Home

Chased pitches - runs per game

This is a discussion on Chased pitches - runs per game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #17
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Chased pitches - runs per game

I think the idea that contact rates are way to low on chased pitches is a perfectly valid concern, actually. I don't pay a TON of attention to it, but I can tell you I've never seen a player pop a home run on a ball out of the zone.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 06-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #18
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Nomo is one of the people I disagreed with when he and a vocal minority of others were pressuring the devs to change gameplay for this year's version of the game because I thought mlbts13 gameplay was excellent.
What? This is a pretty bold statement.

Care to back this claim up?
Old 06-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #19
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I think the idea that contact rates are way to low on chased pitches is a perfectly valid concern, actually. I don't pay a TON of attention to it, but I can tell you I've never seen a player pop a home run on a ball out of the zone.
I think it's telling that you can't bunt a ball that doesn't touch the strike zone, and that you usually just foul off pitches right on the edge.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
During my testing I saw 1 home run on a chased pitch. 1 in 100 games, 6,000 + plate appearances.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
What? This is a pretty bold statement.

Care to back this claim up?
What part of that was a bold statement? Gameplay was excellent in mlbts13 or nomo was part of a small but vocal group advocating for changes to gameplay?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046031578

What is really funny is nomo now has a slider set out to correct changes made to gameplay which came about in part because of his advocacy based upon his extensive testing - using random strike zones.

I would be happy is one thing would happen. Brian@scea reveals what sliders to adjust to put the game back to where it was last year. For me, others disagree, accurate run totals are far more important than accurate chased pitch totals.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
During my testing I saw 1 home run on a chased pitch. 1 in 100 games, 6,000 + plate appearances.
I actually just saw one myself last night. And I hit a double on a pitch off the plate inside. First two really solid hit balls on pitches out of the zone that I've seen.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #23
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

I'm not discussing the gameplay engine. I have my own views on it.

I'm discussing why on earth you think Nomo or anyone was a catalyst for the gameplay engine to get re-written?

Brian slaves over the code. These changes were SCEA's and I can assure you it wasn't done as a result of any one or any small group of players.

They make changes as they see fit for the betterment of realistic baseball between the lines. Whether or not you agree they accomplished that is healthy dialog (which is why I've urged you to share your complete data and testing methods), but singling out other people being responsible is foolish and naive.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I'm not discussing the gameplay engine. I have my own views on it.

I'm discussing why on earth you think Nomo or anyone was a catalyst for the gameplay engine to get re-written?

Brian slaves over the code. These changes were SCEA's and I can assure you it wasn't done as a result of any one or any small group of players.

They make changes as they see fit for the betterment of realistic baseball between the lines. Whether or not you agree they accomplished that is healthy dialog (which is why I've urged you to share your complete data and testing methods), but singling out other people being responsible is foolish and naive.
Since your first post in this thread you have been dismissive and demeaning to my results and yet I don't see you posting any results of your own which indicated you don't have any.

I played 100 games in manage mode and posted results. I have since played another ten games and it is as bad or worse. If you aren't willing to do the work and put in the time required then I question what exactly you are doing replying to this thread.

Play 100 games in manage mode, default sliders, umpires off. Post results. I suspect your attitude will change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »