Home

MLB 16 Ideas!

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Ideas! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 05:13 PM   #337
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 16 Ideas!

Please add classic stadiums back in for MLB 16. They were always great to mix it up and keep things interesting
Old 04-25-2015, 07:44 PM   #338
Rookie

OVR: 6

1) "Go inside the ball park" ala MLB Network. See highlights from other games while in the menu system. It just breaks in and shows you a random out, base hit, homerun, strikeout, etc... of any of the games on that day. Some days you just don't wanna play, and you sim the game, but to have random in game screens showing Mike Trout rob a homerun, or any number of things.

2) Expand the feature, so if i have a CPU vs CPU game on, it will cut into the other game (that you mark as interested in prior to starting your game), and it shows your highlights, cut scenes etc...

imagine during during the last couple weeks of hte season you mark the tigers vs the mariners game cause you need the mariners to lose for your chise, and you have a cut into the game showing cabrera hitting a line drive into the gap to tie the game up. Now it comes back to your chise game, and it keeps flowing. so many ways this would just increase the immersion feel.

3) More in-game stat overlays. I wanna see what the batter is hitting with runners in scoring position and two outs.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #339
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
3) Realistic hit Ball-and-Ground interaction. By this I mean when a ball is hit have the ball spin interact properly with the ground (grass vs dirt). Ground balls down the line have been a dissapointment every year as they roll straight and often end up as singles when in reality they curve, slice, hit the sidewall or reach the corner. Same for liners as well, balls don't just bounce straight after they are hit. I know there is some ball physics in the game that simulates this, but IMO it doesn't go very far. I want to see hits like this or this someday in The Show. Every year the game makes improvements to the ball physics.
This, before anything else, this!
Old 04-25-2015, 10:14 PM   #340
Rookie

1. Commentary needs to be improved. I like this commentary team but it needs to be redone, every game sounds the same. No one wants to listen to the same thing over and over.

2. More stats have to be added. I want to see career stats, I want to see every little stat possible so I can know everything about that player.

3. Hit variety is better this year but I still am seeing too much of the same. Bloop hits never happen and balls seemingly hang up for way too long and never get over outfielders heads. I'd like to see more balls get into the corner when I hit it down the line and high choppers and ground balls actually get past infielders.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:17 AM   #341
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

I already posted 3 but after 9 years 800$ +\- 69.99 x 11 (A scratched one and twice in 14) plus a ps4 and the single game that brought me to OS I'm going to post another.

Patch the R2/Defensive positioning displays on screen some kind of toggle or whatever setting so distracting and just plain ugly, I hate to be dramatic but the game is almost unplayable for me. Staring at the second baseman hidden behind a flashing R2 b.s. reminder constantly after 50+\- games is torture. I dont mean to throw down the gauntlet here but I will buy this game every year until 2065 knock on wood if you fix this and the billboards rolling mid windup from broadcast view otherwise I am pretty much done with console gaming. (Edit): The dynamic difficulty constant update onscreen over and over.. why are you junking up this beautiful game? I apologize if this also has setting otherwise wtf guys serious.

These little distractions at my age with all of what the outside world has to offer are turning me away from your product whether you or anyone else understands my point of view.

If this setting is present I apologize in advance otherwise I will not be purchasing MLBTS 2016 and I will be selling my PS4.

These are stupid "Little Things" to get so bent out of shape with and I expect to get roasted and idgaf.

Thanks.

Last edited by Darkleaf; 04-26-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2015, 01:40 AM   #342
Rookie

fitch94's Arena

This is easily the best sports game going so any adjustment would to simply make the best even better:

1) I'm convinced that adding Sounds of The Show would put this game at another level...it is sorely missing and Sony needs to do the right thing and make this happen.

2) More stadiums...I would love to see more real Minor League stadiums added. I was done before..... in MLB 2k8 they had 20 real minor league parks. The Show could make it happen.

3) Love the idea of contract extensions in season.

4) pregame practice jerseys for BP before games

5) Arguments, ejections and suspensions.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:48 AM   #343
Rookie

OVR: 3

1) Please rebuild Progressive Field.

2) Please rebuild Progressive Field.

3) Please rebuild Progressive Field.

The stadiums (and really everything) almost all look amazing, but a lot of work really needs to be done here. New renovations to the park and working on the skyline would be very welcome, specifically how all the new light interacts with the buildings. Also, it looks like a fan's Kluber sign has been hung on the left field wall where no fan would be able to hang a sign to cover up an add space for some reason.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:59 AM   #344
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

- Authentic broadcast fielding cam, unlike the one currently in there (closer to no-doubter HR cam or as seen in HRD mode with Broadcast selected, though that camera is lower like the FOX Saturday cameras... higher than that, I suppose)

- Proper evening lighting during transitions (blue to dark blue to black)

- Somewhere in all this I'd love to be wishing for different ball, bat, and ground physics alongside defensive movements and such... but it's either too specific or too many wishes as one to get it right. I'm just calling this "Wish #3" somehow.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »