Home

One necessity: MLB The Show 15/16 animations

This is a discussion on One necessity: MLB The Show 15/16 animations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #57
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: One necessity: MLB The Show 15/16 animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
A variation in speed would be nice, but I think what we need is slower, not faster.

If a fielder is not running full speed, it's most likely because he is not sure where the ball will land, or because he's slowing down to prepare for a catch, or to reach down for a ball on the ground etc...

An algorithm that encourages you to slow down to a "comfortable" speed in exchange for a higher catch success rate...

Slow jog animations for routine fly balls.

Runners jogging to second if you aren't holding down the run button AND the base is clearly, easily yours (ball is not even retrieved yet).

Those are more along the lines of what I'd like to see.

I like that idea too, I didn't even consider needing things to be slower, but you are right. Really, anything that make the game feel more natural and fluid. I guess the biggest thing for me is having more control or more to do, I like playing games and not games playing themselves for me. its gotten a bit stale just pressing what base I want a player to go to and then letting the cpu do the rest, I want to be more involved.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:56 AM   #58
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I think improving the player appearances would be a huge deal for The Show. Updating equipment, animations, and/or batting stances/walkups/pitching motions would certainly help in this area, but the most glaring issue with MLB 14 TS were the unrealistic beards on so many players. There were WAY too many players with facial hair they hardly, if ever, even sported (Adam Jones, Chris Davis, Mark Trumbo come to mind).
I took to calling Victor Martinez "Evil Goateed VMart" because of this...

Also what's wrong with pointing out the few things MLB2K actually got right and hoping MLB the Show surpasses them? These features people are pointing out with 2K definitely aren't a dealbreaker for me but it would be nice for MLB the Show to have them.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 17

Time to bring this to attention once again.
These impressive models are nothing without the player animations.

I'm talking walk ups,practice swings, etc...

Needs to be in the game! Everything the players do when they walk up to bat... Be observent! Then it's perfect!
Old 02-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #60
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Hate to bring this about but check out 2K Sports MLB 2K8 for reference. I mean it's ridiculous to bring up a game from back then that not many considered great. Fact is, they captured most batter & pitcher animations down to a tee. I mean almost everything for starters! If only we could get that kind of attention to animation to go along with the look of this series on PS4.
Wow. I can't believe that the 2K games are remembered so fondly. They were complete garbage. I bought a PS3 in 2008 just so I could play The Show, and because 2K baseball was so bad
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #61
Banned

Sony San Diego hates that it's so simple when it's really so easy!!
It's all in the animations from this point on. The game plays & looks great.. MAKE THEM MOVE RIGHT!!! That's what's missing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #62

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Wow. I can't believe that the 2K games are remembered so fondly. They were complete garbage. I bought a PS3 in 2008 just so I could play The Show, and because 2K baseball was so bad
Not many (and no one in this thread) remember the game as a whole fondly at all.

Just certain aspects of it.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Wow, can't believe that most don't expect more from their games.
Good things come from all over the place. Combine everything and you have a hit.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #64
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

I. Don't. Understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Sony San Diego hates that it's so simple when it's really so easy!!
It's all in the animations from this point on. The game plays & looks great.. MAKE THEM MOVE RIGHT!!! That's what's missing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »