Home

MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
I plan to start mine with the Cubs as soon as a decent roster drops(if anybody has seen anything please let me know. Doesn't have to be OSFM, just wouldn't mind having the majority of prospects without rating adjustments and stuff).

I plan to play several games in spring training to get a feel for each of the players as there are several positions up for grabs. Left field, and the pitching rotation are the main areas of concern. Kris Bryant will more than likely start the season at 3rd base, although I may give him some looks in left field as one of my obvious needs will be to try to acquire a left fielder if Kris Bryant can't man the position. Junior Lake is more of a utility outfielder than an everyday starter in my eyes and I don't believe Albert Almora is ready for the big leagues as of yet either. 3rd base could be a really nice spot for Addison Russell if he could continue to develop and develop some power to go with the position as well.

I also will look to upgrade my pitching rotation a bit, as I expect Kyle Hendricks to take a step back and eventually be send down to AAA for more work. I will target a #3 or #4 caliber starter to replace him(depending on how well I pitch with Edwin Jackson in spring training). Edwin Jackson & Kyle Hendricks will fight for the #5 spot in the rotation with Lester,Arreita, Wood, & Hammel in the other spots.

Im excited to get started as soon as I can find a decent roster.
There is a Top 150 Prospects in the vault.. Not sure how it is. I was going to go with the opening day live roster and roll. doesn't matter to me either about OSFM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Began with the Mets. 10 games into the season, i am 3-7. Lost 3 games in extra-innings. 2 in a row afainst the Nats. Were down 2 in the 9th against the Phillies and won. It makes so much fun.

I'm 11th in BB, thats hard to do, but you have to be patient. Hit 11 Homeruns, Wright leads the team with 3 followed by Duda, Cuddyer and Granderson with 2.

Need to score more runs, my pitching is decent tho.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #43
Rookie

SeanTheShow33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posada
Began with the Mets. 10 games into the season, i am 3-7. Lost 3 games in extra-innings. 2 in a row afainst the Nats. Were down 2 in the 9th against the Phillies and won. It makes so much fun.

I'm 11th in BB, thats hard to do, but you have to be patient. Hit 11 Homeruns, Wright leads the team with 3 followed by Duda, Cuddyer and Granderson with 2.

Need to score more runs, my pitching is decent tho.

Realistic, But it's early on. IMO Dilson Herrera is a good guy to move to short and let Flores spell Wright to keep him fresh. Herrera would need to play short in AA tho.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:41 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

continued my 2014 franchise I'm currently down 2-1 in the 2015 NLCS vs the Pirates. Their bats have gotten the best of Kershaw and Ryu while Grienke led the team to a game 2 win. gonna be a tough series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Decided to start an AL franchise to set my difficulty/sliders right before eventually starting my Mets franchise.

Tampa Rays were the winners. Solid young rotation, in the AL East to play games against the Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, and Jays.

Who knows, maybe I enjoy using them and I end up completing the whole 162 game grind with them.

Starting off 2-0 vs. the Orioles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 08:37 PM   #46
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I am going to pick a bad team and roll with it or do a fantasy draft. Not sure I want to wait for OSFM rosters before I started a franchise. Rosters are amazing, but I just want to get going.
I went ahead and started without waiting. For one, will be towards the end of May or early June in my season by the time OFSM is out. And that's me playing 13 games per month rotating to pitch with everyone either 2 or 3 times per month.

Second, I don't really need it to have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
There is a Top 150 Prospects in the vault.. Not sure how it is. I was going to go with the opening day live roster and roll. doesn't matter to me either about OSFM
This is what I have. Now I'm no avid baseball fan so don't know even the top 10 let alone 150 prospects. I know Fransisco Lindor, Kris Bryant, and Addison Russell and that's it lol. So for someone like me this roster is great!

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-03-2015, 08:45 PM   #47
Rookie

xCULLO's Arena

Just finished my first game with the Dodgers and threw a 3-hit, 10K shutout with Clayton Kershaw to win 1-0. The MVP also drove in my lone run of the day! Sound familiar?

Another awesome note, when I returned to the Franchise menu and advanced the day ahead, I listened to the Radio Show and heard that Matt Harvey tossed a No-Hitter! Pretty awesome!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #48
Rookie

Chetballard's Arena

OVR: 3

I have no idea how you guys can wait for OSFM rosters.I will use them for other franchise once they are out. This website with all of the hard work the users do, makes a great game even better.I just want to play ASAP and cannot wait. So thanks to those that create rosters etc I am thankful of your hard work. Sorry for going off topic there but thanks again for those that create stuff for this game.

I am running a franchise with my hometown Astros and just swept the Indians 6-4 6-0 7-0. I have hit 7 homeruns so far and for those that do not know the Astros are 2nd in power in Show 15 so they hit a lot of longballs. Next is the rangers so I doubt I can sweep them. I am not using any sliders and just using dynamic diff on both pitching and hitting. The astros are going to be fun to play with this year, and will update with more detailed post etc when I have played more games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »