Home

MLB 15 The Show: What needs to change in order for you to purchase

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: What needs to change in order for you to purchase within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:55 PM   #25
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: What needs to change in order for you to purchase

Sadly I'll probably be passing on anymore show yearly purchases, I have bought the show since 07.
For me and it's been mentioned before also but franchise is DRY, unattached, no man's land, feel like I'm stuck on an island in the middle of the ocean... Yadda yadda yadda.. You get the picture, same with rtts.
Personally I'm surprised I have bought it this many years in a row. My major gripe you ask? Stats!!!
I'll say it again, I am dumbfounded that a game with this much detail just utterly fails at Stat tracking. Yes I know it couldn't be done with the game on the ps3 without a total rewrite of the code. (I may have misstated that, if so I apologize) now I have my own theory on that reason. Either way it is just ridiculous to me!!!
Obviously there's many good ideas out there on how they can raise their game when it comes to franchise and rtts, but for me I won't even consider buying anymore until there are a full assortment of stats tracked and saved year to year AND presented in a reasonable fashion and sorted much more efficiently.
Unfortunately I have my doubts this will happen anytime soon, but time will tell and I will stay on the sidelines until that happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #26
Rookie

MLB 15 The Show: What needs to change in order for you to purchase

One thing.

Bring back Move batting.

Seems like with the awesome new camera you should be able to actually track a swing- angle, arc, position in the zone etc., and adapt that to major league strength/speed.

Even though it was only contact hitting before, it was still the Move that made this my go to game.

You could always leave the old settings for someone who just wants to sit on the couch and twitch the Move at the right moment....

Honestly, it's boring hitting with sticks and without the ability to stand up in my living room and swing away, I'm probably done.

Other than that, I'm impressed with the port and only expect things to get better as they fully transition to next-gen.

Love the outfielder view in RTTS, though wish the ball was a little lower in your field of view ( more centered, like you were really looking at it)
Maybe adapt that view for infield pop ups, too.

Last edited by Filed.Teeth; 08-22-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #27
Pro

The only thing they need to change isn't something they need to change. I just want Sounds of the Show back. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but I've just been unmotivated to play it consistently without being able to hear my music in-game.

Outside of that, I'm happy with everything else
Old 08-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #28
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

-Improved pitching, batting, and fielding animations
-improved framerates
-Actual Single A ball a la MVP baseball 05
-More stadium control, even going as far as to build a new stadium for your team.
-Relocation
-Expansion mode
-A rating revolving around how hard a player plays. I'm tired of every. single. player. running out every single hit like they desperately need to get on. What's a routine groundout IRL, is an infield single in the game
-More player customization options, more hairs, more beards, more gloves/shoes/bats(size/weight, changes bat speed and compactness of swing etc) etc.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #29
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
-improved framerates
-More stadium control, even going as far as to build a new stadium for your team.
-Relocation
-Expansion mode
-A rating revolving around how hard a player plays. I'm tired of every. single. player. running out every single hit like they desperately need to get on. What's a routine groundout IRL, is an infield single in the game
-More player customization options, more hairs, more beards, more gloves/shoes/bats(size/weight, changes bat speed and compactness of swing etc) etc.
2 teams I love to play with cause they are small market are Oakland and Tampa but just can't get into it because of their poor stadiums. They really need create a Stadium.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #30
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
-improved framerates
-Relocation
-Expansion mode
Pretty much this stuff. As a guy that's new to the Playstation, and therefore has been stuck playing MLB 2K over the past few years, this game isn't stale at all to me. It's been amazing getting to play a legitimate baseball game. But these additions above would be nice.

Sidenote: Is there a way to cut off throws? Not throw to the cutoff man but like if I throw home and want to cut it off to get a guy out at 3rd, is there currently a way to do that? There definitely should be.

And anyway to simplify baserunning a bit would be greatly appreciated. That's easily been my biggest adjustment playing The Show for the first time. It's very difficult to control multiple baserunners at once compared to how it worked in MVP and 2K.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Sidenote: Is there a way to cut off throws? Not throw to the cutoff man but like if I throw home and want to cut it off to get a guy out at 3rd, is there currently a way to do that? There definitely should be.
Nope. You have to throw to the cut off man from the start. No "cut it off" button for throws already in progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #32
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Nope. You have to throw to the cut off man from the start. No "cut it off" button for throws already in progress.
That's definitely something that should be added then. I honestly can't believe that there's a baseball game as good as The Show that doesn't offer that ability.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »