law.

Sony's attempt at a reparation of the situation would be to complete the contract itself. Obviously it wouldn't be within the term they set, but it would still be a completed contract.

Your pulling out, before 24 hours even passed, is your knee-jerk reaction. They completed their contract with the rest of the people who entered one with them. And if they choose to return funds to some who asked for it, that's up to them...because once again, they held up their end of the deal.

If you find the timing unsatisfactory, that's your problem.

If you take a case like this to court, not only do you have to prove that they failed to fulfill their end of the agreement, but you have to show their lack of effort in mitigating damages. You didn't give them that chance tho...

See, I can do it too, lol.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was really close to calling Sony for a refund, but not because the game wasn't available for download at 12am EST. I had to download the game FIVE times before it finally completed. Each time before the 5th time the download got stopped for some reason. Finally, the download completed and the issue was resolved. I would have called this evening had the game not downloaded and I guarantee they would have given me a refund. In my situation all I would have had to do was contact the Better Business Bureau and I would have gotten a refund at some point.

For the people who are still complaining that the game was not available for download at 12:01am EST on Tuesday, I'm not sure what to tell you other than get over it.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #64
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
yes, but the files eventually were available. did someone at Sony actually say that you would get a refund, and therefore you went out and bought a physical copy or just go through the process of a refund? Maybe there was a mixup in communication? but as far as legal proceedings go just because the game was not available right at 12:01 seems a little much.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »