Home

MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:35 AM   #89
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions

I gave this mode another chance and I'm loving it now since I know u have to hold it I'm getting hits. I finally hit my first hr with David Ortiz

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 AM   #90
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I've played 4 games so far using directional hitting and I'm liking it. Once I get 2 strikes though I don't try to influence the ball and just stick to timing my swing.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:05 AM   #91
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
So what's the difference between this and swing influence from the past?
Good question. I'm honestly not sure, aside from the obvious (a new OSD, a camera that changes, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 01:12 AM   #92
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
I've been using the batting practice and I think i'm going with directional for the time being. It feels a lot like the MVP system and makes a ton of sense to me now.

Zone hitting I like but it involves a lot of thumb gymnastics and from years past I would have a meatball pitch lined up with perfect timing with the PCI right on top of the ball and all I would get is a ground ball.

Still need a couple games to determine for sure but it's directional for now

I don't really get how zone is more thumb gymnastics has both zone and this is moving the left stick so really using it is like using zone when it comes to how you control it.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:58 AM   #93
Rookie

Been playing the show for two years now and used zone. After a couple games this year always late obviously with zone hitting pushing ball to opp I switched to directional or timing.. not even using the directions I was pulling ball more, hitting into gaps and more homers.. I feel like I've been cheated for two years not using timing online but zone. Seems to take skill out of game using directional but I feel like the playing field just got even... anyone else feel like timing or now directional is kind of cheap compared to analog and zone?
Old 04-02-2015, 06:17 AM   #94
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

The directional hitting is an awesome hitting mode. I was always a timing guy and you can still do that just like all the other years and it works the same as timing no difference, but the cool thing is if you are looking for a certain pitch location it allows you to move the camera a slight bit in and out up and down. This will let you focus more on trying to hit the ball the other way or pulling the ball in different situations. I don't use it that much but it is nice it's there if I need it to try and move runner over or hit behind a runner...If you are not using the dynamic camera for offense then you are missing out!!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:45 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 10

For people like me who play in broadcast view while hitting AND pitching, this new hitting mode has FINALLY made that possible. In this view, it was never clear and nobody could ever seem to answer whether the hot zones responded to the batter's point of view or the pitcher's, whether influencing left was player specific or camera specific, it was just a mess. Now it's SO much easier. You wanna swing away to push the ball, swing to that direction. You wanna pull, swing in THAT direction. But the camera specific nature of Directional Hitting makes it so that none of those questions matter anymore because it's so straightforward. I don't see how it makes things more challenging as people say. I think it's brilliant and more intuitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 07:23 AM   #96
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Haven't seen many people mention it so I'll put it out there :

Guys remember that batter tendencies play a factor in this as well.

If you try to go opposite field with an 'extreme pull' hitter you won't have as good of results as if you attempt to go opposite field with a 'push' hitter.

To access the spray charts for each hitter press options during your at bat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »