Home

Please help, before I shatter my TV!

This is a discussion on Please help, before I shatter my TV! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2015, 11:54 PM   #9
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Please help, before I shatter my TV!

i agree with everyone else take off guess pitch. i took it off last yrs game because i found that i was focusing too much on it and with it off im seeing stuff alot better which made me improve overall

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 04-19-2015, 12:07 AM   #10
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

I used to be a Guess Pitch guy too until 14. It is a real crutch.

I quit cold turkey, and love it.

I'm really seeing the ball well, and something in 15 is even better. I swear you can see the spin on the ball when a curveball is coming...I still don't draw as many walks as I'd like (damn that change-up), but I'm loving the pitcher/batter interaction.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:59 AM   #11
Rookie

Aschulz484's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3
Without it I can never lay off the low pitches and used to strike out like 20 times a game though. I basically guess down everytime and only swing if it's in the zone unless I have 2 strikes of course. Also I do the classic where it puts the circle exactly where the ball will be.

If I play without it you think I'll hit better? It seems this is supposed to give a boost, although I know people think it's cheese, bUT as bad as I hit now, won't it get way worse?

Yes, you hit better.

The thing with guess pitch is, yes, you get a boost when you get it right but you also get punished for getting it wrong.... So think, how many times do you really get it right. Does the few times you get it pay off in the long run?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #12
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

This year for the first time playing The Show, I did not touch sliders one bit. Dynamic and giving directional hitting a go.

I have not documented results mainly because every game I've played has been so immersive and fun that I don't even worry about realistic results or whatever. Above all, I am hitting the ball like I would expect a regular team should. I have had 1 game where I had 15 hits; yesterday I had 7 hits; 2 through probably the first 7 innings. I was facing Travis Wood and I was being patient, going after good pitches but popping everything up. I didn't feel like I had to go mess with sliders, I just knew I had to make adjustments and bide my time.

I have always wished that The Show had an "Auto-hit" setting. This year I feel hitting isn't a chore. Don't know if this helped, just saying to go at it like you've never done before and have fun with this spectacular game.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try switching to dynamic batting. In MLB 14 I was doing okay with All-Start level and Zone hitting, but MLB 15 has definitely humbled me. Right from the start I was absolutely horrendous at batting, to the point where I was about to scrap it and go back to last year's version. I switched to Dynamic hitting and it's saved the game for me. I use the Cardinals and as a team I'm only batting around .238 right now, so even on "Veteran+++" adjusted level it's still no cakewalk. I feel like the results are legit - against all-star pitchers I see low hit totals, against average pitchers/relieves the hit totals get up to 8-12 hits a game. It still forces you to read pitches but it's a little more forgiving if your timing isn't 100% on the money.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #14
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0

Practice mode! Practice mode! Practice mode!

I spend a minimum half hour in batting practice before I even start a game. I start out with 'bat control' to warm me up on seeing pitches and their locations. I then go to 'good at bat'. My BA online/offline is about .250. It's not great but it's been worse.

I also practice with difficulty on Legend and pitch speed maxed out. I feel it helps me out quite a bit.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 AM   #15
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Turn off guess pitch for sure. I like zone hitting too because you have more control than directional. Lower your skill level too until you get the hang of it (or use dynamic skill).

I also agree with taking the first pitch. You have to learn to be more patient. You can look for a fastball in a zone without guessing it with controls. Stick to that location until you get 2 strikes and then go contact.

You have to be patient and have a good approach or, yes, you will go up there flailing at everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #16
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Guess pitch is teh suck.

I stumbled upon something that works for me. Use directional with the camera shift as an aid to "see ball, hit ball". Go up with a plan: "I want FB inside". Push the stick that way and centre the camera looking only for it until 2 strikes. I was hitting really poorly until the past 10 games or so. Now I hit okay but many fewer walks. Once I'm seeing what I want, I swing. Walks are coming from pitchers missing when I'm looking elsewhere. And power swing in hitter's counts helps with runs and xbh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »