Home

MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #41
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Ive always thought 16 was going to be the firs big graphics overhaul. It will be the first version with a full dev cycle. And until the PS3 version stops being made it will never be as good as it could be.
Well then lets all pray that this will be the last year for the PS3 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #42
Rookie

Re: MLB 15 The Show Trailer, Features Licensed Equipment, Release Date March 31, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
i hope they leave the generic gear in the game still. i liked being able to customize everything. and they better have rawlings and louisville slugger as options...if its just nike batting gloves and cleats im gonna be kinda disappointed.

i dont know why everyone is complaining about the player models. i think the players look really good every year.

and legends will be sick.
I think legends will be fun...but they seem...like...when you put a rug over the stain on the carpet in hopes you forget there's a problem. The commentary and presentation need to be revamped far more than we need the availablity to hit as a liscenced Ken Griffey JR in HR Derby mode (and the user created Griffey's for example, were wonderful as is).

The legends won't change the landscape of anything outside of exhibition or maybe some of the card-collecting modes. They'll be fun...but feel frilly. Not necessity. I'd rather get more necessities down pat and add frilly stuff as DLC's (check out EA Sports UFC for a better blue print of that. They've added wonderful content throughout the year after getting a pretty good base down).
Old 12-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #43
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Ive always thought 16 was going to be the firs big graphics overhaul. It will be the first version with a full dev cycle. And until the PS3 version stops being made it will never be as good as it could be.
I'll have to agree with you on this, actually I was thinking more mlb 17 or 18 right when the ps3 version is phased out. I recall alot of complaints about player models alligator arms for years on the ps3 and it wasn't until mlb 9 or 10 when that finally changed. And it wasn't until mlb 11 where they were really hitting their strides with graphics and game play. It sucks having to wait a few years into the development cycle of a new Gen console. But with a crew as small as the shows and working on 3 sku's at the same time, they do do a damn good job on putting out a solid playable game year after year.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #44
Just started!

Licenced equipment is good because in RTTS we might get sponsorships and stuff like that. This will add to a more immersive experience
Old 12-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #45
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I'll have to agree with you on this, actually I was thinking more mlb 17 or 18 right when the ps3 version is phased out. I recall alot of complaints about player models alligator arms for years on the ps3 and it wasn't until mlb 9 or 10 when that finally changed. And it wasn't until mlb 11 where they were really hitting their strides with graphics and game play. It sucks having to wait a few years into the development cycle of a new Gen console. But with a crew as small as the shows and working on 3 sku's at the same time, they do do a damn good job on putting out a solid playable game year after year.
Well Said!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #46
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Very underwhelming first info. Graphically the same as The Show 14 which already wasn't that amazing- I know it's early but I guess if they created new player models they wouldn't release a trailer featuring actual gameplay with the old ones but find another solution to present the game at this early point..

And it seems like a joke if those 3 features (legends-idc, equipment-nice but minor, year to year saves- was already for 2014) are some of the more outstanding ones.
I'm just hoping there will be more or they really invested the time this year to fix all those minor annoyances that accumulated.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 12-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #47

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

I can't wait for March 31st, but I can't help but be underwhelmed, just judging by a simple initial trailer.

- Graphics look exactly the same. Which means the player models are still the same from the PS3. Not sure how strongly I should feel about this.

- They might not be ready to release more information, but Legends and Authentic Equipment don't have me hyped for the new game or anything.

I'm expecting more to come shortly, so no reason to worry
Old 12-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #48
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

For me, being a roster guy, I'm not a fan of the March 31st release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »