Home

MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #97
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
The fact that i play QC only makes me think the other things might only happen in regular games.Just a thought.
I use QC's as well.
I will try a few games without them.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-17-2015, 10:33 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 0

I do miss calling alot of the pitches from regular games,but otherwise i like QC much better mostly because i finished a whole season last year and played every game In fact i played over 300 last year lol!
Warriors
Sharks
Old 04-17-2015, 10:36 PM   #99
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
I do miss calling alot of the pitches from regular games,but otherwise i like QC much better mostly because i finished a whole season last year and played every game In fact i played over 300 last year lol!
If they ever allow us to choose pitch type and location...is when I would likely go back to no QC's.
I begged them to add them in (ala ASB2005) as I used them exclusively in that game and LOVED it....
I miss calling for pitches like High Heat.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #100
Pro

If they let us call the pitches 100% i'd go back I loved High Heat,that was after i stopped playing the original Micro League Baseball for the Commodore 64.Played 14 full seasons 8 team league managed everygame for my number 1 team lol
Warriors
Sharks
Old 04-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #101
S2S
Rookie

S2S's Arena

OVR: 6

Playing today's Braves game against the Blue Jays & one of the Jays hit a hard line drive to short. Andrelton Simmons went to jump up for it, whiffs it & it nails him directly behind the ear. He had to leave the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 12:16 AM   #102
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Really?

1) You have not noticed that they have completely removed pickoffs at 1st base out of the game? Pickoffs worked fine in MLB 13 where you could be picked off, but you could also pick the opposition off. In MLB 14 they changed the game where the CPU would never try and pick you off because they removed the extra step the base runners would take when you called for a steal or a hit and run out of the game. But in some rare instances we could still pick off base runners in MLB 14. Now in MLB 15 picking off base runners has been completely removed from the game. How is that an improvement?

2) You have not noticed the high number of suicide squeeze plays at home plate. Of course this condition effects all game modes, not just MoM games. But the suicide squeezes are a huge flaw in this build.

Don't let the awesome graphics, new player animations and new ball physics fool you into thinking they changed the MoM code base this year. Nothing new concerning the actual game play was added.

In your opinion is mlb the show 13 the best version to play MOM on????
Old 04-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
In your opinion is mlb the show 13 the best version to play MOM on????
If you ignore the graphics improvements and the new animations which effects all gameplay modes, there really isn't that much difference between MoM gameplay in the last three years. I said and still stand by the statement that at least in MLB 13 we could pick off runners and be picked off ourselves. From that point of view, yes MoM games were better. Now I can't remember if Hit and Runs were all borked out in MLB 13, but they definitely were in MLB 14 when that game was first released. However a mid-season MLB 14 patch did make them better and while I rarely ever see my base runner make it to 3rd on a hit and run, at least since that hit and run patch I can stay out of some double plays whereas before the patch all I ever saw was foul balls when I called for the hit and run.

So aside from that what has changed, well they took away the "Runners" HUD window in the latest build (which also effects CPU vs CPU games). However I just looked at the defect I raised and it appears we can expect good news on that front. The defect concerning the "Runners" HUD window has been moved from it's initial "Open" state to a "In progress" state. I doubt we will see pickoffs come back into the game as it appears they purposely were removed for the Human vs CPU games. But I still liked the "Runners" HUD windows as I could keep an eye on the play as well as where the base runners were at the same time. Of course there is no way this would ever make it's way into the game any time soon, but what would be cool for MoM games was if we could control the 3B coach in terms of giving our base runners the green or red lights.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10273

Last edited by My993C2; 04-18-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #104
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
If you ignore the graphics improvements and the new animations which effects all gameplay modes, there really isn't that much difference between MoM gameplay in the last three years. I said and still stand by the statement that at least in MLB 13 we could pick off runners and be picked off ourselves. From that point of view, yes MoM games were better. Now I can't remember if Hit and Runs were all borked out in MLB 13, but they definitely were in MLB 14 when that game was first released. However a mid-season MLB 14 patch did make them better and while I rarely ever see my base runner make it to 3rd on a hit and run, at least since that hit and run patch I can stay out of some double plays whereas before the patch all I ever saw was foul balls when I called for the hit and run.

So aside from that what has changed, well they took away the "Runners" HUD window in the latest build (which also effects CPU vs CPU games). However I just looked at the defect I raised and it appears we can expect good news on that front. The defect concerning the "Runners" HUD window has been moved from it's initial "Open" state to a "In progress" state. I doubt we will see pickoffs come back into the game as it appears they purposely were removed for the Human vs CPU games. But I still liked the "Runners" HUD windows as I could keep an eye on the play as well as where the base runners were at the same time. Of course there is no way this would ever make it's way into the game any time soon, but what would be cool for MoM games was if we could control the 3B coach in terms of giving our base runners the green or red lights.

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10273
Ditto all you have said...do you think we will get at least cpu pick off attempts back in patch this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »