Home

MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

I love all the suggestions made in this thread. Nice thinking.

The only thing further beyond them that I would love to see added would be a HYBRID style of play: 1/2 Inning MOM-1/2 Inning played normally (i.e. Manage Only the defense side--with the "called pitches and locations option" previously mentioned--and then actually playing out the offensive OR vice versa). If this was implemented I would play this style almost exclusively.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:14 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 2

I just finished another MoM game and it appears the reason why the "Runners" HUD windows were removed was because the base runners no longer take that extra step from their leads on 1st base when there are no runners on 2nd. Because the base runners no longer take that extra step, there is no longer the need to try and pick the base runners off and since there is no point in trying to pick someone off there is no point in having the HUD (of course the HUD is also useful when the ball has been hit especially hit into the outfield). Back to trying to pick the runners off, granted in MLB 14, I must have tried to pick them off hundreds and hundreds of times and only ever succeeded twice and that was when I had a leftie pitcher on the mound with a good move, the opposition had a sub par base runner who still took that extra step and was frozen on the pitcher's move to 1st. We were told MoM worked the same in MLB 15 than it did in MLB 14, but clearly this is not the case as slowly features of the mode are being removed.

Oh and I have seen my CPU opponents successfully execute a hit and run against me, but I have only tried to hit and run myself in MLB 15 a few times (none of my attempts have worked) and my sample size of hit and runs is too small at this time to have an opinion on the topic. Any comments on hit and runs in MLB 15? They worked after a patch in MLB 14, but do they still work?

PS: my game was not all that negative. Okay I lost the game that was negative LOL, just like in the real world my virtual Rockies pitching staff failed me this evening in a 7-4 loss to the Rangers. But the cool thing was how the crowd thinned out in the late innings of the game. There was only a handful of people in the stands along the 1st and 3rd base lines. But a large portion of the people who stayed until the end of the game gathered all together in the grand stands near home plate, just as they would at a real game. haha

Last edited by My993C2; 04-02-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:18 PM   #59
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I just finished another MoM game and it appears the reason why the "Runners" HUD windows were removed was because the base runners no longer take that extra step from their leads on 1st base when there are no runners on 2nd. Because the base runners no longer take that step, there is no longer the need to try and pick the base runners off and since there is no point in trying to pick someone off there is no point in having the HUD (of course the HUD is also useful when the ball has been hit especially hit into the outfield). Back to trying to pick the runners off, granted in MLB 14, I must have tried to pick them off hundreds and hundreds of times and only ever succeeded twice and that was when I had a leftie pitcher on the mound with a good move the opposition had sub par base runner who still took the extra step and was frozen on the pitcher's move to 1st. We were told MoM worked the same in MLB 15 than it did in MLB 14, but clearly this is not the case as slowly features of the mode are being removed.

PS: my game was not all that negative. Okay I lost the game that was negative LOL, just like in the real world my Rockies pitching staff failed me this evening in a 7-4 loss to the Rangers. But the cool thing was how the crowd thinned out in the late innings of the game. There was only a handful of people in the stands along the 1st and 3rd base lines. But a large portion of the people who stayed until the end of the game gathered all together in the grand stands near home plate, just as they would at a real game. haha
I doubt that's the reason.
I'm pretty sure you had to choose the pickoff attempt before you saw if the runner was taking the extra lead.
I have already mentioned that I believe no extra lead is the reason however that pitchers don't throw pickoff attempts.

....also....I just stole third with Eric Young Jr. in my current M.O.M. game vs. S.F.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
....also....I just stole third with Eric Young Jr. in my current M.O.M. game vs. S.F.
LOL .. I used to have Eric Young JR on the Rockies back in MLB 13 and he was the 99 rated guy I was thinking of when I said I failed to steal 3B even with a 99er. Of course that was MLB 13 ... two iterations ago. Plus perhaps slider settings are a influencing factor here. Perhaps my base stealing slider settings could be tweaked. But I see plenty of stealing at 2nd base. I don't want to make them worse just to be able to steal 3rd. Because I play with a good hitting team I am contempt to take my chances that the batter will drive me home from 2nd.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:37 PM   #61
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
LOL .. I used to have Eric Young JR on the Rockies back in MLB 13 and he was the 99 rated guy I was thinking of when I said I failed to steal 3B even with a 99er. Of course that was MLB 13 ... two iterations ago. Plus perhaps slider settings are a influencing factor here. Perhaps my base stealing slider settings could be tweaked. But I see plenty of stealing at 2nd base. I don't want to make them worse just to be able to steal 3rd. Because I play with a good hitting team I am contempt to take my chances that the batter will drive me home from 2nd.
I usually don't even try in my "real" franchise games...
I'm just playing some M.O.M. games to test things for sending the list to SCEA.
I just happened to read your post about it.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 11:37 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I doubt that's the reason.
I'm pretty sure you had to choose the pickoff attempt before you saw if the runner was taking the extra lead.
Yes that is what I mean. With the HUDs I could see when the base runners took that extra step and then I would choose to throw over to 1st. I made the attempt hundreds and hundreds of times in MLB 14 and only ever succeeded twice. But now the base runners don't even take the extra step. At least in three games I have yet to see them and trust me when you play as the Rockies the opposition gets plenty of base runners on base in a game.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:13 AM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal67
I really enjoy MoM as my go to when I don't play rtts. For some reason I want to control MY guy but have the game control with me managing the OTHER guys.
This is the way I feel and am going this year.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:18 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 0

I've never played Manage Only; can you call for a bunt?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »